Been Off Finasteride For Nearly 2 Months But Still Have Weak Erections

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on finasteride for a period of 9 months roughly (last august to may). The watery semen side effect subsided within 2 weeks of quitting the drug, however I still have persistent weak erections. I can still get it up but it feels like a pencil and looks a bit weaker. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Is there anything I can take to help subside the side or should I just wait it out?

Just another piece of info I missed out was I take RU, I've been on it for 3 months but it's a topical so I don't know if I can get sides from it
Personally i quit finasteride like 7 months ago , and i didnt see any changes for 2-3 weeks , after about 1 month though i started having morning wood everyday etc .
But i dont think you ll go back to 100 % while on zoloft , i am pretty sure these antidipresssants are way riskier than 5ar inhibitors , post - ssri syndrome is usual enough to have been established as a medical term

saurav9

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was nearly recovered 2 weeks ago but I started antidepressants shortly after so now I'm worse than when I was on finasteride.

Yeah with finasteride all I had were weak erection but no problems with orgasms or libido although I should say my libido has been a bit low for a few years before I was on any treatments because of depression but now it's almost non existent. The only plus side is I feel a bit better depression wise and 2 weeks is still early days for antidepressants, normally it can take 2 months for the body to adjust.

I am on no hairloss treatments currently, the only thing I'm on is sertaraline (zoloft)

No I've had depression for a while now and therapy alone isn''t working. Unfortunately I cant get wellbutrin for depression since I'm in the UK.

After PFS symptom , my doctor recommended
Nortriptyline 25mg (antidepressant), so I shouldn't take this pill ?

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After PFS symptom , my doctor recommended
Nortriptyline 25mg (antidepressant), so I shouldn't take this pill ?

My antidepressant is different to that one, the one you listed is a tricyclic one which is older and has more nasty side effects. If your doctor prescribed it to you then you can take it for a while to see how it is.

saurav9

My Regimen
Reaction score
My antidepressant is different to that one, the one you listed is a tricyclic one which is older and has more nasty side effects. If your doctor prescribed it to you then you can take it for a while to see how it is.

I took only one pill till now, it was good. Today I consulted a sexologist (in India), he prescribed me BUPRON XL 150mg. But I am not going to take any antidepressant because u said, it can worse my situation. I will try Yoga, meditation for anxiety. Till now I talked to 3 Doctor, and all are saying, - I will be recover within a month. Today my testestorene lab report came and my levels are : 4.12ng/mL on the scale of 2.49ng/mL-----8.36ng/mL.

Am I on safe side ? Please clear my doubt. Its been only 5 days since I left FINASTERIDE (after taking 40 days). I am really worried after reading lots of negative/scary story on this forum.

Tick-Tock

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been off of finasteride for three months and still can't have sex without taking a pill. Pretty scared at this point.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am at 5 months niw in the same situation. Fun times.

Tick-Tock

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is really terrifying. And it was so sudden. I'd been using finasteride for over five years, and then over the course of a few weeks my thing just stopped working.

Tick-Tock

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm at 18 months off finasteride (fairly low dosage as well), and I still experience slightly watery semen, erections still not at 100% and worst of all weak orgasm.

I've just sort of resigned myself to this now, clearly my prostate has shrunk due to the finasteride and it looks like if I've not recovered by now then these changes will be permanent.
I assume you've been to a doctor at this point?

Sammyort

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you still use Rogaine? Minoxidil can also be causing your problems. If you're on it, drop it immediately. Basically I'd say drop all drugs you're on, they are only going to make you worse in that aspect.

I got a bloated face from 5 years of using Rogaine. Been off it for 2 months now and my face looks better. Never had ED issues while on it, didn't know this was a potential side effect from using minoxidil.

NW1dreams

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm at 18 months off finasteride (fairly low dosage as well), and I still experience slightly watery semen, erections still not at 100% and worst of all weak orgasm.

I've just sort of resigned myself to this now, clearly my prostate has shrunk due to the finasteride and it looks like if I've not recovered by now then these changes will be permanent.

Any other side effects? I'm starting to worry about permanent sexual side effects and I really hope I don't develop anything else later on.

NW1dreams

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, it gave me small but noticeable gyno too unfortunately. I think my short term memory has suffered too, but this could be unrelated to propecia.

Before taking it all I had heard was the weak erections, so the side effects are definitely real. The first time I jizzed after being on propecia I was like wtf, it had the same consistency as piss and about the same amount of feel as it exited my dickhole. Googled watery semen propecia afterwards, and yep saw 1000s of results.

I was taking 0.5mg every other day which I reduced to every third day, and the symptoms remained although slightly lessened. I was also finding small jelly like lumps in my jizz which really worried me. My girl noticed how watery my semen had become and asked me if anything was wrong. Eventually these symptoms lessened but never went away completely. I should really have stopped there and then, but the desperation to keep hair makes you do stupid things.

The gyno came after about 9 months when I ramped it up to 1mg every day. This is when I decided to quit completely, I could jsut about live with the shitty erections and lumpy jizz but gyno was the last straw. Tapered off to 0.5mg eod, and then to every 4th day then once a week thinking all the symptoms would go once I completely went of but of course they didn't completely.

Things are definitely better now 18 months later, but still not 100%. The gyno required 6 months of raloxifene (which is meant for post menopausal women and osteoporosis) to reduce my b**ch tits down to a level where they weren't completely noticeable whenever I wore a t shirt. Surgery is still required to remove them completely. The orgasms, erections and semen quality are greatly improved but not like how they were prior to me ever taking one of those godforsaken pills.

All in all, not something I'd advise anyone to take unless they knew the risks.

That's unfortunate. Have you noticed fat gain in any other areas of the body, or loss of muscle mass?

stevep

My Regimen
Reaction score
The reality is that the worst side effect of using finasteride (my opinion) - weak erections - can also be caused by stress and anxiety. This means we'll never really know how dangerous finasteride is, but it's estimated to be around 3% of guys experience side effects from using finasteride. That's so f'ed up to me. However, the majority of these guys that experienced side effects also had a full recovery (I can't remember the exact figure but there was only a few out of a thousand person study). There's as much chance that your residing problem is from the finasteride as it is from anxiety that it'll never work properly again IMO.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just can't understand how people can be so casual about their sexuality suffering sides for months after quitting. Doesn't waiting for weeks or months to see improvements in one's ability to have erections or the desire to f*** drive one crazy?