Beware of Avacor - FDA Warning

A

Administrator

Please review the following letter sent from the FDA to the makers of Avacor for false and deceptive advertising. This is somewhat old news but since they continue to advertise, I felt it would be good to keep this up as an announcement for the many who browse through here every day.

http://www.fda.gov/foi/warning_letters/g3938d.htm

Admin

Brandon Mthson

Established Member
Reaction score
The UC Berkeley Wellness Letter also has written a disapproving article on Avacor:

Bottom line: If you want to try minoxidil and/or saw palmetto, you can buy them for a small fraction of what Avacor costs. Avacor’s other ingredients are all questionable, and some of the herbs may have adverse effects or drug interactions.

The Better Business Bureau has alerted the Federal Trade Commission about the unsubstantiated claims made in Avacor’s ads. By the time the FTC, and possibly the FDA, cracks down on Avacor, consumers will have lost millions of dollars. The product will then disappear, probably showing up a year later with a different name. There are already copycat products on the market, also containing unknown quantities of minoxidil and herbs.

http://www.berkeleywellness.com/html/ds/dsAvacor.php

Losing_Hair

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on Avacor. I was actually considering this.

So the MILLION DOLLAR question is...

DOES ANYTHING REALLY, TRULY WORK??? :?

jeffsss

Reaction score
Losing_Hair said:

yes, there are clinically proven treatments :boggled:

chuckfrasher

Reaction score
jeffsss said:
Losing_Hair said:

yes, there are clinically proven treatments :boggled:

Yes. It contains minoxidil.

bubka

Reaction score
put that one guy is "73 years old and had a fuller thicker head of hair now then [he] he did when he was 18 years old..."

G

bubka said:
put that one guy is "73 years old and had a fuller thicker head of hair now then [he] he did when he was 18 years old..."

haha my family laughs so hard at that part. it's not even the same guy i bet.

ftc should sue the s*** out of those companies.

bubka

Reaction score
JayMan said:
bubka said:

haha my family laughs so hard at that part. it's not even the same guy i bet.

ftc should sue the s*** out of those companies.
there is this other radio ad that had the same guy, this time it's for some refinancing or something... same voice, same expression

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
i only wish the fda would crack down on the rest of these sleazy companies who also are marketing false hair growth lotions & potions. how about these other sleazy companies who market diet pills, large breast pills, ect. i could go on & on. it's a shame people don't do their homework & fall for this hogwash!

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They were on the news here in NYC in 2002. Channel 2's shame on you went to their office and tried to speak to one of the Docs making the claims and based on their background sluething...he was convicted of Medicare fraud and had his Med license revoked in NY. He slammed the door in their face. It was hilarious. The thing is people forget and move on but they are riddled in scams.

Kreskin2007

Reaction score
Does everyone realize that the issues alleged by the FDA against Avacor in their 2003 letter have all been satisfactorily resolved? Im a user of Avacor and have been for a long time, and imo it works. Honestly, to each their own, but Avacor has worked for me. It may be just because of the Minoxidil it contains, I dont know Im not a doctor, but I will continue to use it. And if i feel like it isnt working, they will give me my money back.

johnnytuinals

Reaction score
Why not just get Rograne at $75 for a 4 months supply????
So thats $225 a year......And I am sure Rogaine is the samething????JT

Kreskin2007

Reaction score
because i have tried rogaine and personally think avacor works better. ive always been one to believe that you get what you pay for, maybe that makes me a sucker i dont know...

G

Kreskin2007 said:
because i have tried rogaine and personally think avacor works better. ive always been one to believe that you get what you pay for, maybe that makes me a sucker i dont know...

Yes you are a sucker.

Kreskin2007

Reaction score
badasshairday said:
Kreskin2007 said:

Yes you are a sucker.

well sh*t, im a sucker with my hair!