Been Using Minoxidil For About 18 Years. Considering Topical Finasteride For The First Time.

Alliteration

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey
41 (and a half!) Year old male .

Been a very long time lurker non poster.
I started losing my hair around 22. Very rapidly. I started on 2% minoxidil which was much harder to get then. And expensive.

Pretty much been on it since and I still have hair. Although very much thinned. Particularly over the last 3 years it's rapidly disappearing. I now shave my head on a zero which makes it tolerable.

I've recently bought MorrF. Just crapping it a bit about the side effects etc. Not started it yet.
Also ordered some topical spironolactone to give that a shot .

For anyone that wants to hear it, just some advice for younger guys and looking for support I guess!

If you're losing your hair and considering minoxidil start now and don't stop!!! It's 30 seconds twice a day. It's very cheap. It works. I've never had any side effects. It's made me a bit light headed occasionally, especially if my hair is wet. It's occasionally gave me the odd palpitation soon after applying. A very small physical price to pay. It's never had any other effect on my life.

You will be just as vain and concerned about your looks and hair when you're older. I absolutely guarantee it. You do have a tendency to care less about what other people think but you'll still want to maintain some of your looks.

Anyway...

This may sound somewhat condescending or patronising, it isn't meant to be. I just know how you feel if you're early 20s and struggling with it.

Peace

Paul

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Paul.

I'm the same age. Luckily I only started losing late 20s. Wasn't too noticeable for a while. The past 5/6 years since 35 I would say it’s got significantly worse and declined faster. I was always reluctant to use minoxidil as I thought it would be a lot of hassle morning and night. I went on finasteride in Feb 2016 and took it for 2 years. It didn’t seem to do too much and I got discouraged. I quit it last January and in desperation I thought I would try minoxidil and see if it had any impact. Otherwise I said to myself I’ll just shave it. I started on the foam but found it wasn’t getting to the scalp so in April I switched to the liquid.

After a while people were saying my hair looked better. To be honest I doubt it could have but it encouraged me to up my game and from about June I got back on finasteride and started derma-rolling in late June. My derma-roller wasn’t great but I have seen a lot of small hairs develop close to the hairline. My hair at times feels thicker and I think looks better. However, the mind plays tricks so it’s hard to tell. I just got a new derma-roller which is much better and I think this will help both absorption and wounding (I have two different needle lengths).

I’m waiting till the end of the year and see where I am then. I feel like I will continue now with my current regimen. I think I will see some results. It’s encouraging to hear from someone who’s used minoxidil long-term and seen results. You’re right about the looks thing. You think when you’re younger that you won’t care but fast-forward and you feel the same inside. It’s not fun watching your looks decline.

Alliteration

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
Really do stick with it. Even if you get minimal regrowth you will at least maintain. Persistence is definitely key!
And totally agree on how you feel inside. It's amazing that as much as you do obviously change there is part of you that doesn't.
Are you still on finasteride now?

I'll update on spironolactone when I get it. Couple of weeks delivery apparently. Never tried it .

Paul

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi
Really do stick with it. Even if you get minimal regrowth you will at least maintain. Persistence is definitely key!
And totally agree on how you feel inside. It's amazing that as much as you do obviously change there is part of you that doesn't.
Are you still on finasteride now?

I'll update on spironolactone when I get it. Couple of weeks delivery apparently. Never tried it .

Paul
Yeah. I'm sticking with my regimen for the foreseeable. I got some good prices by ordering finasteride from India and minoxidil from the US. So the financial outlay is not too bad. That was a factor previously as I didn't want to be forking out lots of cash for something that may not work.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever done derma-rolling/micro-needling?

Alliteration

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you ever done derma-rolling/micro-needling?
No never have. I do have a 0.5mm one in my cupboard from Am@zon which I've never used. Does it need to be longer? I bought it with good intention months ago but a bit of trepidation.. do you do it then apply minoxidil straight away?

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No never have. I do have a 0.5mm one in my cupboard from Am@zon which I've never used. Does it need to be longer? I bought it with good intention months ago but a bit of trepidation.. do you do it then apply minoxidil straight away?
Well, there's a massive thread about it on the forum right now where some people have had good success. That was with wounding once a week/10 days. There are different approaches. I'm following @Somebody 's approach as he had good success. He basically derma-rolled for absorption and then applied minoxidil, yes.

