Beginner Questions - Hair System With An Active Lifestyle

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
What's up guys. I am about to order my first hair system and could need some help from you who has been wearing one for a while so here are some questions:

1. I workout 3-5 times a week lifting heavy weights, I don't sweat overly much but I still sweat, will I need to refit my system more than once a week? (Will be using a Swiss lace + Ghost bond with a full bond because of health risks)

2. I will order a stocksystem, are they hard to cut in?

3. Is anyone here into bodybuilding or serious strengthtraining/another active lifestyle that wears a hair system? Would like to hear more about your life and how you go about to combine it with your system (your routine).

4. How does it feel wearing one after let's say 4 month when you're more or less likely used to it?

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man I've been wearing for about two months now and I can try answering your questions.
1. I lift heavy about 4-5 times a week and I also do about 20-30 minutes cardio with a fair amount of sweat and I detach and reattach every 2 weeks and have not had an issue. If you're planning on doing the maintenance once per week, you won't have any issues. The only exception being if you have an exposed hairline, you'll probably have to do hairline maintenance every 3 days or so.
2. I don't have any experience with cutting in a unit but I personally would not trust myself to cut in a unit. I have no barber or hairstyling experience so I leave that up to the professionals
3. Nothing has really changed in my life. I still work out normally and have no issues. Detach and reattach every 2 weeks and do hairline maintenance every 3-4 days.
4. You get used to it pretty quick. I barely felt it on my head within a week of getting it put on.

However, I would suggest waiting until everything calms down with the whole Corona virus situation before ordering if you can. It's just made things much harder in terms of being able to order systems and getting cut-ins. If you can, I would hold off wearing until things get a bit more stable.

Also if you're thinking of detaching and reattaching every week, consider using tape on the sides and back and glue on the hairline. It'll make cleanup way easier

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Cratus

I am not a serious weightlifter, but I do some other sweaty sport including mountain biking, so I can maybe give you some initial feedback. Hopefully a weightlifter can add a more focused answer.

1. You should be able to get a week. However, you will need to leave time for the adhesives to cure after you apply your system - say 5 hours or so without heavy sweating, so you will need to work your gym schedule around that.

2. Cutting a stock system down to size is easy, but you will need a template of your bald area as a pattern against which to do the cutting. Making a template single-handed is quite fiddly, and you may need to do it two or three times till you get one you are satisfied with. It's much easier if you have someone to help you, although a lot of guys don't want another person involved in the process, for understandable reasons. If you need some tips for making the template, let me know.

Once you have the template, there are 2 things to remember. First, place the hairline of the template against the hairline of the stock system, and cut the excess base off the other 3 sides. Do not cut away the factory-made hairline of the stock system. Second, when you cut the base, do it with small sharp scissors using short cuts, and clear away the hairs in front of each cut, so that you are cutting the base, but not the hairs.

3. I just mention that quite a few well-known bodybuilders have worn hair systems, including people like Gary Strydom, Boyer Coe, Derek Anthony and Mike O'Hearn.

4. You should by that stage be able to put it on and just forget about it.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your time and answers! They really made me feel confident about the decision about a hair system <3