Best concealer for front hairline?

bv3131

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a concealer for my front hair line. I still have a decent amount of hair in the front, but it's definitely thinner and it makes it very difficult to style it for the look I want. What product would you guys recommend? My hair is about 1.5 inches on top and I like to style it with a molding clay to give it a kind of messy/spiky type look. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

rk22

Reaction score
how about the smell from couvre and dermmatch? I have read couvre smells not good?

rk22

Reaction score
how do you use dermatch with toppik? At first dermatch and how long must you wait until dermatch dry to use then toppik or are use toppik immediately?

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Dermatch does not really have a smell.

In your experience does dermatch actually thicken up the existing hairs (as they state) or just paint your scalp? Reason I ask is that im using aquamatch and it pretty much just paints your scalp. Does a good job but added thickness would be a bonus.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
1st ive heard of Dermatch

but those Couvre vids look good its almost like your just painting your head :)

I tried a toppik alternative at the front and well it was not that good, as someone mentioned you really need a bit of hair at front to make it look remotely good.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Depends on the loss. If you are NW1-2 but with thinning then toppik can work wonders and if you dab a little on there and play around with it can look fantastic. If NW3/4 at the front and dreaming of a hairline, your best best is to order a partial hair piece(s) for the hairline.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
I would have recommended Prothik for your hairline before they changed the formula and can, as I was able to use it as a standalone product even on my hairline(But that is another thread). I still use it on my hair-until I find another spray-on concealer that was like the original Prothik-but I use Toppik on my hairline to make it look more realistic. So... Toppik. In the Toppik sprayer. I don't think I would try it with only the shaker bottle top.