Best "Off-Day" Shampoos

killbill123

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for ya'lls thoughts on the best shampoos to use for Nizoral off-days. I'm talking non-male pattern baldness shampoos, so I'm not looking for the scoop on Revita, Tricomin, or Revivogen shampoos. Just looking to see what kind of regular shampoos are the most gentle, nutritious, and cosmetically good for male pattern baldness sufferers.

G

I suggest mild shampoos such as a Baby shampoo or a nettle shampoo.

Pondle

Reaction score
The Phyto range has some very good, gentle shampoos. I think they are SLS-free. Look out for organic brands too.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
nizoral 1% is fine to use 3-4 times a week...ive been doing it for months without a problem.

if you use nizoral 2% id go with 2 to 3x a week. so maybe like m/w/f nizoral 2% and then NANO the other days.

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
killbill123 said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:
nano one day, nizoral the next....game over.

I was under the impression you didn't want to use nizoral more than twice a week?

On the bottle of 1% nizoral, it says use every 3-4 days. YMMV if you see side effects from using more.

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
nano one day revita the next.

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score
progaine thickening shampoo it really thickens my hair after a shower but its really hard to comb your hair afterwards not unless you use a conditoner.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Min cleaning regime (min.com) or T-gel.

Renegade

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm also thinking about beefing up my shampoo regimine. I want to try out the Revita but the reported sheds don't sound so cool.

As for my non-nizoral, off-day shampoo, so many people recommend "Nano." Is it really worth the $$$? I really prefer the idea of finding an "organic" or SLS free shampoo like the Jason's line. But there are so many of them. There's Tea Trea, Hemp, etc. Which one is REALLY the best for scalp health?

jcosta

Reaction score
I've been using JASON biotin shampoo and conditioner in addition to nizoral 1%. I've had very satisfactory results with this combination. I find my hair much easier to maintain and the general feel is pretty good. Jason Biotin shampoo is about $5.99 in my kneck of the woods, so it's not too cost prohibitive. Hope this helps.[/b]

Pondle

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
nano from lef.org costs 22 bucks....it will last you AT LEAST 6 months if you pre-wash...I think its worth it.

Any UK/Euro stockists for that stuff?

Sean68

Reaction score
i dont think so. ive searched for it before and didnt find anything.
i just took the plunge and got it from dr proctor. its about £45 for the
shampoo and conditioner inc shipping but should last me at least 3 months
the way its looking at the moment.