best regrowth shampoo?

bezerra

Established Member
Reaction score
Spectral DNC is a lotion, not a shampoo.

The best shampoo is Revita (not for everybody, as other products, but overall).

Nizoral is a good option too! Search for both shampoo's at the forum and you'll find lot of good info about them :)

try2beme22

Established Member
Reaction score
There is a spectral shampoo as well as lotion. And I currently use Nizoral. I'm looking for others. I use minoxidil but it doesn't seem effective and propecia i stopped a while ago bc of side effects :(

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Theres not a spectral shampoo to my knowledge, but there is revita shampoo that comes from ds laboratories like spectral, I think thats the one you are reffering to.

Im gonna give it a try in the near future.

DHTHater

Established Member
Reaction score
I would also say Revita as well. It has virtually every tested hair growth stimulating and DHT blocking ingredient available on the market all in one bottle, including Ketoconazole. But the topical caffeine can fry your hair after a while if you aren't using a conditioner.

I'd say use Revita 3 times a week. It's slightly pricey at $30.00 a bottle, but if you're conservative it can last 2.5 months without losing effectiveness. A quarter size dollop will create a full lather, and leave it on your head a good 5 minutes. This will conserve, but will do the job, and then rinse gently and follow with like Redken Extreme Conditioner (actually proven to strengthen and widen hair shafts, and people swear by its ability to repair damaged hair) or a cheaper alternative conditioner like Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Conditioner (with Saw Palmetto).

rcom440

Reaction score
DHTHater said:
It has virtually every tested hair growth stimulating and DHT blocking ingredient available on the market all in one bottle

Let's not get crazy here!!!

"virtually every tested hair growth stimulating and DHT blocking ingredient available on the market"
:woot:

DHTHater

Established Member
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
DHTHater said:
It has virtually every tested hair growth stimulating and DHT blocking ingredient available on the market all in one bottle

"virtually every tested hair growth stimulating and DHT blocking ingredient available on the market"

Revita actually does have most of the tested and proven ingredients around all in one bottle, prescription drugs notwithstanding. It doesn't have Minoxidil, Topical spironolactone. Saw Palmetto or Stinging Nettle, but it does have: Ketoconazole 1%, Zinc PCA, Emu Oil, Biotin, Topical Caffeine, Copper Peptides, and MSM, which have all been shown to either inhibit/destroy DHT, and/or stimulate new hair growth.

You get the most bang for your buck with Revita I guess is what I'm saying. Although I really recommend a good conditioner to use afterward. Revita can be sort of caustic/rough on hair shafts if left in for more than 4 minutes, and I like to leave mine in for 5-10. I don't notice any damage however if I use a quality conditioner afterward. And that's key.

rcom440

Reaction score
DHTHater said:
rcom440 said:
DHTHater said:

Revita actually does have most of the tested and proven ingredients around all in one bottle, prescription drugs notwithstanding. It doesn't have Minoxidil, Topical spironolactone. Saw Palmetto or Stinging Nettle, but it does have: Ketoconazole 1%, Zinc PCA, Emu Oil, Biotin, Topical Caffeine, Copper Peptides, and MSM, which have all been shown to either inhibit/destroy DHT, and/or stimulate new hair growth.

You get the most bang for your buck with Revita I guess is what I'm saying. Although I really recommend a good conditioner to use afterward. Revita can be sort of caustic/rough on hair shafts if left in for more than 4 minutes, and I like to leave mine in for 5-10. I don't notice any damage however if I use a quality conditioner afterward. And that's key.

When it comes to Copper Peptides, Emu Oil or even Topical Caffeine it has to stay on the scalp for at least 2 hours to be absorbed so it doesn't do much good.
I think what is working in Revita is 1% Ketoconazole but you can get that in Nizoral for $14 a bottle.

When it comes to destroying DHT, there is not enough studies to assume that Copper Peptides and Topical Caffeine inhibit/black DHT.
Emu Oil doest do it neither. It helps with absorption of the Copper Peptides and possibly other ingredients but then again it has to stay on the scalp for at least 2 hours.

