Best hair systems

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If anyone could help me Id really appreciate it. I live in Israel and surprisingly we do not have any hair system salons here at least I haven't found any. So my choice is going to Europe to get a hair system but unfortunately I can not do it regularly because you know money wise. So I need something that will last at least for 10/12 months . I was looking at Farell system and they do look really great they say that it lasts for 5 up to 7 years its quite expensive 4800$ but for 5 years its really nothing.Unfortunately I haven't found any other system that could last for 10/12 months. Total cover up does look really great but their system only lasts for 7 weeks as they say if I were living in UK that would be a great deal but I don't so, can anybody suggest me any other choices ? and what do u guys think about Farrel , I read some positive comments about his system. Should I go for his system, does it really lasts for 5 years? Any help would be really , really appreciated. Thanks in advanced

Pumie, there are many people that DIY and have done so from an early stage. There isnt much to it and you should definitely think about it.

That way you open up suppliers worldwide.

If you look after your system there is no reason it shouldn't last 12-months, though most people, like me to change every 6-9-months, but that's pretty much because we are not parting with silly prices like Farrell.

I can buy 11 hair systems for the price of one of their pieces. And do not equate price and quality as there are plenty of high price poor products and the converse too; places like NWL in USA and UK Hair Systems in Europe are options.

I do not rate Total Cover Plus after a PM I read recently.

Pumie

Reaction score
Pumie, there are many people that DIY and have done so from an early stage. There isnt much to it and you should definitely think about it.

That way you open up suppliers worldwide.

If you look after your system there is no reason it shouldn't last 12-months, though most people, like me to change every 6-9-months, but that's pretty much because we are not parting with silly prices like Farrell.

I can buy 11 hair systems for the price of one of their pieces. And do not equate price and quality as there are plenty of high price poor products and the converse too; places like NWL in USA and UK Hair Systems in Europe are options.

I do not rate Total Cover Plus after a PM I read recently.

Hey , thanks for responding .Northwest lace does look really good to me and they are really cheap. I think I will order one next week to give it a try, what do you think? should I ? you are more experienced than me obviously , maybe you heard more about them also could you please guide me with all the tapes ,glues and shampoo ,what should I buy and where, i read about hair direct, should i order it from them? tnx a lot for ur ur help and time !

shookwun

Reaction score
fu7nezb.jpg

Don't be that guy

AmThatGuy

Reaction score
Partial Hair Piece

What is your thoughts of partail hair piece. Specificaly one from the hairline to mid scalp?

Noah

Reaction score
What is your thoughts of partail hair piece. Specificaly one from the hairline to mid scalp?

Yeah, they are a good idea. If you have decent hair at the back then best to keep using it. There is not as much difference in price as you might think. It's obviously crucial that you get a good blend between the piece and the natural hair behind it, in terms of color, texture and curl. A blend running across the top of your head is a little less forgiving than a blend between your whole top and your sides, so that is something you need to keep an eye on.

newmexicohair

Reaction score
I'll give you my two-cents! Eric is a really nice guy but, the last three systems I got from him were WAY off!!!! So far, John at TopLace has been great!!

System88

Reaction score
Rollercoasters

Sorry to jump on this thread but has any hair system users been on any rollercoasters with a system on? Especially abroad? I'm worried about the heat and humidity loosening the bond

Antoine82

Reaction score
Hi Pumie

Particularly for a brand new wearer, no decent system will last that long, I'm afraid. I say "decent" because you could get an old-fashioned piece with a thick monofilament base and synthetic hair, and that would probably last a couple of years. But the problem is it would be highly detectable and unnatural, because the unfortunate truth is that hard-wearingness and a natural undetectable look are incompatible qualities in a hair system. To get a natural look, the base material and the knotting need to be very fine and delicate, and that makes them fragile.

