Best concealer when hair is wet

mayo783

Reaction score
what are some good concealers that actually hold up when wet?, i.e rain, sweat, swimming, etc. Im using toppik now but it doesnt seem to do the job once my hair is wet

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Not the expert on concealers (I've only ever used toppik on dry hair) - but when your hair is wet, I don't think there's much out there besides a baseball cap.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
The ads say Toppik won't come off unless you use shampoo, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that's an overstatement.
Now that I'm using it, I've just decided not to have it on if I'm going to be in water or sweating excessively. I'll wear a hat to the swimming pool and only take it off as I'm about to jump in the water. Once my hair is wet, my scalp is going to shine through no matter what. When I'm working out, I'll go to the gym with a doo rag on to conceal my dome. When I'm done sweating, I'll dry my head and put on the Toppik.
I really don't know that I'd trust any concealer not to run if exposed to a lot of moisture. That could make for some embarassing situations. Toppik has definitely made a difference in how I feel about myself, though. It might not be perfect, but I'd rather have it than not.

LeesHair

Established Member
Reaction score
When your hair is properly wet through only Dermmatch actually stays on apparently, but if your hair is thin then you can see pretty obviously that you've used it!

So I'd stick to the Toppik or Nanogen type products, in my opinion they give the best results, and I don't really think there's a way of covering hair loss when completely wet through.

(And if someone posts on here Advertising haircubed I'll shoot em :innocent: )

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Agreed, dermmatch is the best for wet hair. In fact I highly, highly recommend applying while your hair is still damp, say, towel dried after a shower. Its amazing the difference for me. It blends very very well after it dries and does not appear to be fake looking or waxy or chalky looking at all. Great stuff.