Big 3 With Some Demarolling 2 Month Progress

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So like most people i put off taking finasteride for years. I started losing hair around my crown about few years ago it wasn't very noticeable but i was conscious of it anyway so i started using minoxidil and nizoral as my first line of defense. I also used it on my temple areas but on looking at old photos i guess i just naturally have high temple points. I for sure started losing ground in the crown area and it got to the stage where it was quite noticeable but i was also in the denial phase too. Last your i decided to ad a DHT blocker to my failing regime so i tried RU i think i was on that for 10 months and things just seemed to get worse. It was now people were starting to comment on my hair and poke fun at it. From all of the finasteride horror stories i was always against taking it coupled with the fact I am a professional athlete where strength is key and gaining weight is a must not. So 2 big reasons i was a no to finasteride. However my hair kept getting worse and now i was conscious out in public even tried using toppik.... So i decided to take the plunge and ordered up a supply of finasteride.

I decided to start off taking 0.25mg fearing sides/severity of sides... first few days i got ball ache little bit of brain fog for the first few weeks deff a drop in sex drive and a reduction of semen some times it feels like there is a blockage during ejaculation but i can live with that. Zero erection problems or anything like that and ive successfully shed over 20lb as part of my training....just for those who say they gain weight from taking finasteride (ive actually had an easier time losing lbs this time not sure if that can be linked to finasteride though)

Im only two months into my regime of finasteride minoxidil and nizoral and some derma rolling 1-2 times a week. Here are the results i think i can see a difference my barber also mention that the hair is getting better...I plan to keep updating each month. Feel free to ask questions

Attachments

• IMG_2262.PNG
    IMG_2262.PNG
    660.1 KB · Views: 2,135
  • IMG_2264.PNG
    IMG_2264.PNG
    374 KB · Views: 1,980
  • photo_2018-07-06_18-52-28.jpg
    photo_2018-07-06_18-52-28.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,591

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have the same coverage and hair loss type as me. Mine also started first in the crown. Good improvement and best of luck!

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Photos are taken under direct light for worse case look it normal daylight it don't look this bad. I think there might be hope if I continue the regime looking forward to taking pictures at month 3

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really good results man. Well done. How old are you by the way?

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really good results man. Well done. How old are you by the way?

I am 32 and thank you lets hope the results continue I was surprised to see any results I was hopping to see something after the famous 3 month mark

Last edited:

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your start picture is not too different than where my hair is at in general condition.

I started finasteride 2 weeks ago and just added the rest of your regimen in today. Do you have any tips for application of minoxidil or nizoral or derma rolling? Would you derma roll your vertex or just slick bald areas?

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your start picture is not too different than where my hair is at in general condition.

I started finasteride 2 weeks ago and just added the rest of your regimen in today. Do you have any tips for application of minoxidil or nizoral or derma rolling? Would you derma roll your vertex or just slick bald areas?

No real tips for minoxidil don't over complicate it put it on and cover the areas that are bad I do it once sometime twice daily. Nizoral is simple I use that 2-3 times a week just leave it in for 5 min and then wash out. Dermarolling is a little bit tricky, so if I roll it on my crown it pulls hair out not something you want to do so for the top of my head I just push down on the roller almost like a stamp and just get as much of the top of my head done. I try to do this 1-2 times a week and then I actually roll it on my temple points as there is no hair there

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no sides with minoxidil ? aging / dark circle / hypertrichosis ?

lol your go to question....eh no nothing of the sort ive been on minoxidil for years and no such side effects...and my honest opinion with out starting a debate those sides do not exist

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Closing? Really? That's why I asked, because I question the efficacy of the one I use (lemon aid, by a company called accord healthcare.)

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i recently received an email from them . they will shut down because of administrative work

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
photo_2018-07-06_18-52-28.jpg
So its 3 months today that I have been on 2.5mg of finasteride minoxidil and some derma rolling. There is progress but it is slow but im happy to see any progress!! Any questions just ask let me know if you think there is an improvement its nothing remarkable but i think its something

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So instead of rolling I found just pressing down with the 1.5 does a good job less pain but I’m sure everyone’s pain tolerance is different so just do what works for you

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So instead of rolling I found just pressing down with the 1.5 does a good job less pain but I’m sure everyone’s pain tolerance is different so just do what works for you
interesting. are we gonna get a 3 month update?

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Apart from pain do you think pressing will be sufficient stimulus for thinning, but still relatively hair-dense areas to elicit a response adaptation without damaging existing hairs?