Big3 + Tretinoin

guybrush

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing results! :)

A 3.3% ketoconazole lotion is absolutely crazzy... don't let this stuff get into your body, it can ruin your libido and your liver.

I agree that it is a very good antiandrogen though..

auscultate

Reaction score
hi, great results! Just a question, when you did start on the propecia, did you have an initial shed? How long did it last for?

thanks!

JWM

Reaction score
Didn't the tretinoin irritate your scalp? I would think living in Greece with all that sun could cause problems...

azyx

Reaction score
auscultate said:
hi, great results! Just a question, when you did start on the propecia, did you have an initial shed? How long did it last for?

thanks!

Hello Auscultate!
I have a huge shed after a month on big3!
i lose around 300 hairs everyday between month 1 - month 2
when i applied aloe vera gel about 10-15 hairs found in may hands:(
After the second month on big3 the shed stopped!
now i lose very few hairs...
in the shower less than 10:)
when i apply aloe vera as hair styling gel sometimes found no hairs and some times 1-2 hairs:)

azyx

Reaction score
JWM said:
Didn't the tretinoin irritate your scalp? I would think living in Greece with all that sun could cause problems...

Hello JWM!
I apply Tretinoin for more than 5 years on my face for acne!
So when i start to apply tretinoin on my temples i know how irritating is it an was very careful and do it every 2-3 days at the begining! without irritation:)
after a month i increase the dose!
now i can apply tretinoin 2 times without irritation as you can see in my pictures!
But at the begining you must leave your skin to adapt to tretinoin!
+ i apply tretinoin only at home (afternoon and night)
no sunlight seeing my skin:)
i never apply tretinoin On The Beach:)

azyx

Reaction score
guybrush said:
Amazing results! :)

A 3.3% ketoconazole lotion is absolutely crazzy... don't let this stuff get into your body, it can ruin your libido and your liver.

I agree that it is a very good antiandrogen though..

Hello guybrush!
3.3% ketoconazole lotion is very strong and go systemically with low libido side effect!
now i use 1% ketoconazole lotion without sides!
but the dose is not equal for everbody!
i am 68kg
the bigger guys need bigger dose to see results and bigger dose to see side effects also!

JWM

Reaction score
azyx said:
JWM said:

Hello JWM!
So when i start to apply tretinoin on my temples i know how irritating is it an was very careful and do it every 2-3 days at the begining! without irritation:)
now i can apply tretinoin 2 times without irritation as you can see in my pictures!

Thanks! Do you use a cream or a liquid Tretinoin?

azyx

Reaction score
JWM said:
azyx said:
JWM said:

Hello JWM!

Thanks! Do you use a cream or a liquid Tretinoin?

i use cream 0.05% tretinoin!
the name is AiRoL and i buy it from local pharmacy!
but in the future i am planing to add treinoin to minoxidil lotion to make the regimen simplest.. coz its difficult to apply all this sh*t separately every day to my hair!

azyx

Reaction score
Thank You zeroheat:)
i will trying to send pictures every month (good or bad)
and the changes in my regimen!!!

shaf

Reaction score
Im doing a regimen slightly like yours:

0.025% finasteride
1% keto
5% minoxidil solution topically.

1 mg finasteride orally.

Also minoxidil 5% on temples in the morning, the other one at night. Im going to be using peptides, msm and multi vitamin to increase my results.

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
i say try it jwm, only because i know youll stick around the forums long enough to report back :woot:

azyx

Reaction score
HEllo There:)
I have some update after 5.5 month:)
I have lowered the minoxidil+++ lotion applications rating to 1 time every 2 days!
http://andreaszam.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-results-19-feb-2010.html
some pics here (the hair are WET after the shower)
1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Liam

Reaction score
The results look amazing so far, thank you for sharing your story with us. You seem to have the best growth in the temple regions I have seen so far!

I wanted to know more about the topical treatments you apply...as you use ketoconazole lotion in your regimen. This is a treatment I am going to start soon so wanted to have more info on it. Which brand do you use? Where and when do you apply the lotion? The feedback I have had so far is it can be messy to apply and may need to add water.

The forum thread is available here, that I started on this topic, I also mentioned your blog: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=57626

Thanks again.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Looks awesome man :)

Obviously when it's wet you can see some tiny thinner areas, but mostly... you wouldn't guess you have any kind of male pattern baldness at all, especially when it's dry :)

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
Is Airol just another brand of Retin-A ? I'm looking online for a non-prescribed version. I've been taking vitamin A for the past week or so.

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
hi, interested in adding keto pills to minoxidil too. but can i ask how to you know that the keto will still dissovle in the minoxidil since the solution is already quite "fill" with minoxidil.

could your reduction of effect from 3.3% keto lotion is due to both switching to 1% and using minoxidil 5% as base?

thanks.

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
Greetings from Portugal.

Congratulations on your results and thank you for sharing them with us.

You said you're using a ketoconazole lotion, where did you get that?

I thought that tretinoin was only used to treat wrinkles, are there any studies on its effectiveness against hair loss?