Best Therapist To See For Hairloss?

Baldingat188

Reaction score
A) female
B) full head guy
C) balding guy
D) bald guy

Hmm what do you guys think? I know therapy isn't going to be as effective as actually curing the hairloss through meds but I have identified I have a serious problem. It is constantly on my mind and it stops me from getting things done. I have said before I check my hair 300+ times a day. I'm disgusted with myself for letting it take over my life like this.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt anyone can understand what another human being goes through. Even here... It's not like we understand each other very well.

For instance, I want to slap you across the face because you have great hair ATM... And are on treatment. Despite that you whine more than I do

Now....that doesn't mean you are not suffering, it just means that I cannot understand the things going on in your mind.
This is what I think a therapist tries to overcome, and tries to get into your head to find underlying problems. How they do it, I don't know.

Having said that, I think a balding guy will be able to empathize better, for obvious reasons. Just don't go to some deluded old c***.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
I doubt anyone can understand what another human being goes through. Even here... It's not like we understand each other very well.

For instance, I want to slap you across the face because you have great hair ATM... And are on treatment. Despite that you whine more than I do

Now....that doesn't mean you are not suffering, it just means that I cannot understand the things going on in your mind.
This is what I think a therapist tries to overcome, and tries to get into your head to find underlying problems. How they do it, I don't know.

Having said that, I think a balding guy will be able to empathize better, for obvious reasons. Just don't go to some deluded old c***.

Yea , I know logically I should calm down because I am on treatment and still far from bald. The thing is though I can never calm the voice in the back of my head saying " finasteride won't be enough " or " it's getting worse"

I'm a disgusting , shallow person espically in regards to my own apperence . 90% of my self worth is based in how I look. I've been like this since I was a little kid even at the age of 8 freaking years old I was obbssed with my looks and hair long before hairloss.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
A) female
B) full head guy
C) balding guy
D) bald guy

Hmm what do you guys think? I know therapy isn't going to be as effective as actually curing the hairloss through meds but I have identified I have a serious problem. It is constantly on my mind and it stops me from getting things done. I have said before I check my hair 300+ times a day. I'm disgusted with myself for letting it take over my life like this.

I've seen many therapists, as I've been on a variety of health plans and have lived in many places. In my experience, women make better therapists, but I'm sure that there are many exceptions to this. It may also have nothing to do with them, it is perhaps that I open up better to women.

Also note that baldness isn't a unique syndrome, it's part of sexual and body issues and it will have an overlapping set of symptoms with insecurities relating to height, weight, body size, etc etc etc.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
I've seen many therapists, as I've been on a variety of health plans and have lived in many places. In my experience, women make better therapists, but I'm sure that there are many exceptions to this. It may also have nothing to do with them, it is perhaps that I open up better to women.

Also note that baldness isn't a unique syndrome, it's part of sexual and body issues and it will have an overlapping set of symptoms with insecurities relating to height, weight, body size, etc etc etc.

I actually find women easier to open up to as well. Maybe it is because of our hyper macho culture? I feel as if a male therapist will judge me for being weak and sensitive .

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You forgot E) Bald "by choice"

0bde313f857e4954f1533b62c8c07a29.jpg

A.K.A. "BBC" A.K.A. "big black c****"

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually find women easier to open up to as well. Maybe it is because of our hyper macho culture? I feel as if a male therapist will judge me for being weak and sensitive .

That might be it, though a lot of the men who work in mental health are not chads. I would say that most are not chads, in contrast I do see chads when I see medical residents, dentists, etc.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who is that guy anyway?

I was actually just trying to find out, I post a mocking picture of him at least every few months.

I think I had his name once and I'm sure I saw him on YouTube, he might actually be some type of owner or administrator for slybaldguys who also does YouTube videos.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO, slick bald guys are the best therapists. You don't even have to talk with them to realize the importance of a serious hair loss treatment.

sisenegonan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The bigger question IMO is what you want to hear from the therapist.

Imagine the pain and suffering you have gone through. Ofcourse since no one else has that experience, they can't likely understand, but the right words will ease your mind and lift your spirits.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a disgusting , shallow person espically in regards to my own apperence . 90% of my self worth is based in how I look.

Gotta disagree with you on that one. It doesn't make you shallow...it makes you "normal". Stop believing crap you read on BuzzFeed.
In real life, you are an animal... And the ability you have to attract women is a factor that dictates how happy you will be. You can't just have "character" and be happy with that. Looks matter. And there's nothing you can do about it. Go to your school/University/peer group and chant the silly blue pill crap.
But you have to understand the reality of life. Now will be a good time to start reading Sartre, Camus and Neitzche.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only therapists you should see are derms who will renew your finasteride script and maybe a hair transplant surgeon who will evaluate your donor area capacity in case finasteride fails you. Don't lose ground you are fine right now but I understand your anguish.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 73223

I concur. Genuine baldites of this forum have had a good effect on newbies in starting treatment - heard it over pm. It's remarkable how they quickly stop caring about John Doe and his brain fog from finasteride or dry skin from Minoxidil when they see this:

View attachment 73224

View attachment 73225

Hold onto that native hair or it's game over for the prime years.
Even among baldies though there seems to be lots of variations.

The first baldie looks like he gets laid.
The second looks like an absolute cuck!

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hes in the precaru5ous unstable anxiety phase

Once you go bald its more stable like i said but 1000x more depressing

He also might be subconsciously or consciously fishing for compliments reassuring him his hairs still good. I did the same lol

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
90% of my self worth is based in how I look. I've been like this since I was a little kid even at the age of 8

You received a very sound education, my friend! ;-)