BBC news story about propecia?

cuebald

Reaction score
I wonder how many of these people with ED are getting a bit old and flabby anyway?

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
I wonder how many of these people with ED are getting a bit old and flabby anyway?

I was in complete denial thinking that the side effects were overrated but this opinion of mine took a complete 180 once I began to experience them.Now I believe the side effects are genuine and people can be affected by it for long term.

Its a shame finasteride is the best option we have to save our hair and we could potentially experience some really nasty sides just for wanting better hair.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
I've read that certain steroids, like Deca for instance, is traceable in serum for up to 18 months after use. This means that it's able to cause suppression, which in some cases leads to secondary hypogonadism. This leaves them with TRT as the only option.

While trace amounts may show up on drug tests 18 months later there is no way that small amount is suppressing anyone's HPTA a year and a half later.

If anyone is blaming Nandrolone 18 months later it's more liklley the fact they were on steroids for a long time at high doses without a break

Ende

Reaction score
HT55 said:
Enden said:
I've read that certain steroids, like Deca for instance, is traceable in serum for up to 18 months after use. This means that it's able to cause suppression, which in some cases leads to secondary hypogonadism. This leaves them with TRT as the only option.

While trace amounts may show up on drug tests 18 months later there is no way that small amount is suppressing anyone's HPTA a year and a half later.

If anyone is blaming Nandrolone 18 months later it's more liklley the fact they were on steroids for a long time at high doses without a break
A lot of people are having trouble after using Deca. If nandrolone is traceable in serum, it probably means that it's able to suppress your testosterone production too. If I'm wrong about this, hormonal imbalance caused during the cycle, is the problem.

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
cuebald said:

I was in complete denial thinking that the side effects were overrated but this opinion of mine took a complete 180 once I began to experience them.Now I believe the side effects are genuine and people can be affected by it for long term.

Its a shame finasteride is the best option we have to save our hair and we could potentially experience some really nasty sides just for wanting better hair.

My experience exactly!

Mens Rea

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
My experience exactly!

I didn't even read the packet. I started experiencing sides off of finasteride after taking my 2nd tablet, only then did I look into the side effects so it certainly wasn't psychosomatic for me![/quote]

Yeah ppl that talk about them being psychological really irritate me

I took the tablet for over a year. I ignored my lowered libido!!

It's not that i didn't believe the guys on propeciahelp, I just didn't care in the sense that i thought id be okay.

If anyone could have beaten sides via ignoring them it would have been me!!

Ende

Reaction score
Just punch them in the face by telling them that it's a physical problem if you don't get morning erections. I noticed changes after only a couple of pills too.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
HT55 said:
Enden said:

A lot of people are having trouble after using Deca. If nandrolone is traceable in serum, it probably means that it's able to suppress your testosterone production too. If I'm wrong about this, hormonal imbalance caused during the cycle, is the problem.

The trace amount is not effecting your HPTA, you need 100 mg of Test a week to shut down your HPTA and maybe even more.

I'm not sure the exact dosage of Deca it would take to alter your HPTA to a point of shutdown as only an idiot would use Deca alone

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Colin297 said:
Enden said:
He was immediately given TRT without any monitoring, and was offered a penile implant 6 months later, when he complained about TRT being ineffective... That Doctor should have his license revoked! It's good that some people are drawing attention to the problem, but this situation is just getting worse. That Dr. Shippen is the only professional who seems to know anything about what's actually going on, is frightening.

Merck should be ruined with law suits.

Enden I thought the same thing

Well i thought to myself is "the biggest tragedy is that even the docs mishandled him". I could have helped that guy more. I hope he finds the right sources soon if not already.

But thats not fair Re: Shippin

Dr Jacobs
Dr Goldstein
Dr Crisler
Dr Shippin
Dr Irwig

and maybe 3 or 4 others are all relatively in the know. My endo and many others are actively reading on the subject.

Are any of these doctors based in the UK? And if so can you give me a means of contacting one please?

BitchBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
When I first started taking finasteride I was like "******** please, I'm f*****g invincible", now i have lame duck hard ons and nothing comes out when i actually manage to get off.

Life's sh*t like that tho.

garrynw4

Reaction score
Abit Random,

what do I tell my GP about getting bloods done, in the UK?what should they be looking for as a benchmark

Been on finasteride 1mg for 2months now, Still losing hair....slightly less than before

As for side effects...none at present, I am scared to death here honestly.

when I used minoxidil I notice dry scalp flaking side effects next day so I stopped it.....

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
When you are here long enough you get the option so many times to say I told you so but you have to keep your mouth closed.

Nothing fucks me off more than when someone tells me the sides are in my head. It's the ultimate disempowerment, it really gets me. Then 3 months or less to 2 years down the line that person starts asking questions about how to recover and I feel really sorry for them and can totally understand and all my anger towards them melts away as if it never existed.

I can totally relate to that... even the really pro-finasteride posters in this forum can't honestly believe that finasteride is the "perfect" solution" to their hairloss...

Telling us that sides are pyschosomatic or just "in our heads" is simply a way for Finasteride users to feel better about themselves and the big lifetime decision that they've made.

garrynw4

Reaction score
Primo said:
monty1978 said:
When you are here long enough you get the option so many times to say I told you so but you have to keep your mouth closed.

Nothing fucks me off more than when someone tells me the sides are in my head. It's the ultimate disempowerment, it really gets me. Then 3 months or less to 2 years down the line that person starts asking questions about how to recover and I feel really sorry for them and can totally understand and all my anger towards them melts away as if it never existed.

I can totally relate to that... even the really pro-finasteride posters in this forum can't honestly believe that finasteride is the "perfect" solution" to their hairloss...

Telling us that sides are pyschosomatic or just "in our heads" is simply a way for Finasteride users to feel better about themselves and the big lifetime decision that they've made.

oh and I am taking more loo breaks as well? very Odd!

Ende

Reaction score
I've experienced that, but not anymore. It may have something to do with muscle atrophy.

CCS

Reaction score
Link? Cliffs? Nice headline, but why no statements about what they said?