BHT

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Few questions for the informed:
1- Has BHT ( body Hair transplant) been effective so far, compared to head hair transplant ?
2- Is is true that you cannot acheive density with BH, becuase they don't survive in a dense area ?
3- If you have an infinite amount of BH, long thick and dark as your head hair, would you consider using some of it ? what aret he pitfalls ?

Thank you

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Someone came here posting pictures of his mega-bht sessions. Something about 15,000 body hair along with 3,000 scalp hair.

He posted some directly post-op pictures but never came back to post results.

Up to now all the results i have seen were far from satisfying. I do have some hope though, that this technique could improve in the future in case HM fails.

Until we have something new though, i would not advise you to do BHT.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah from what I've seen even the most succesful BHT's dont look that good. I think you'd have to be really desperate to opt for it.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why this technique wouldn't work, You good achieve Norwood 1 with body hair filling in the gaps. Dye the whole thing black, why wouldn't this work, I'm confused.

hairtech

Established Member
Reaction score
BHT is unpredictable at best. I have interviewed about 6 physicians, point blank asked them what they think about BHT, and they all say the same thing... unpredictable.

Now there have been a few positive results but there is absolutely no way to say from one individual to the next if it will grow or not. Currently there are veteran posters that underwent BHT and the reports are all over the place. Some grew, some grew then died, some did not grow at all.

Coverage is one problem with BHT. Scalp grafts are anywhere from 1 to 5 or 6 hairs. BHT grafts on all parts of the body average 1 hair per graft 99% of the time. A 1 haired graft doesn't cover like a 4 haired graft.

Physicians charge you for 1 BHT as 1 graft which is not the same as 1 scalp graft.

BHT grafts do not grow as long as scalp... except beard hair. There are pictures of BHT grafts growing as long as Scalp hairs... I would caution the authunticity.

That is all.

G

I agree with hair transplant. BTW, chest hair can possess a higher degree of coarseness on some patients and I have seen some limited success with it. BH however should only be considered as a last resort for repair and for blending with scalp donor.

I don't want to sound like a broken record but ALWAYS do a small test session first whenever considering BH.