Best Leave-in Conditioner? Preferably With Built-in Spf.

pferr

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I went for my consultation on Wednesday and will be getting my first ever system in about two months!

My question is regarding products. I'd like to find a good leave-in conditioner preferably with a built-in SPF? Does anyone have any recommendations? My salon sells one that is quite good but lacks the SPF that I'm looking for.

I know they need to be sulphate free and there are a few out there, but most seem to contain some sort of alcohol, namely benzyl alcohol. Is this standard as i thought the alcohol would have the opposite affect?

Any recommendations will be gladly received!

:)

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you can get it... Schwarzkopf, BC Bonacure Sun Protect. They just reformulated. I liked the old one, better, it had a different fragrance. This new formulation is a bit thicker. I then add some Aragan oil (which I do to all the spray-in products I use).

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have Revlon and Schwarzkopf, and I prefer the Revlon Equave instant beauty (blue). My opinion, I think is better than Schwarzkopf Total Repair leave in conditioner.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have Revlon and Schwarzkopf, and I prefer the Revlon Equave instant beauty (blue). My opinion, I think is better than Schwarzkopf Total Repair leave in conditioner.

I use the Total Repair for winter, since it has no sunscreen.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just checked out the link, it seems they only ship to Canada.

I tried an experiment using Neutrogena SPF 100 with bc bonacure peptide repair rescue, it did not work out so well...

I received my four bottles of the newly formulated BC Bonacure Sun Protect, but my friend accidentally bought the creme, and not the spray. This wound up being a bonus because when you add 200ml of water to 100ml of cream, you get the same consistency as the spray. So 400ml became 1.2 liters... enough for two summers...

Russianguy

My Regimen
Reaction score
But why you don't use Revlon with spf?

Attachments

• Rev.jpg
    Rev.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 192
Reactions: rme

pferr

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I think I am quite swayed by the Revlon Equave instant beauty (blue) as it is a large quantity for an affordable price. It says it helps protect against UVA/UVB rays: does this amount to an adequate amount of sun protection as it doesn't specify any SPF content?

Also, the CLOUD leave in conditioner does sound promising but I couldn't find any reviews for it. I'm not slating it but would like to get a feel of the general consensus from customer feedback. If it is formulated by a hairpiece provider I can imagine it doing a good job, but can also see a conflict of interest in pushing a sale.

I naturally am looking for the best product that is going to be most cost effective too. The aim of course is to maintain great hair and if I can do it in a fashion that better agrees with my wallet then bonus haha.