Farrell systems are good quality (although not in a league of their own from a quality perspective, as the price might suggest). Their prices are outrageously high. The claim that they last 5 years is highly misleading. The main fabric of the base and some of the hair may last that long, but they deteriorate like any other good quality system, so in order to keep wearing them you have to send them back to Farrell for him to add new hair and to replace the delicate front hairline section. That is expensive, and means you are without the hairpiece for extended periods, so you always have to buy two. I don't believe there is really any advantage in repeatedly renovating a hairpiece in the way Farrell does it, as compared with just buying a new one at a more reasonable price. I think the supposed 5-year lifespan is just a way of justifying the huge initial outlay.

If money is in any way an issue I would suggest you skip Farrell. There are other providers in Europe which cost less and do as good a job. But your aim should be as quickly as possible to become self-sufficient - using the initial salon visit to pick up tips and get a template made so that you can then order your own systems on the Internet. You can get a really nice lace system on the Net for less than US$300.

I don't want to put names on the board in case it is seen as spam or advertising, but I have some suggestions for suppliers, which I will give you if you PM me.

Good luck

Noah

Thanks for your support. I would like to ask you some questions regarding the hair system that I intend to order. I am new on it. I could not PM you. So may I have your email instead? Many thanks.

George W Hitler

Reaction score
...ouch...that pic of the guy with the dog...his piece is terrible...I get shivers...just looking...

I read in one of the first posts - something like 1500 pounds - which in Canadian translates to 4500$, I will be paying a little less than 3300$ per years if all goes well with my new studio. I have read many posts in here where some people are in little towns where they cannot have service unless they travel a hundred miles or so! Have to say I'm lucky to live a giant city where there are actually MANY studios.
Am starting with a new place this Wednesday and cannot wait to see results. My former studio could not get the less dense pieces (because of lace - you always need thin front). So...in answer to the original post - pay the less deposit you can, ask many questions and look for the best. It may cost more - but if you wind up like the guy with the dog - you are better bald!

Good luck,

George!

George W Hitler

Reaction score
Hello Fred,

The hair system is not just about the money. The hair system will give you the hair that you wish to have. I have slightly made jokes with this in another thread but, I am a huge Superman (Reeve-Routh) fan and transplants would not give me the hair I wish to have. I know that Reeve actually wore total wigs in his movies but, this is the look I want in life. And it is this other point I mentioned that really haunts me: so far, with the info we have - we only have one life on Earth. I think it is more important to sacrifice money than your happiness or sense of who you are. Not everyone values their hair - or to the same degree as other people. What I do think is that people should do as they feel will make them happy with their lives!

Have a nice evening,

George!

Tara24

My Regimen
Reaction score
Johnny,

I have sent you a PM with details.

I thought I would write the below in open forum to help others thinking about a hair system and covers some of what you wrote.

I can empathise with you. I used fibres for a few years, but eventually, there was more fibre than hair! Like a vampire, I was scared of water splashing and my fibres smearing.

Total Cover Plus offer a solution albeit for those unwilling to invest some time or of a less inquisitive nature

Like you, I initially spoke with them before concluded I could get a more natural and longer lasting hair system for less elsewhere.

With TCP, you have to pay (or when I last checked) £280 per hair system and then £120 for it to be cut in. You then need to change thier system every 6 to 8 weeks. Over the year it adds up to thousands. In addition, they told me they will get me a custom made piece in 10-days, which is more like taking a stock piece and cutting it.

I never understood, how it can be kept on your hair for 8 weeks and to be honest, I dont think (for me) its hygienic. I go to the gym 5 times a week and it would soon lift.

Further, I felt I had no independence or understanding if each time I had to go to the salon to get it removed and replaced. I prefer to have my autonomy.

Dont get me wrong, TCP is a solution for some, but for me it isnt the best one.

I found a supplier in the UK and I pay £235 per a system and get it cut in for £65 (on his recommendation). I change my system very 6-months. During that time I remove, clean and reattach my system every 2-weeks.

I send a template and hair sample and get my hair system back in 4-weeks.

Had my first one for 8-months and still have it as a back up and my current one for 6-months. Just ordered my third one.

Very happy with it and generally, very happy with hair systems for restoring both my hair and confidence.