Before. After. & Oh dear. !!

HairyBelly

Reaction score
Helmet

Hey there English...yeah, I use two helmets...and if the numbered helmet does it's job then helmet numero Uno will be far more happy and sartorially larger more times!

Actually I'm okay in the wimmin dept, thankfully...not sure if it's my ugly ush or the guitar and being on stage...I just can't figure it out ;o)
Actually after packing up all the gear, everyone in a skirt's usually long gone, leaving the "wow, mate, did you ever have a 59' Les Paul..." brigade, fuelled by 18 pints, making trainspotting look positively exciting !..

Dont know what you reckon but Propecia just sounds evil to me. Maybe one day I'll get desperate, but I'm a sceptic and a bit of a cynic anyway cos of the day job, and I would put money on the number of Propecia side effects sufferers being much greater than 2%. And long term effects , I think, will cause a few shocks in a few year's time, when they might kick in.
I do think it's a damn shame to see young kids going bald and losing their self-esteem. At least I've had 20 decent sh*ggin years out of me barnet!
I aslo think it's sad when they get on Propecia and suffer libido effetcst etc...it's not meant ot be like that in your 20s is it?

Anyway, if you fancy a hair/guitar chat...I think I@ll be popping on here a few times for a scan around.
Cheers, Gary Moore's hairdresser.

bubka

Reaction score
Re: Helmet

HairyBelly said:
Dont know what you reckon but Propecia just sounds evil to me. Maybe one day I'll get desperate, but I'm a sceptic and a bit of a cynic anyway cos of the day job, and I would put money on the number of Propecia side effects sufferers being much greater than 2%. And long term effects , I think, will cause a few shocks in a few year's time, when they might kick in.
I do think it's a damn shame to see young kids going bald and losing their self-esteem. At least I've had 20 decent sh*ggin years out of me barnet!
I aslo think it's sad when they get on Propecia and suffer libido effetcst etc...it's not meant ot be like that in your 20s is it?

Anyway, if you fancy a hair/guitar chat...I think I@ll be popping on here a few times for a scan around.
Cheers, Gary Moore's hairdresser.
well its only 3% and 1.5% after a year... thats about the lowest side effect drug that i know of

"evil" hardly

HairyBelly

Reaction score
"evil"...

maybe an overuse of the word...let's call the effects "insidious".
I just dont believe the official % figures...and I dont like the fact that hormones are being unbalanced in the long term. Propecia also seems to have a tapering off after 3 to 5 years, so I wouldnt risk long-term health probs for 5 years of extra hair.
Cheers, HairyBack too.

ps: Out of interest I tried 95 -98% fatty acid saw palmetto for a few days and got very watery j*z after one day...and NO morning glory for 3 days and small willy... after having stonking woods for ages EVERY morning. It wasnt psychosematic cos at the time I didnt know about the watery j*zz effect. I stopped taking it and reckon Propecia may be more of the same for me.
I was actually pretty taken back by the sides.

English

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. F*ck that.... A little intrigued though !, did you check it through a gravity cup ?.. :shock:
I know its early days but what do you think of the laser comb that you have. ?

HairyBelly

Reaction score
Lazer comb

Hey up English...
I've got the amazing lazerbrush with 4 lazer sources in it...
It's too early to tell mate and all I can say is that if give s warm tingly feeling which I believe is circulation in scalp..then add minoxidil and I hope that gives better penetration.
I dont leave it on for 15 mins, and am trying your technique of massaging the head while moving it around a bit.

The problem with my regime is that I'm trying so much at once I dont think I'm going to be able to tell what is doing what.
I do have a feeling that hair on my crown is filling in somewhat, BUT this could be because my hair has grown a bit longer and the shampoo I use (Rjuvx and Nizoral) puffs my hair out, so it is looking thicker anyway because of that. My Temples DEFINITELY have growth of small dark hairs. My hair is very dark brown naturally.

I've also done ad hoc things like slip from the natural blues scale to the dorian..erm I mean add extra saw palmetto to the Revivogen and add Cherry Concentrate (full of melatonin and anthocyanins which are meant to help) to the oil before using the Bx3 helmet.

My diet is pretty good and I take the supplements so dont think I can improve that side of things.

By the way mate, I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS on your success...it's fantastic.
YOu've been asked this question before, but a few monbths on....which do you think has been the most important apart from minoxidil..has the lazercomb done it for you do you think?

Cheers, Steve Vai's Hairextensions.

HairyBelly

Reaction score
Ps.... Saw Palmetto

Listen mate...I have no idea what a gravity cup is but it's gotta be plain wrong!!
I was quite surprised because either people say SP doesnt work or you don't get sides from it...now I didnt use it for long but I KNOW I was getting sides. BUT IT DID IMPROVE MY PEEING, and did have an effect on
my prostate, this I'm sure of.

The type I used was the strongest you can get and maybe my body is just not ready for internal inhibition of DHT.

To me it felt like my nob and me were totally detached - and I had been feeling horny as hell in the months before this. Now, maybe people will think it's mind over matter this...but unless my subconscious mind was telling me not to get morning glories afetr getting them all the time, then..

English

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah Hairy man... minoxidil is definately the main factor, I also believe that waering a cap has been a bonus. and the laser comb too, I did a lot of research before I bought one, and although there is still no clinical proof of its benefits, lots of people had good things to say in its favour. or should that be favor. :wink: I tend to intwine dorian, blues, and minor. for best absorbtion, but must admit hate all that guitar shop speak. mostly it just comes from the heart & soul.
Have never really heard anything about saw palmetto that didn't include the phrase " Prostate treatment". So have not considered it as a benefit in regimen.
Heard that v**** eye drops make you look hard.!
Keep it up mate. .............

