Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Or just don't make stuff up simply because it's what you want to happen?

This potential treatment deserved about 15 minutes of attention until more information became available

It's interesting, but not that interesting
Maybe you just don't understand the relevance of the prolactin receptor to Androgenetic Alopecia

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you think that the most promising pre-clinical work done for hairloss in 30+ years that subsequently already passed phase 1 human trials and received a massive investment for rapid development deserves 15 minutes of attention on a forum wing titled "New Research, Studies & Technologies"? On top of it all, it involves a new target that is completely different then anything else being researched. 15 minutes?

If you want to go discuss finasteride or minoxidil, there are sections of this forum that are sectioned off for you to do so. Go there, and stop annoying people who want to follow and discuss new potential treatments. If you actually think it's not that interesting then you truly are a moron who just wants to play devils advocate to every thought that your own brain didn't produce.
Best post on the forum

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao yes there's actually a respectable number of us on 120+ mg a day orally now, that guy is talking sh*t, and a handful still on topical. It's been nearly two months since we got our hands on it so hopefully some will have something to report but it's rather quiet. Most people who ordered are just lurkers and have no intention of sharing results, if any
The intention is to share results 6 months after I started it. The reason for not sharing results earlier is that it's not meaningful. It's the difference between being involved and committed.. If it works, everyone should know about it. We are in the same crap bucket with this decease.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Best post on the forum
I agree. But I doubt this will shut the guy's mouth. He seems to on a personal vendetta to reply to all your posts and so obsess to destroy any signs related to hair treatment and cure. I think he is a sad little man. He is certainly the most hated guy on the forum to date. Let's have pity on him.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao yes there's actually a respectable number of us on 120+ mg a day orally now, that guy is talking sh*t, and a handful still on topical. It's been nearly two months since we got our hands on it so hopefully some will have something to report but it's rather quiet. Most people who ordered are just lurkers and have no intention of sharing results, if any
This is what people should be focusing on instead of wringing their hands over whether HMI has entered phase x in country y. When HMI hits the market is out of your control (and may be out of your price range when it does), figuring out whether SMI can be made to work and at what dose is in our power to do right now.

But we need to get people to commit to sharing their treatment protocol and the outcome, whatever it is, whether zero or regrowth. We need to figure out what dose works and for that we need a lot of people committed to sharing info.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
As I wrote before, people who are putting their money and risking their health on are part of a community. There is no point sharing progress with lurkers till there are real results. Hair cycle is 6 months and the results will come out as soon as we can demonstrate that it works.

I ran group buys before where I let lurkers post on the servers. It's total mayhem when you have lurkers like @hmmmmmmmm detracting the motivation of folks who are trying the drug or people who just post pics of their cat or their dick. Why is it happening? I dunno but this is not a very healthy environment to run a test.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a question regarding Phase II trials:

Would it be possible as an European to participate in the Phase II trials in the US? For example you Are working 1-2 years in USA and you apply For the trial? Or will they only Offer the trials For American citizens?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
the association between prolactin and androgenic alopecia is itself weak

Not trying to be too mean about how crackpot this all looks, but SMI (and UC) aren't really a credible approach given what's known...

That's the scientific context that keeps getting obfuscated by emotional responses
Please show your work, otherwise I'm adding you to the ignore list.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
@trialAcc - look at my comment above and the email below

You can see that you're basically asking me to cite that the sky is blue, while at the same time giving all the outlandish claims here a free pass:
View attachment 174276
You basically just just posted an email of a professor saying that he want's no part of this experiment and to leave him alone to avoid liability. You think this is a credible example of anything at all? He's literally saying it point blank, "this has never been tested on humans, good luck". You're kind of proving my point here dude, you don't have a clue.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is an email exchange between a world leading expert on prolactin and the organizers of the group buy, on this topic.

