Being Bald With A Brother Who Still Has His Hair

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It sucks going bald, but it sucks even more when you have siblings who don't have the same genetics.

My brother is lucky. He is six feet tall, average build, and has all his hair still in his late 30s. I'm 6'3", broad shouldered, and started losing my hair when I was 16.

I don't live near my brother and only see him on holidays, but I hate that he got all the best genes. I hate being taller than him because it makes me look awkward and most women want someone shorter, I hate that he still has his hair and so he can get girls I can never get because of my baldness and size.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're not positive comments to me. I don't want someone who notices my size. I don't want someone who likes that I make her feel small by comparison. To me, being big means being awkward and taking up too much space.

KyleTroy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can relate

Had a roomate in college like a brother

Its just an awkward conversation

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
They're not positive comments to me. I don't want someone who notices my size. I don't want someone who likes that I make her feel small by comparison. To me, being big means being awkward and taking up too much space.

you sound like one of those women that complains her breasts are too big.

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I don't understand is, why you dislike when girls make compliments about your height. You don't have to like your height but when a girl genuinely likes it, why aren't you happy about the fact that someone actually likes what you dislike about yourself?
Regarding the topic of this thread, I have a brother who is 6 years older than me and still NW1.5 and it really is frustrating. Not that I want him to lose hair too, but just that I'm so damn unlucky

I don't like it because generally it's big girls that find me attractive and that's because they like that I make them "feel small." I don't like it when someone likes my size because it's always making some girl feel better about HER size.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Me and my brother look very different.

I'm 5'10, athletic, receding, attractive face, brown hair.

Brothers 6'3, ginger, fat, average face, but is a fullhead.

Even though I have hair loss I still think I am the lucky one.

He has height and hair, whereas I have face and body.

blackg

Reaction score

You have a great face and body. You are the lucky one.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Like this?

21682524_1446990079.8151_Zy7abU_n.jpg

Genetic lottery can be brutal, here his family:

61559bea1c01732b562efc8720087f8c--ton-gabriel.jpg

Bald small father ;)

Baldingat188

Reaction score
Indeed. It's all looks. Plus no way in hell I would want my brother to bald. I'm happy he's a thick Norwood 1 and never had baldness. Glad for his genetics and I remind him of it. I love my family and close friends.

I would never wish for my family to bald however seeing my cousins at family gatherings that are older then me with thick hair is hard. Other than that though every male in my family over 30 is nw6-7 . Talk about bad hair genes.

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I do know is that NO girl wants a boyfriend who makes her "feel big". You're probably right that particularly big girls find you attractive, but that doesn't mean that an average sized girl is repulsed by your height. Maybe very small girls would rather have a boyfriend who is not that much bigger, but I can't imagine that your height is a no go for most women. Like you said, you are not freakishly tall.

I should have made it clear earlier that usually it's GUYS who comment on my height. I don't want people to get the impression I get lots of attention from women and just can't stand it. In the last month:

* Panhandlers always call me "big man" to flatter me before hitting me up for money. Yesterday (about six hrs before writing my post), a guy saw me getting on my bike outside the grocery store and said, "Damn, you're a big 'un...need a big bike for a big guy like you" before asking me if I'd go back in the store and buy him $16 worth of baby formula.

* I helped apprehend a shoplifter at a different store. When the cops took the guy away, they just had to say "Good thing they had a big guy like you to help out."

In regards to women, I doubt they see me and think, "Eeew, look how tall he is...yuck." And I know some women even prefer big (or even bald) men. However, that doesn't mean I feel attractive being that way. That's what's so hard for people to understand. They say, "Why do you hate being a big bald guy? Look at so and so who does all those action movies...lots of women like him." And that's fine if that's what they like, but it makes it extra hard for me when someone just has to open up their mouth about how tall I am or what a big guy I am, etc. It confirms that I AM big and bald and it's obvious to everyone.

My challenge is to find a way to like being how I am. Getting in shape is the most helpful thing I can do, but weight loss isn't going to put hair back on my head nor make my shoulders less broad nor my height less noticeable. It's hard to adopt an aesthetic that you dislike, though.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score

how tall is your dad?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
It sucks going bald, but it sucks even more when you have siblings who don't have the same genetics.

My brother is lucky. He is six feet tall, average build, and has all his hair still in his late 30s. I'm 6'3", broad shouldered, and started losing my hair when I was 16.

I don't live near my brother and only see him on holidays, but I hate that he got all the best genes. I hate being taller than him because it makes me look awkward and most women want someone shorter, I hate that he still has his hair and so he can get girls I can never get because of my baldness and size.

THIS GUY!

It drives me insane when Im with my little brother because of his insane head of hair. It makes no sense, my sis and bro have perfect hair and I got sh*t. I technically the tallest but being the tallest of 3 people under 5-10 is like bragging your the richest bum in the shelter and Im only like 1.5" taller than my bro so its not even like its a substantial amount. He makes more than that up in hair alone.

Im the perfect gauge of attraction and hair. He and I look nothing alike for the most part. When we are together NO ONE believes we are brothers, in fact I get a snotty look for trying to just say Im his brother. When I had hair we used to hang out and I would be stealing girls away because even though we were both really good looking, I had MUCH better charisma. Now my charisma means jack sh*t and females would ask me to watch their drink to talk to him.

As for the guy crying about being tall and not wanting a girl who just wants him to make her feel small..... go eat a dick. Sorry youre being a b**ch and if youre real, then I hope you get your wish, step on a buried land mine and they have to sew your feet to your knees like Cotton from king of the hill.

JdFOBz3.jpg

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

So, you feel bad that your brother don't suffer or feel the same pain like you, instead of feeling grateful and happy for him because he doesn't have the curse of hair loss ?

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, you feel bad that your brother don't suffer or feel the same pain like you, instead of feeling grateful and happy for him because he doesn't have the curse of hair loss ?

Even though he can be a real pain in the ***, I don't wish he was bald. It just makes me mad that while he's about the height and build I wish I was. He's six feet and average build, tall but not so much that he gets stupid comments like I do about playing football or being a cop or in the military, etc. I'm also jealous because his look will appeal to a wider range of women whereas I often (possibly erroneously) figure I'll only attract trashy types.

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Owww! That is fuckin' brutal.

Most important question here for @The Curse of Dolkite is how are you dealing with this? I think the height factor would be less bothersome if you didn't have to worry about the hair.

The hair loss is definitely the worst part, but when I started losing my hair (at 17), I already resented my size. To me, losing my hair "completed the picture" as far as making me unattractive.

I'm slowly progressing. There was a time when I would "punish" myself for being this way by cutting my arms or even my face. I'd tell myself I was ugly and "ineligible to date" unless I wanted to set the bar really low. Now I try to stop myself when these thoughts rollercoaster because a) I'm not "ugly", b) if I got in shape, I wouldn't have to settle for a dumpy girl, and c) I haven't dated enough to make any pronouncements about what women will or will not date me or what they like about me. I still resent random remarks from people, often strangers, about my size or appearance ("you look like a cop," etc.), but I get less upset about them.

The hardest part is that to get along in this world, you have to at least appear okay with who you are, and that includes how you look. I used to be extremely candid with people, even strangers, about how I hated how I looked. People didn't want to be around me, and I chalked it up to them being selfish and heartless and only wanting to hang out with mindlessly "positive" people. I know now that I was wrong, and that while they may have felt sorry for me, I was irritating to be around and way too needy. I hate the idea that I am supposed to "take pride" in being a big bald guy and act like I don't care if I don't have hair or I'm not as attractive as most guys. However, I am going to have to find a way to see the bright side of this if I want to get anywhere.