Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, they raised 60 million, as in they were literally handed a cheque/wire/whatever for operations in exchange for a percentage of ownership of their company. Milestones would be applicable to partnership or licensing agreements like the one they have with Bayer.
Let’s hope so

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Bayer developed the drug for endo. They tested it in mice and found out accidentally that it grew hair. Rui-Ping Xiao was working with Bayer and convinced them to let her try it on her monkeys for hair loss. They agreed, and after it successfully grew hair in the monkeys she founded HMI to purchase the rights to market the drug. Bayer was only interested in endo and breast cancer because they are focused on treating women's health issues, but HMI was more interested in Androgenetic Alopecia because that's where the drug showed the most promise.

Now after 2021 comes to an end we can summarize that HopeMedicine failed terribly in their plans to do clinical trials for HMI-115 against Androgenetic Alopecia. They claimed last year that the pandemic wouldnt have dramatic effects on their timeline and that they are on track to start clinical trials in europe, australia an USA against hair loss.

They received a big investment in May 2021 (60 Mio. $). They changed CEO Rui-Ping to Henri Nico Doods.

Unfortunately we are now aware that HopeMedicine prefers the Endometriosis treatment over the alopecia treatment.
They weren't able to start their alopecia trial. I know some members here will say that HopeMedicine has no influence on the timelines of the FDA or the COVID-situation BUT I am convinced that HopeMedicine should be experienced enough to think about the risks of their timeline in respect to FDA-approval and then shouldnt make claims that they would start the trials in summer 2021...

It is questionable whether Hopemedicine starts in 2022 with the alopecia trial or is now focused in finishing the endometriosis trial which will take until end of 2023. Maybe they want to check up this risk profile before starting the alopecia trial :(

After all this encouraging discussion in this thread regarding HMI-115 and its very exciting results (monkey pictures) it let me down to an huge dissapointment and a very bad year for hairloss industry 2021...

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now after 2021 comes to an end we can summarize that HopeMedicine failed terribly in their plans to do clinical trials for HMI-115 against Androgenetic Alopecia. They claimed last year that the pandemic wouldnt have dramatic effects on their timeline and that they are on track to start clinical trials in europe, australia an USA against hair loss.

They received a big investment in May 2021 (60 Mio. $). They changed CEO Rui-Ping to Henri Nico Doods.

Unfortunately we are now aware that HopeMedicine prefers the Endometriosis treatment over the alopecia treatment.
They weren't able to start their alopecia trial. I know some members here will say that HopeMedicine has no influence on the timelines of the FDA or the COVID-situation BUT I am convinced that HopeMedicine should be experienced enough to think about the risks of their timeline in respect to FDA-approval and then shouldnt make claims that they would start the trials in summer 2021...

It is questionable whether Hopemedicine starts in 2022 with the alopecia trial or is now focused in finishing the endometriosis trial which will take until end of 2023. Maybe they want to check up this risk profile before starting the alopecia trial :(

After all this encouraging discussion in this thread regarding HMI-115 and its very exciting results (monkey pictures) it let me down to an huge dissapointment and a very bad year for hairloss industry 2021...
Dude even if the hair treatment was an instant cure they’d still go for endometriosis first. No insurance company is paying anyone a dime for a hairloss treatment and with the price of antibody treatments privately not a huge amount of people are paying that price. The application to hairloss will come but it won’t ever be prioritised when there’s no certainty of recouping investment quickly.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

You have a weird definition of failed terribly. They applied for both trials. The endo trial got approved already, the hair loss trial could get approved any day. Chill out. Being behind a few months in the biotech world is actually a success not a "terrible failure".

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have a weird definition of failed terribly. They applied for both trials. The endo trial got approved already, the hair loss trial could get approved any day. Chill out. Being behind a few months in the biotech world is actually a success not a "terrible failure".
You're feeding the trolls right now, why bother? It's clear that the person you are responding to doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we know for a fact that they applied for both trials and not just for endometriosis?

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

We shouldn't be waiting with baited breath for HMI. Even if they hit all the checkpoints according to schedule (and there can always be delays), access to the actual antibody will still be far away in time and, likely, expensive. Better to focus on experimenting with SMI.

Maybe you can get the same effect or similar to what the monkeys got RIGHT NOW with the right dose and frequency of application of SMI.

Furthermore, the antibody may be so pricey once it is out that people might still want to turn to SMI - better to start getting the necessary experimentation done now.

fashy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure almost everyone has given up on SMI tbh. Don't see it becoming a viable alternative when no one wants to experiment with it anymore.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
invest in cryonics, we wont have cure in our lifetime, it is too complicated

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure almost everyone has given up on SMI tbh. Don't see it becoming a viable alternative when no one wants to experiment with it anymore.
Aren't the Discord guys still using SMI? I thought there was a new group buy recently.

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm struck by how all these "cure" threads over the years look the same - wild speculation and optimism from limited or questionable information

I can't imagine getting fooled for literally years on end by press releases and patent claims and not becoming at least a little more conservative in my statements, if only to maintain a shred of credibility View attachment 174180
HMI has results that are far better than anything that isn't cloning, is being trialed for another, insurance-covered indication and is backed by a big pharma company, that can easily get a drug to market within 5-6 years. Based on this concrete information, we can make reasonable speculations.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm struck by how all these "cure" threads over the years look the same - wild speculation and optimism from limited or questionable information

I can't imagine getting fooled for literally years on end by press releases and patent claims and not becoming at least a little more conservative in my statements, if only to maintain a shred of credibility View attachment 174180
You're obsessed with me

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
invest in cryonics, we wont have cure in our lifetime, it is too complicated
Of course we will, but timelines are uncertain, and delays are normal. RIKEN's hair cloning project got thrown off by covid causing their partner to go bankrupt. They still have a working cure, and they will get it into human trials at some point. HMI-115 could very well cure hair loss, but only time will tell. Whether it's a more effective treatment or a cute, it is likely that it will make it to market. We are also getting closer to figuring out what causes hair loss, and there are drugs being developed now that can target these mechanisms. It is highly likely that Androgenetic Alopecia will be effectively cured in the coming decade. Access to it may take longer, but if HMI is the cure then 2025 is not unrealistic

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mann fell into the crowd of overthinking it, being a hypochondriac, and delaying treatment until he needed hair transplants.

He would have fit really well into this thread of trying to read the tea leaves and figuring out when the "real" cure was coming out
The one person who doesn't fit in here at all is you and that doesn't stop you from posting the same salad everyday.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aren't the Discord guys still using SMI? I thought there was a new group buy recently.
Lmao yes there's actually a respectable number of us on 120+ mg a day orally now, that guy is talking sh*t, and a handful still on topical. It's been nearly two months since we got our hands on it so hopefully some will have something to report but it's rather quiet. Most people who ordered are just lurkers and have no intention of sharing results, if any

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Or just don't make stuff up simply because it's what you want to happen?

This potential treatment deserved about 15 minutes of attention until more information became available

It's interesting, but not that interesting
So you think that the most promising pre-clinical work done for hairloss in 30+ years that subsequently already passed phase 1 human trials and received a massive investment for rapid development deserves 15 minutes of attention on a forum wing titled "New Research, Studies & Technologies"? On top of it all, it involves a new target that is completely different then anything else being researched. 15 minutes?

If you want to go discuss finasteride or minoxidil, there are sections of this forum that are sectioned off for you to do so. Go there, and stop annoying people who want to follow and discuss new potential treatments. If you actually think it's not that interesting then you truly are a moron who just wants to play devils advocate to every thought that your own brain didn't produce.