Bdd Triggered By Hair Loss - Looking For A Motivation Group

nir7699

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi.
i have BDD, and i discovered it when my hair loss (which started 7 years ago) triggered a massive regression in my self esteem, and got it to a bad OCD level. I'm trying to find friends who understand and empathize with that.
I currently suffer from Seborrheic Dermatitis in the scalp, and this is due to emotional compensation eating, because this covid-19 had me socially isolated and there are days of loneliness and desperation and i eat food induced with oil or sugar or both..
I take Dutasteride + Spironolactone and it helps (when there's no seborrhea crisis). just had my chest reshaped due to the Gynecomastia side effect.
However this seborrhea kills the follicles like hell, no matter what i do. I wish i had someone to pull me out whenever i get to these emotional places so that I won't get to compensation eating with a chain reaction effect.

PLEASE SUPPRESS COMMENTS SUCH AS 'GO TO A THERAPIST' , I had enough of these therapy. just need supportive people that goes through similar issues. we can motivate each other and prevent self destructive behavior.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
hi.
i have BDD, and i discovered it when my hair loss (which started 7 years ago) triggered a massive regression in my self esteem, and got it to a bad OCD level. I'm trying to find friends who understand and empathize with that.
I currently suffer from Seborrheic Dermatitis in the scalp, and this is due to emotional compensation eating, because this covid-19 had me socially isolated and there are days of loneliness and desperation and i eat food induced with oil or sugar or both..
I take Dutasteride + Spironolactone and it helps (when there's no seborrhea crisis). just had my chest reshaped due to the Gynecomastia side effect.
However this seborrhea kills the follicles like hell, no matter what i do. I wish i had someone to pull me out whenever i get to these emotional places so that I won't get to compensation eating with a chain reaction effect.

PLEASE SUPPRESS COMMENTS SUCH AS 'GO TO A THERAPIST' , I had enough of these therapy. just need supportive people that goes through similar issues. we can motivate each other and prevent self destructive behavior.
Just to know you are not alone. I totally understand your thought process. However, since Covid-19, I think alot less about my hair and more about a possible global economic collapse that could increase suicide, crime, chaos, violence and murder. That drives me to eat fast food induced with salt, sugar, and fat which is a great dopamine stimulator.

nir7699

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to know you are not alone. I totally understand your thought process. However, since Covid-19, I think alot less about my hair and more about a possible global economic collapse that could increase suicide, crime, chaos, violence and murder. That drives me to eat fast food induced with salt, sugar, and fat which is a great dopamine stimulator.

Thank you.

Kamigami

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi.

Hi, I also have BDD induced by hairloss, as well as sebborehic dermatitis:confused: Really struggling with it .
If you want to talk about it shoot me a message

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi.

do you use any topicals for seborrhea? does it not help the condition?

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same exact thing here man. Blows dick, but it is what it is. I believe that if all these celebrities that suffer the same thing and eventually get to the other side (John Travolta) along with people that used these forums 10+ years ago and now don’t post (because they got over it)... we will eventually too.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol for comparing yourself with these people. John Travolta, I can't even
Because John Travolta is the only bald celebrity that has ever embraced baldness. Yea right, lmao. Sorry I didnt list 300 other celebrities in a hairloss post. Get over yourself, you’re not the only midget that doesnt have hair, go wish on someone’s downfall, ya fkn weirdo.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because John Travolta is the only bald celebrity that has ever embraced baldness. Yea right, lmao. Sorry I didnt list 300 other celebrities in a hairloss post. Get over yourself, you’re not the only midget that doesnt have hair, go wish on someone’s downfall, ya fkn weirdo.

Lmfao, well said brother, preach don't let them censor you or drag you into their misery and self continuous pity hole, my man

nir7699

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I appreciate the sharing, your words comfort. Thank you all.
These days the scalp is less inflamed, and the shedding stopped for now. But I lost a lot and it shows.

Haironnu: I learned it the hard way that the more i mess with the scalp the more it gets inflamed. The only treatment it gets now is shampooing with Ketoconazole (Nizoral) once a week (i used to shampoo every day with Avalon biotin shampoo, but i had to stop because any touch would worse the inflammation).

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I appreciate the sharing, your words comfort. Thank you all.
These days the scalp is less inflamed, and the shedding stopped for now. But I lost a lot and it shows.

Haironnu: I learned it the hard way that the more i mess with the scalp the more it gets inflamed. The only treatment it gets now is shampooing with Ketoconazole (Nizoral) once a week (i used to shampoo every day with Avalon biotin shampoo, but i had to stop because any touch would worse the inflammation).

So in your experience using products that should help the scalp actually made it worse? that's weird

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
have you ever considered shaving all of it? if you dont like it all you can always regrow it to the way it was before. but often the fear is bigger then the actuall thing

i mean what is the worst possible thing regarding being bald? you are sexually less visible to women. thats about it. maybe you get a few comments from other people. thats mean but really not the end of the world.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
have you ever considered shaving all of it? if you dont like it all you can always regrow it to the way it was before. but often the fear is bigger then the actuall thing

i mean what is the worst possible thing regarding being bald? you are sexually less visible to women. thats about it. maybe you get a few comments from other people. thats mean but really not the end of the world.
Shaving it all off as a white guy is bad in these current times

Post Malone just did it (even though he has NW1 with no balding) and I kept seeing people online commenting on how he looks like a racist

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shaving it all off as a white guy is bad in these current times

Post Malone just did it (even though he has NW1 with no balding) and I kept seeing people online commenting on how he looks like a racist

Lol, let's be serious, people are just dumb, especially on the internet, you should never take internet comments for granted

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, let's be serious, people are just dumb, especially on the internet, you should never take internet comments for granted
Yeah but dumb people from the Internet exist in real life too, and if you're pale like me you could be mistaken for a skinhead with a shaved head.

I think that in most cases growing out the top a bit and just leaving it short then buzzing the sides and back would be a better option than shaving it all off.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but dumb people from the Internet exist in real life too. I think that in most cases growing out the top a bit and just leaving it short then buzzing the sides and back might be a better option than shaving it all off.

Yeah it's true, they are real people who also do that in real life also, but the most don't, they just do it on the internet because of anonymity, and even so who tf cares, if you would care of everybody's opinion you would end up dead by the next day. Regarding the hairstyle it depends on each individual, for some it's just better to shave it off and some do it earlier to get used to it even if they could still rock a buzzcut or something similar, but yeah, it depends

nir7699

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm suffering from another peak of depression. hair got worse. It's both self image and sexual frustration - the Aldactone pills don't work as good as they used to. i really wish my life to end.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kids these days think everything is BDD. BDD is when you obsess over an imaginary or minor flaw. Serious hair loss is a real and major flaw. What you have is not BDD, it's depression brought on by a real issue. You are going to have to learn how to deal with it.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kids these days think everything is BDD. BDD is when you obsess over an imaginary or minor flaw. Serious hair loss is a real and major flaw. What you have is not BDD, it's depression brought on by a real issue. You are going to have to learn how to deal with it.
Nah if he takes trans drugs then it's more than just hair loss. He's talking about suicide. Dude is sick and is in urgent need of help.