Being Diffuse Is Nothing Compared To Being Diffuse And Receding

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pre-mature hairloss just eats you up inside. I was 23 in 2006 when I first realized that I was really balding and I thought I'd surely be bald before I hit 30. Fast-forward to when I was 30 I still had some hair, very diffuse, but I wasn't bald bald. I was sure that time would be a healer and I'd adjust to being bald in 10 years or so... but now it's already been 12 years and I haven't adjusted one bit. My self-esteem is very low and I think that I'll never be good enough for anyone. I'm in a relationship now but I always feel that it's only a matter of time until she finds out what a loser I really am and dumps me. And this all despite the fact that I'm educated, average looking, in good shape and working full-time in a respected position. Hairloss really is a b**ch.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So like some of you know I am horribly diffuse NW5-6 but that wasn't so bad... my right temple started really receding a couple of years back and now it's gotten really bad. In a few years time I bet I'll end up a NW5-6 with only a tuft of hair on one temple. Luckily my life isn't otherwise too bad nowadays, despite all my flaws. I've started dating a nice girl who doesn't seem to care about my shortcomings and I'm also working full-time as a electrical engineer. So all is not bad but this hairloss biz still gets me down from time to time. Usually it starts to really bother me when something drastic happens, like this accelerated temple receding.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So like some of you know I am horribly diffuse NW5-6 but that wasn't so bad... my right temple started really receding a couple of years back and now it's gotten really bad. In a few years time I bet I'll end up a NW5-6 with only a tuft of hair on one temple. Luckily my life isn't otherwise too bad nowadays, despite all my flaws. I've started dating a nice girl who doesn't seem to care about my shortcomings and I'm also working full-time as a electrical engineer. So all is not bad but this hairloss biz still gets me down from time to time. Usually it starts to really bother me when something drastic happens, like this accelerated temple receding.
I hear ya. My right temple.went back one inch in about a.year itz frustrating because I get sides from minoxidil. And just have to sit back And watch it.

blackg

Reaction score
Pre-mature hairloss just eats you up inside. I was 23 in 2006 when I first realized that I was really balding and I thought I'd surely be bald before I hit 30. Fast-forward to when I was 30 I still had some hair, very diffuse, but I wasn't bald bald. I was sure that time would be a healer and I'd adjust to being bald in 10 years or so... but now it's already been 12 years and I haven't adjusted one bit. My self-esteem is very low and I think that I'll never be good enough for anyone. I'm in a relationship now but I always feel that it's only a matter of time until she finds out what a loser I really am and dumps me. And this all despite the fact that I'm educated, average looking, in good shape and working full-time in a respected position. Hairloss really is a b**ch.
You're being a bit hard on yourself, I think. Believe me... I used to sound the same as you as I was always convinced that the girl I was with would eventually "find out what a loser I am" and walk away.

Well, guess what? It never happened.

I bet this woman you're with has a vastly different opinion of you then the one you have of yourself.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
^ I sure hope she does. One day I'll probably ask her what does she like about me. It would be fun to know. I do know that she thinks that I'm a decent and nice person, but that's it.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
well you still have a hairline at least, shaved down it probably doesnt look so bad from the front. its not like people are seeing your hair from the top , unless theyre really tall

got a frontal pic? just maintain what you have now you should be alright, and ofc transplants will work a lot better, engineers make good money u shud be able to afford one soon

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
For a women in her ?30s, that's probably enough

Yeah I really hope so. She's 34 today and I'll be 36 later this year.

well you still have a hairline at least, shaved down it probably doesnt look so bad from the front. its not like people are seeing your hair from the top , unless theyre really tall

got a frontal pic? just maintain what you have now you should be alright, and ofc transplants will work a lot better, engineers make good money u shud be able to afford one soon

My hairline is a mess, the receding has been going on for a couple of years. I can't maintain what I have 'cause I can't go on DHT suppressing meds again. I got peyronie's and worsening of gyno from finasteride the last time around so that's a no-go for me. I just have to suck it up like I have done so far.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been pretty depressed about my hairloss the past few days and I decided to take some more pics:

The first one is 3 years back so I guess my hairline has been pretty fucked up for longer than I actually thought. The other one is new and it reveals the true horror of my situation. Lol... can't help but laugh.

upload_2018-6-12_17-31-26.png nimetön.jpg

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a professional mugshot for work last year, close buzzed:
View attachment 90753
You are obviously thinning
However, after buzzing it isn’t as evident
I mean, the hairline hasn’t suffered almost at all

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you check the newer pics? The hairline/temples are going fast :D.

Last edited:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Thanks for the update!

Reactions: ghg

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're welcome UC. How are you doing by the way? I somehow feel a bit better already, I'm just gonna keep it closer buzzed and ride this feeling out. It's not like I haven't known that I'm balding for over 10 years now. I realize that it's ME who it bothers the most, not anyone else.

Last edited:

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's a professional mugshot for work last year, close buzzed:
View attachment 90753

You have good skin, solid temple points and a well shaped head. Going bald is sh*t but you're in a better position than most to keep it shaved down. Still looks good.

All you need is a bit more density.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have good skin, solid temple points and a well shaped head. Going bald is sh*t but you're in a better position than most to keep it shaved down. Still looks good.

All you need is a bit more density.

That's exactly where it becomes impossible. Solid temple points don't exist anymore either.