DHTHater

Established Member
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
When it comes to Copper Peptides, Emu Oil or even Topical Caffeine it has to stay on the scalp for at least 2 hours to be absorbed so it doesn't do much good. I think what is working in Revita is 1% Ketoconazole but you can get that in Nizoral for $14 a bottle.

When it comes to destroying DHT, there is not enough studies to assume that Copper Peptides and Topical Caffeine inhibit/black DHT.
Emu Oil doest do it neither. It helps with absorption of the Copper Peptides and possibly other ingredients but then again it has to stay on the scalp for at least 2 hours.

Where did you get this 2 hour figure from, and how does it coincidentally apply to every ingredient in Revita suddenly? I'd be curious to know/see your source. The studies I've seen regarding topical Emu Oil and Topical Caffeine make no mention of "hours" in time of application that I saw.

Maicky

Reaction score
I´m aslo using Revita. I like it very much. Doesn´t know if it is helping for my hairloss but it is a vey good shampoo. I use it every day and since I started using Revita I have stopped using other shampoos. First I massage it in once and leave it on for about 2 minutes, rinse, then I apply it once more and leave it on for about 5 minutes. Since I started using Revita I could stop using a conditioner. I have not noticed it would be too agressive for my hair, I think it is totally the opposite, it is very gentle to my hair. Afterwards my hair feels very soft and is easy to comb. For me one bottle is lasting about 3 months so I don´t think it is too expensive either.

rcom440

Reaction score
DHTHater said:
rcom440 said:
When it comes to Copper Peptides, Emu Oil or even Topical Caffeine it has to stay on the scalp for at least 2 hours to be absorbed so it doesn't do much good. I think what is working in Revita is 1% Ketoconazole but you can get that in Nizoral for $14 a bottle.

Where did you get this 2 hour figure from, and how does it coincidentally apply to every ingredient in Revita suddenly? I'd be curious to know/see your source. The studies I've seen regarding topical Emu Oil and Topical Caffeine make no mention of "hours" in time of application that I saw.

I will try to find it online .

But the point is that Copper Peptides, Emu Oil and Topical Caffeine need to stay much longer than 10-15 to get absorbed. You just simply washing them off your scalp

Jacob

Reaction score
The problem with Revita is that it comes from DS Labs. If you've been around enough you'll know what I mean :woot: (it's kind of an inside joke)

I don't rely on shampoo for regrowth..but my favs would have to be Lamas Chinese herbal(although not using it at the moment) and Micellarin Green by Elsom. The Pristeen hGH shampoo I'm currently using would probably be on that list as well. Then there's this one I'll most likely be using for awhile- http://www.avariohealthcare.com/HAIR_LOSS_TREATMENT_BIOCLIN_PHYDRIUM_ADVANCE_SHAMPOO.html

It contains that StimCap combo of ingreds: http://starturl.com/vtxxu

DHTHater

Established Member
Reaction score
rcom440 said:
DHTHater said:
rcom440 said:

But the point is that Copper Peptides, Emu Oil and Topical Caffeine need to stay much longer than 10-15 to get absorbed. You just simply washing them off your scalp

You've yet to actually substantiate that "point" though is what I'm saying. Until you can establish that Emu Oil or Topical Caffeine needs to be in/on for "X" amount of time to be absorbed, then it's your word against the manufacturers of these products. For all I know it's absorbed through the top few layers of skin in the first minute of application.

DHTHater

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
The problem with Revita is that it comes from DS Labs. If you've been around enough you'll know what I mean :woot: (it's kind of an inside joke)

What's so joke-worthy about DS Labs?

Jacob

Reaction score
DHTHater said:
Jacob said:

What's so joke-worthy about DS Labs?