It says almost verbatim what my comment does about the weak scientific link here

@pegasus2 or @John Difool (or many others who've seen it) can confirm the truth of that

edit: anonymized and posted it
She's a world leading expert on the relationship between prolactin signalling and breast cancer, and only that. It would be WILDLY irresponsible of her to make any comment on its effect on hair growth when she hasn't looked at or been remotely interested in the relationship between hair and prolactin, and that's the end of it.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The macaques study should have added a control group since we all know how animals tend to respond so much better than humans in these kind of experiments.

It wouldn’t surprise me if old minoxidil has achieved the same results on those bald monkeys.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You can see that you're basically asking me to cite that the sky is blue, while at the same time giving all the outlandish claims here a free pass:
View attachment 174276
So we have someone that knows more about prolactin than anyone in this forum (obviously) saying that the link of it with alopecia is weak and controversial. Interesting.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The macaques study should have added a control group since we all know how animals tend to respond so much better than humans in these kind of experiments.

It wouldn’t surprise me if old minoxidil has achieved the same results on those bald monkeys.
If anything minoxidil works better in humans. The data is in this thread. I hope this is the last time I have to say this, but macaques are boring like mice, they are more like humans.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So we have someone that knows more about prolactin than anyone in this forum (obviously) saying that the link of it with alopecia is weak and controversial. Interesting.
See the post right before yours. She doesn't know anything about hair loss.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should go tell that to the scientists at Bayer, HMI and the multiple biotech private equity funds that spun up a company and proceeded to invest 56 mil into it's immediate development. They seem to have made a fatal mistake with their investment, time and overall career & life choices, and thanks to the quality & educated posters of hairlosstalk.com and one breast cancer researcher who was trying to avoid a liability lawsuit they can put an end to this madness.

While you're at at you should probably go tell the monkeys that are no longer bald that the connection between their androgen related hairloss and the drug that reversed & sustained it for years it is weak and controversial! I'm sure they would want to know as well.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You realise someone with a PhD is only an expert in something incredibly niche right? As in not just prolactin niche, but as niche as one fraction of the reactions that happen when prolactin interacts with one type of cancer cell niche. They can spend 4 years on that sh*t so there's no such thing as a "prolactin expert".

What she based her assessment on was a quick google scholar search just like anyone would have.

OnlyTruths

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a plausible explanation of why trans women get such impressive regrowth despite the fact their HRT regimens should in theory RAISE prolactin? I know systemic levels are different from scalp levels and HFs produce their own prolactin (which is why systemic suppression likely isn't sufficient to promote regrowth). But regardless of the differences of scalp vs systemic levels, the typical MTF regimen shouldn't be decreasing PRLR signaling in any meaningful way.

I'm hopeful of HMI-115 but this seems like a glaring hole in the theory unless HRT just has zero meaningful effect on scalp PRLR signaling while also acting on an entirely separate set of pathways, which given the close relationship estrogen shares with prolactin I find hard to invest much blind faith in

Janko

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 174276
The prof can be expert on prolactin, but the thing is - no one in the scientific field is exactly sure about the cause of male pattern baldness. If they would be, we would already have something to cure it. What the prof states is, that he does not see the link and that SMI is not tested on humans, so basically cant exactly say if it will work as on paper.
So case not closed at all. Just because we dont know the link, doesnt mean it does not exist. And the macaques are not mice. As Pegasus already stated several times, they are really close to us. Chances of this working are good. The obstacles regarding stability and production are another thing. We might end up finding it works, but the costs are too high and therefore they would do more studies and experiments to make a better solution.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
If there were a correlation between high prolactin level produced by the pituitary gland and hair loss then dopamine which restrains the production of prolactin would work for hair loss. However, it doesn't.

-specter-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the time being, HRT and HMI-115 on monkeys have shown the best results.
It is possible that prolactin is no longer a big obstacle in those who undertake the HRT path because it somehow modifies the affinity of the receptors that remain susceptible to DHT alone.

In theory DHT shouldn't be bad for the body, there has to be a cascade of events that make it the enemy of that hair.
Maybe the body is stupid and believes that the lack of hair is Chad? Or is it, as I think, an imbalance of some kind?