best hair gel?

DHTHater

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair Gels kill hair, or at least most of them do. I'd caution against using them. You'll shed like mad. It literally clogs pores and suffocates hair. If you have to use a styler, I highly recommend Jason Natural Thin-to-Thick Hair Spray. It contains all natural ingredients, and many of the ingredients are known hair regrowth stimulators. It's the only thing I use to style, because I can feel safe keeping it in my hair all day.

stamos

Reaction score
DHTHater said:
Hair Gels kill hair, or at least most of them do. I'd caution against using them. You'll shed like mad. It literally clogs pores and suffocates hair.

Does the same thing apply and for hairspray?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That would certainly indicate why my crown has thinned the way it did, It was quite easy to hide with a certain thickening hair spray, but I used it by the bucket load and every day, So I would say yes Hairspray isn't your friend if you use a lot

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
stamos said:
Thanks Esprit. I was talking about normal hairspray, medium hold - no thickening.

I think you'll find 99% of them have the same alcohol type stuff in them, the light mist sprays are probably fine, but if you use quite a bit, It's no good for it. Depsite washing my hair often, when I went to the hairdressers, they always made comment that there was a lot of remnents from it on my scalp. So just go easy and make sure you wash it out regularly rather than topping it up like I used to.

DHTHater

Established Member
Reaction score
Again, try Jason Natural Thin to Thick Hair Spray. It doesn't contain any Alcohol, PVP or PVM, and is totally Non-Aerosol. What's more, its ingredients include hair essential nourishing rice and soy proteins, Biotin and Panthenol 3. Brass tacks is it won't choke the life out of your hair.

stamos

Reaction score
DHTHater said:
Again, try Jason Natural Thin to Thick Hair Spray. It doesn't contain any Alcohol, PVP or PVM, and is totally Non-Aerosol.

Hi DHTHater,

I have 3 bottles of Jason Thin 2 Thick Shampoo & Conditioner. The question is that I cannot use it everyday, as I use and Nizoral, T-Gel etc.

So if I use it 2 or 3 times per week, would I gain thickness for the whole week or just for the days I use it? Also the 10% extra thickness is true statement?

Jacob

Reaction score
The Lamas product has quite a few good-for-hair ingreds..and doesn't contain alcohol either.

Jokerman

Established Member
Reaction score
DHTHater said:
Hair Gels kill hair, or at least most of them do. I'd caution against using them. You'll shed like mad. It literally clogs pores and suffocates hair. If you have to use a styler, I highly recommend Jason Natural Thin-to-Thick Hair Spray. It contains all natural ingredients, and many of the ingredients are known hair regrowth stimulators. It's the only thing I use to style, because I can feel safe keeping it in my hair all day.

I use a pomade everyday and top it off with a bit of hairspray. I've been doing this the whole time I've been on finasteride and not only has my shedding stopped, I've also had regrowth. When you apply the gel, wax, etc. as long as you're not rubbing it into your scalp I don't think it's a problem. A little bit of hairspray probably isn't going to matter either, but if you have inflammation then it might cause increased irritation.