When they first came out(and even years after that)..and I don't know if this has changed...they made it sound(in emails, and even in some of the literature online and labeling) like everything was nano-encapsulated, when in fact it was just the herbal ingredients. They claimed they were going to change things to make it clear that everything was indeed encapsulated..but never did. They did..I think..start saying the minoxidil was encapsulated(edit..see the post below..they still do not say this. If you care to..ask them to say it on their website, in fact HIGHTLIGHT it- as I asked them to do. I was even told at one point they would do that- they just had to wait until their next website update. They kept stalling and stalling, and years later it still doesn't say it) ..and some other ingredient. My guess is they weren't until they started saying they were. And then you have what others were questioning- their use of minoxidil sulphate.

I'll probably look up what they're saying these days..just for kicks.

Jacob

Reaction score
Not surprisingly..everything is still the same..years later.

These nanosomes are about 10 times smaller then cells and penetrate deep into the epidermis and continuously release the active herbal extracts over a 12 hour period. This allows penetration deeper into the hair follicle then other carrier agent including Tretinoin or Azelaic Acid and further enhances the performance of all the ingredients in Spectral.DNC.

Notice the last part there. Liposomes/nanosomes are known to help other ingreds absorb/penetrate, even if not encapsulated. But all those other ingreds are not encapsulated..as claimed.

The other two ingreds I mentioned above that they ended up encapsulating:

The addition of Adenosince and Procyanidin B-2 and C-1 is a recent innovation that further boosts the performance of Spectral DNC. Both compounds are encapsulated in our proprietary nanosomes. Spectral DNC is the only formulation in the world that delivers Adenosine and Procyanidin B-2 and C-1 in a nanosomal carrier agent.

Even the product insert is the same:

Other components of this formulation are purified water, Ivy
nanosomes, Hops nanosomes, Capsicum nanosomes, Ethanol, Vitamin and Mineral Complex, Propyleneglycol, and Methyl Paraben.

The addition of Procyanidin B-1 and C-2 and Adenosine nanosomes to this formulation is a recent modification and has allowed a further
enhancement of effectiveness and rapidness of results.

Nowhere do I see specifically that the minoxidil, for example..is actually encapsulated. The closest they come to that is
The use of nanosomes as the carrier agent in Spectral DNC® increases the absorption and effectiveness of Minoxidil
Can't seem to find minoxidil sulphate, either.

Q: What is DS Laboratories nanosome technology?
A: DS Laboratories nanosome technology encapsulates the active ingredients in microcapsules that are hundreds of times smaller then
human cells. The outer layer of the microcapsules is formed from a material similar to the skin. These microcapsules reach much deeper into
the epidermis tissue then standard carrier agents and therefore boost the effectiveness of all active ingredients.

Remember..only the herbal "active ingredients" are specifically mentioned to be encapsulated. Even when comparing themselves to regular minoxidil(see the last quote below) they don't brag that their minoxidil is encapsulated in nanosomes etc etc. You'd think they'd HIGHTLIGHT this everywhere- which is something I pointed out to them years ago.

Q: What is the difference between Rogaine®* and Spectral DNC®?
A: Rogaine® is a 5% Minoxidil solution approved by the FDA as a treatment for hair loss. Rogaine® does not contain any other active
ingredients. Spectral DNC® uses the highest quality research grade Minoxidil combined with Aminexil - the only other compound clinically
proven to re-grow hair. Spectral DNC® also contains Retinol, a Vitamin & Mineral complex, and highest purity herbal extracts. All the active
ingredients are encapsulated in DS Laboratories nanosomes. In short, Spectral DNC® is significantly more effective and provides rapid and
dramatic results even in users who did not respond to Rogaine®. Spectral DNC® is the world's most effective topical hair loss treatment
medication.

Sorry to stray from the original topic..but someone did ask :dunno: It'd be interesting to see what the labels say these days.

Jaeger

Reaction score
rcom440 said:

I would be interested if you ever put that up

On the Folligen site it claims that CP's should be on for 6-8 hours so what are the chances that a shampoo with one of the ingredients would even be effective at 15 minutes?