I've also started to derma-roll for wounding once a week. I use 1.5mm for every day use and 2.0mm once a week.

Alliteration

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking for a little help with this company.
I blindly ordered the spironolactone from these guys. https://www.minoxidilmax.com
I know nothing about them and I can't get them to reply. They have taken my money from my credit card. I've not had an email reply from my original order or the multiple attempts at contacting them online. I'm a little concerned that I've been scammed or ripped off and nothing I can do about it!
Anybody any experience or a phone number?
I'm in the UK
Thanks .

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I blindly ordered the spironolactone from these guys. https://www.minoxidilmax.com
I know nothing about them and I can't get them to reply. They have taken my money from my credit card. I've not had an email reply from my original order or the multiple attempts at contacting them online. I'm a little concerned that I've been scammed or ripped off and nothing I can do about it!
I'm in the UK
Thanks .
I haven't ordered from them myself but am pretty sure I've seen others order from them and they were legit.

Alliteration

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cheers mate!
I'll give it a week I guess. Little choice.
I've tried searching for the tablets but they all seem to be either prescription or suspect sites. I'd make my own if I could find them .

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey
41 (and a half!) Year old male .

Been a very long time lurker non poster.
I started losing my hair around 22. Very rapidly. I started on 2% minoxidil which was much harder to get then. And expensive.

Pretty much been on it since and I still have hair. Although very much thinned. Particularly over the last 3 years it's rapidly disappearing. I now shave my head on a zero which makes it tolerable.

I've recently bought MorrF. Just crapping it a bit about the side effects etc. Not started it yet.
Also ordered some topical spironolactone to give that a shot .

For anyone that wants to hear it, just some advice for younger guys and looking for support I guess!

If you're losing your hair and considering minoxidil start now and don't stop!!! It's 30 seconds twice a day. It's very cheap. It works. I've never had any side effects. It's made me a bit light headed occasionally, especially if my hair is wet. It's occasionally gave me the odd palpitation soon after applying. A very small physical price to pay. It's never had any other effect on my life.

You will be just as vain and concerned about your looks and hair when you're older. I absolutely guarantee it. You do have a tendency to care less about what other people think but you'll still want to maintain some of your looks.

Anyway...

This may sound somewhat condescending or patronising, it isn't meant to be. I just know how you feel if you're early 20s and struggling with it.

Peace

Paul
No side effects from minoxidil ? But at times u we're light headed with palpitations that's the reason I had to quit the stuff . My BP went thru the roof. To bad because at 2 percent it regrew some.of.my crown

Alliteration

My Regimen
Reaction score
No side effects from minoxidil ? But at times u we're light headed with palpitations that's the reason I had to quit the stuff . My BP went thru the roof. To bad because at 2 percent it regrew some.of.my crown
Well yeah, those are side effects aren't they! Shame it didn't work for you. What else have you tried?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in the UK
Thanks .
I've ordered from minoxidilmax before, never spironolactone but I received my order. I would say they are legit.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well yeah, those are side effects aren't they! Shame it didn't work for you. What else have you tried?
Tried both finasteride and mioxidmin .both game me sides. Now I am gonna try topical finasteride and see what happens. Wish me.luck

Alliteration

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've ordered from minoxidilmax before, never spironolactone but I received my order. I would say they are legit.
Good to hear! I ordered on the 23rd. Still no email response at all. I'm concerned mainly cause it was nearly £100 for the three spironolactone

Alliteration

My Regimen
Reaction score
For anyone that wants to see ...
Picture of current hair loss. Like I've said been balding since 22 (ish bit hazy now on exactly when!) Only been on Minoxidil that whole time (I used to have wonderfully think hair too ...sigh).
I'm gonna be trying to at least halt this. Preferably try and reclaim some! If not then transplant! Still trying to get the balls up to try finasteride.

Attachments

• IMG_20181201_110838397~2.jpg
    IMG_20181201_110838397~2.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 200

Alliteration

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take back all my moaning about the spironolactone I ordered. It arrived today. And judging by the horrendous smell of this stuff I'm assuming it's all genuine!