Big 3 - almost full recovery - Koseu

albionlad

Reaction score
Which treatment do you think helped the most? I am on Finasteride for my hairline corners thinning but I am unsure whether to be patient and see how finasteride does, or start applying minoxidil to the hairline corners

Francisco

Reaction score
Great results bro!! Very similar situation with myself, I myself is a diffuse thinner. I've been on finasteride for about 7-8 months total (3/7 days I took finasteride a week for 3-4 months, then after that decided to go every other day with finasteride) and Min for about 2 years (5% nightly only). Results no where near yours though. Do you apply the liquid Minoxidil on the entire portion of the top of your head? (Crown, middle, front). Also what's your take on finasteride everyday? Any suggestions? All the best.

Koseu

Reaction score
How you apply foam on hairline?

I just directly apply it to my hairline from the bottle.

Which treatment do you think helped the most? I am on Finasteride for my hairline corners thinning but I am unsure whether to be patient and see how finasteride does, or start applying minoxidil to the hairline corners

I actually am not sure. I guess it's the combination. But as far as i know, finasteride should be enough if the only loss you have is a little recession. If you want to maintain and possibly regrow in a year or so then only stay on finasteride. If you use minoxidil it will probably grow faster, but you need to stay committed.

Great results bro!! Very similar situation with myself, I myself is a diffuse thinner. I've been on finasteride for about 7-8 months total (3/7 days I took finasteride a week for 3-4 months, then after that decided to go every other day with finasteride) and Min for about 2 years (5% nightly only). Results no where near yours though. Do you apply the liquid Minoxidil on the entire portion of the top of your head? (Crown, middle, front). Also what's your take on finasteride everyday? Any suggestions? All the best.

Thanks man :) I apply minoxidil in the front and into the middle. My crown has not been affected yet, so I'm hoping finasteride will take care of that. I use finasteride every day and it doesn't affect me in any physical way besides slightly reduced semen thickness. It's FDA approved and lots of people take 5 mg pr. day, so I haven't really been nervous about it. Why do you only take finasteride 3/7 days?

Francisco

Reaction score
I started off taking finasteride in Feb 22 2014 M-W-F schedule in order to reduce sides. Then around 3-4 months into it I switched over to every other day, which I'm currently on right now. I'm wondering if it might be advantageous for me to now being at the 8 month mark official to the date , to take it every day? Up until this point no real break through s, I'm sure perhaps I'm in a better position before the finasteride. But nothing for me to really notice; wondering if I should actually go 1MG every day before bed now being at the 8 month mark.

Koseu

Reaction score
I started off taking finasteride in Feb 22 2014 M-W-F schedule in order to reduce sides. Then around 3-4 months into it I switched over to every other day, which I'm currently on right now. I'm wondering if it might be advantageous for me to now being at the 8 month mark official to the date , to take it every day? Up until this point no real break through s, I'm sure perhaps I'm in a better position before the finasteride. But nothing for me to really notice; wondering if I should actually go 1MG every day before bed now being at the 8 month mark.

To be honest, I really don't know. But I think, that if you are in a better position, so far, it's working for you and you don't need to up the amount of days you take finasteride. But if I were you, I would take it every day as they recommend. I believe in possible serious side effects due to finasteride, but not to the extent that more than 5% are affected.

I'm no expert though :)

Francisco

Reaction score
To be honest, I really don't know. But I think, that if you are in a better position, so far, it's working for you and you don't need to up the amount of days you take finasteride. But if I were you, I would take it every day as they recommend. I believe in possible serious side effects due to finasteride, but not to the extent that more than 5% are affected.

I'm no expert though :)

For sure. And I most definitely agree with you on that aspect. But I'm still wary with drugs and how long the body can actually take it before it becomes obsolete. As far as longevity of the drug over the years. I'm not 100% convinced that taking it 365 days out of the year is completely necessary? And I do feel little bit wary of using prescription drugs on a daily sort of deal or even in that matter, any RX drug in general. But that's me just speculating; perhaps over thinking. I maybe will wait until a full year (4 more months) before I switch from EOD to daily usage.

Koseu

Reaction score
Hi everyone

So, I have been on treatments for an entire year now (10 months min, 12 months finasteride) and I, therefore, feel like an update is due :) I have not had any side effects apart from a little watery semen (which is gone now) and I can happily say that it has been a great decision to start the Big 3.

The hair on the top of my head has stayed thick since the last time I uploaded pictures, so I will only focus on showing my temples.

Here are the fotos:
2014-04-15 12.48.25.jpgIMG_0792.jpg

It should be noted that the baseline for my left temple is actually 3 months into treatments as all my baseline pictures of my left temple are bad.

As you can see from my baseline pictures, I was a NW2 (semi diffuse as well), but now I have grown out my teenage Norwood 1 hairline. However, the hairs on my temples are, as you probably can see, very thin and short and they grow slower than the rest on my head, but they still give the illusion of a NW1.

Even if my hairline doesn't thicken up, I will still be very satisfied with the results I have gotten.

All comments and questions are welcome :)

bestSean

Reaction score
hi,dude. wonderful result!congrats! Do you use minoxidil all over your head or just the area lacking hair such as the front and the temples? thx~

Koseu

Reaction score
hi,dude. wonderful result!congrats! Do you use minoxidil all over your head or just the area lacking hair such as the front and the temples? thx~

Hi Sean
I just apply it in the front and on my temples. My crown has not been affected yet :)

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Sean
I just apply it in the front and on my temples. My crown has not been affected yet :)

Congraulations brother , You got very good result , can I ask how old are you and how many years you had hairloss problem please?

Koseu

Reaction score
Thanks :) I noticed I was receeding at 22 but first started treatments at 23, when i noticed thinning. I am 24 now.

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
Koseu
What finasteride do you get and where from ?
sMe for minoxidil ,
and are you doing anything else that you belive contributing to you hair ?

Koseu

Reaction score
Koseu
What finasteride do you get and where from ?
sMe for minoxidil ,
and are you doing anything else that you belive contributing to you hair ?

My finasteride is a generic version called Finasteride "aurobindo" 5 mg, which I get from the pharmacy with a prescription. I cut them into 4 pieces and eat one every evening.

My minoxidil is regaine foam in the morning and regaine liquid in the evening.

I don't do anything else for my hair than this except nizoral shampoo 2 times a week. I used to do it 3 times a week, but i felt 2 times was enough.

Koseu

Reaction score
Koseu, how many mL do you apply of the liquid minoxidil?
I apply 1.5 ml to the frontal region and temples in total. The foam varies, as i just put it on my head as i feel right. But one bottle lasts 1.5 months. so it must be around 1.5 ml of that as well.

Koseu

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Approximately three years have passed since I started the big three. Still going strong. Definitely one of the bests decisions I have made. I still have small thin hairs on my hairline as seen two years ago. They never grew thick and strong, but I am content with what I have.

2017-01-18 10.20.24.jpg