HairyBelly

Reaction score
v**** eye drops

old 'uns are th best mate :eek:) keep 'em coming and we'll have you up there with the PRS supporting Stan Boardman.

I think a few people have used internal saw Pal with a few successes...one man swears by it, and I reckon (just an educated guess really) that if it does the test/DHT for prostate then it probablyt does it for hair...it is in Revivogen.

I'm believing more and more since starting my regime that minoxidil absorption has been a big problem for me over the yeasr when using it in avery lazy and unmethodical fashion.

I used to get clumps of dandruff sometimes coming off my head and until I started using Nizoral I'm starting to the think the little minoxidil I put on wasnt even getting through.
Did you get a puffy face and extra wrinkles with the minoxidil...? cos that seems to be happening now...I simply cant afford any MORE wrinkles mate. I'll look like Lemmy.

I know it's not hairloss,maybe for private mail, but what sort of stuff doyou play? originals /covers?
cheers,
Santana's Tache.

English

Established Member
Reaction score
Puffy face, yes in the first six months or so, cant say that I noticed any more wrinkles though, I try not to look to hard, nature helps out when you hit 45 and cant see anything close up, and I only wear glasses for reading, so reflection in mirror is suitably soft focus.

Not playing at the moment, you know been there, seen it, done it.! Miss it at times, not the sh*t that goes with it though. Did mostly original, had deal in 80s, done session, done covers, it's kind of all or nothing for me, in the words of the late great Steve Marriott.. ( worked with him a while before he died ) nice guy.!!!

Reaction score
Hey English

Just wanted to ask - do you not find all those topicals difficult to apply now that you have a full head of hair?

I'm 18 and have just started losing, and was going to begin with finasteride a nizoral, and maybe go onto minoxidil and revivogen after - i just can't imagine applying it with all the hair i have, as i still have a full head of relatively thick hair - and purposes would be for prevention. How do you do it?

English

Established Member
Reaction score
clinicallyhairpressed said:
Hey English

Just wanted to ask - do you not find all those topicals difficult to apply now that you have a full head of hair?

I'm 18 and have just started losing, and was going to begin with finasteride a nizoral, and maybe go onto minoxidil and revivogen after - i just can't imagine applying it with all the hair i have, as i still have a full head of relatively thick hair - and purposes would be for prevention. How do you do it?
No problem really, before I start I comb the hair backwards and just use the applicator through my hair onto the scalp. Make contact with scalp and lightly move it around until it's empty, then gently comb hair forward.
Some is picked up by the hair but enough gets to where you need it.
When you say you are 18 and just started losing your hair and that you have a full head of thick hair, I wonder why you should bother yet. Personally I'd leave it a few years and get on with more important things, you may find in time that hairloss is not the end of the world people look good with or without it. Go have some fun, see the world, meet people, try new experiences, learn new things. don't realise too late that youth is wasted on the young. ! :wink:

Reaction score
Well, I think your right, but i'd still rather do all that with a full head of hair!

It's thinned dramatically over the last few weeks so I'm just going to get on with preventing it. As soon as I start I know that I can just get on with my life because I know that I am doing everything I can to prevent it and I won't have to worry anymore.

When did you start losing hair English? Im sure you realise we've all been my age once, and to lose your hair at my age where no-one around you is going through the same thing its pretty tough. I know I'm going through a stage where I am image conscious and naive, but I feel that we should all be able to feel that just once in our lives, to wake up on a morning and not have to worry about hairloss, and acne, and all that other sh*t. For me that time should be now, but unfortunately I find myself having to help my body along a little bit.

I'm just trying to make the most of what I have, and prolong the time I have it - and hope that by the time I'm your age I have as much hair as you! Once I start treatment, I'm sure it'll just become another part of my daily routine, like brushing your teeth. I won't have to think about it 85% of the time, just like you don't think about how your teeth look all the time.

Ramboner

Reaction score
Yo English, 2 questions:

Question1: any changes in your hair since your last post?

Question2: are you gonna switch to the rogaine Foam?

Sincerely,

RAMBONER

English

Established Member
Reaction score
Ramboner said:
Yo English, 2 questions:

Question1: any changes in your hair since your last post?

Question2: are you gonna switch to the rogaine Foam?

Sincerely,

RAMBONER
Ramboner, still doing fine, no changes, just about to do some research on this foam maybe give it a try, tell me what you know about it. are you using it.?

pmzito, I have listed my regimen, on here a few times, try looking in my other post headed: " need help to post pics". ! :)

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice results. Great to see another musician type on the board, I'd bet there's more of us than we realise. :) I'll be looking out for any updates of yours, good luck. :wink:

English

Established Member
Reaction score
tchehov said:
Nice to see you back, English, those pics are an inspiration.

Cheers mate, I don't seem to get the time these days, but I will stay in touch, when I can. Glad to hear that my success story has given some inspiration to you, that's the reason I wanted to share it on here. 8)

English

Established Member
Reaction score
UK78 said:
Nice results. Great to see another musician type on the board, I'd bet there's more of us than we realise. :) I'll be looking out for any updates of yours, good luck. :wink:

Hi UK78. Yeah there seems to be quite a few musos on here. Wish you luck 2,3,4.... 8)

MrSuccessful

Reaction score
When using the Revivogen scalp therapy do you apply it before or after minoxidil?