best shampoo to use with Rogaine 5%?

Jonathan 89

Reaction score
yea well its been 20 days since i have started using propecia and rogain, and i think im already starting to feel the bad side effects of propecia, feeling depressed many times for stupid reasons or for no reason at all, and my sex drive has gone down a bit...

so i think im probably going to quit propecia because not getting morning wood as much as i use to is a bit depressing, but yet propecia is like the better medication im taking that helps to prevent hair loss. So i need to think of something else to use with rogaine to stop from losing hair (although im alright in the crown area its just my hairline that im REALY concerned about and i dont think propecia helps the hairline).

right now for shampoo im using nioxin cleanser twice a day (once in the morning and once before i go to sleep) but ive heard that nioxin is a scam and that it realy doesnt help regrow hair but just helps it appear to be thicker.

so with rogaine should i try out nizoral shampoo 3 times a week and use nioxin cleanser every other time or use tea tree oil shampoo every other time?

im hopeing to get some answers from you rogaine users that dont use propecia because im gonna be in the same boat as you guys and i would like to know what works best with rogaine.

and btw if your wondering, its the rogaine liquid i am using, not the foam.

EDIT: forgot to add that right now im on doxycycline because my scalp had a serious acne problem and have been on doxycycline for 20 days, so my scalp might be a bit sensitive for some shampoos.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
dude...ride it out...im telling you from experience...i started rogaine and propecia in may 07..by aug i quit.cuz the shedding bugged me..now i started a 2nd time again in april 08..and im telling you i dont even think about it..i went through a shed for 2-3 months and it didnt bother me at all...its all in yer head..just stick with it...and i dont think i ever got any sexual side effects..i think its all in yer head..even b4 treatments..i wouldnt get morning wood all the time...i doubt you do either..its all in yer head just stick with it and youll be fine..you wont regret it

in 6 months to a year you will start regretting not sticking with it...im just telling you cuz thats how i was and..again stick with it..yer body needs to get use to the medications and youll be fine...how old are you?

Jonathan 89

Reaction score
threats77 said:
dude...ride it out...im telling you from experience...i started rogaine and propecia in may 07..by aug i quit.cuz the shedding bugged me..now i started a 2nd time again in april 08..and im telling you i dont even think about it..i went through a shed for 2-3 months and it didnt bother me at all...its all in yer head..just stick with it...and i dont think i ever got any sexual side effects..i think its all in yer head..even b4 treatments..i wouldnt get morning wood all the time...i doubt you do either..its all in yer head just stick with it and youll be fine..you wont regret it

in 6 months to a year you will start regretting not sticking with it...im just telling you cuz thats how i was and..again stick with it..yer body needs to get use to the medications and youll be fine...how old are you?

im not worrying about the shedding, im losing as much hair as i was before i started taking propecia and rogaine. lately ive been feeling depressed and going through a lot of anxciety, and my semen is more watery than before, and i do get morning wood less often than i normally did before going on propecia.

i was planning on dropping propecia only and staying with rogaine and trying nizoral and/or tee tree oil insted.

but i guess your right i'll stick with propecia a bit longer, im just worrying about losing my sex drive and not being able to get it up at all.

i can still try nizoral and/or tee tree oil if they would be anygood with rogaine and propecia, or any other shampoo that any1 suggests.

and i am 19

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
its all in yer head...look at all threads here and people are always worrying too much and making a big deal out of nothing..just stick it with everything for at least 6 months and see what happens

if yer determining yer sex drive based on morning wood...than thats just retarded...this watery semen i keep hearing bout ive never had, yer body needs to get use to these meds yer taking so obviously some changes will happen in the beginning..just stick with it

and i dont know if 19 year olds are sopposed to take propecia..did you get it from a Doctor? im probly wrong on the age thing