Been Off Finasteride For Nearly 2 Months But Still Have Weak Erections

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on finasteride for a period of 9 months roughly (last august to may). The watery semen side effect subsided within 2 weeks of quitting the drug, however I still have persistent weak erections. I can still get it up but it feels like a pencil and looks a bit weaker. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Is there anything I can take to help subside the side or should I just wait it out?

Just another piece of info I missed out was I take RU, I've been on it for 3 months but it's a topical so I don't know if I can get sides from it

Last edited:

MoonlightDancer

My Regimen
Reaction score
It may take longer, like 4-6 months but a very small percentage of people do not get better.

Don't freak out, I'd give you like a 97% chance that it will come back to normal. It's probably due to hormonal imbalance.

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It may take longer, like 4-6 months but a very small percentage of people do not get better.

Don't freak out, I'd give you like a 97% chance that it will come back to normal. It's probably due to hormonal imbalance.

Would it make a difference if I'm still on RU, I don't think much goes systemic if any at all.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on finasteride for a period of 9 months roughly (last august to may). The watery semen side effect subsided within 2 weeks of quitting the drug, however I still have persistent weak erections. I can still get it up but it feels like a pencil and looks a bit weaker. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Is there anything I can take to help subside the side or should I just wait it out?

Just another piece of info I missed out was I take RU, I've been on it for 3 months but it's a topical so I don't know if I can get sides from it
Yes you can get sides from RU. Yes it goes systemic. Taper off for 5 weeks if you plan on stopping

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My advice is take zinc daily, and STOP testing your c*** ! You are forever trying to get it up to see if it's back to normal. Quit trying to get it up for two weeks or longer, needs a break.

saurav9

My Regimen
Reaction score

how are you now?

wrenchcast

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have read about this several months ago. Erectile dysfunction is indeed a side effect of taking Finasteride. It's proven to be due to the hormonal imbalance experienced by the body. So don't freak out because it's normal. Just give it half a year, and everything will be back to normal.

saurav9

My Regimen
Reaction score
My advice is take zinc daily, and STOP testing your c*** ! You are forever trying to get it up to see if it's back to normal. Quit trying to get it up for two weeks or longer, needs a break.
How much zinc and at what time ?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just listen to the Merck employees on here who tell you it's all in your head and that it's a completely safe drug. That should do it. I'm being sarcastic.

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how are you now?

The worst I've been, can barely get it up and really hard to orgasm. I also have a low libido but I'm not on finasteride. I think this is down to being on sertaraline (Zoloft) which is an antidepressant. Been on it for around 2 weeks now.

saurav9

My Regimen
Reaction score
The worst I've been, can barely get it up and really hard to orgasm. I also have a low libido but I'm not on finasteride. I think this is down to being on sertaraline (Zoloft) which is an antidepressant. Been on it for around 2 weeks now.
you still not recovered 100 % ?

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
a friend of mine used to take zoloft for some time , that shits way worse than finasteride for erectile function , he was completely healthy before and could barely have sex while on it

MoonlightDancer

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you still use Rogaine? Minoxidil can also be causing your problems. If you're on it, drop it immediately. Basically I'd say drop all drugs you're on, they are only going to make you worse in that aspect.

Last edited:

fixthis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you still not recovered 100 % ?

I was nearly recovered 2 weeks ago but I started antidepressants shortly after so now I'm worse than when I was on finasteride.

a friend of mine used to take zoloft for some time , that shits way worse than finasteride for erectile function , he was completely healthy before and could barely have sex while on it

Yeah with finasteride all I had were weak erection but no problems with orgasms or libido although I should say my libido has been a bit low for a few years before I was on any treatments because of depression but now it's almost non existent. The only plus side is I feel a bit better depression wise and 2 weeks is still early days for antidepressants, normally it can take 2 months for the body to adjust.

Do you still use Rogaine? Minoxidil can also be causing your problems. If you're on it, drop it immediately. Basically I'd say drop all drugs you're on, they are only going to make you worse in that aspect.

I am on no hairloss treatments currently, the only thing I'm on is sertaraline (zoloft)

Is the antidepressant due to the finasteride problems in the first place? If not and you do have depression, get on Wellbutrin. Other than that, you need to adopt CDNuts Protocol:
http://www.swolesource.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Do it.

No I've had depression for a while now and therapy alone isn''t working. Unfortunately I cant get wellbutrin for depression since I'm in the UK.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was nearly recovered 2 weeks ago but I started antidepressants shortly after so now I'm worse than when I was on finasteride.

Yeah with finasteride all I had were weak erection but no problems with orgasms or libido although I should say my libido has been a bit low for a few years before I was on any treatments because of depression but now it's almost non existent. The only plus side is I feel a bit better depression wise and 2 weeks is still early days for antidepressants, normally it can take 2 months for the body to adjust.

I am on no hairloss treatments currently, the only thing I'm on is sertaraline (zoloft)

No I've had depression for a while now and therapy alone isn''t working. Unfortunately I cant get wellbutrin for depression since I'm in the UK.
Yeah therapy is a joke. No amount of talking is going to change a chemical imbalance in your brain. Can you get
https://www.google.com/search?q=vii...2.69i57j0l5.2468j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8