Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 months is proven safe in humans. It only takes 6 months for it to reverse hair loss to a very significant degree. How likely is it those extra 3 months will turn out to be unsafe? Almost zero when you consider it appears to be safe in non-human primates for 6 months.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 months is proven safe in humans. It only takes 6 months for it to reverse hair loss to a very significant degree. How likely is it those extra 3 months will turn out to be unsafe? Almost zero when you consider it appears to be safe in non-human primates for 6 months.
How likely is that after 3 months of treatment Maybe 1-2years later it will Show cancer or other side effects?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
How likely is that after 3 months of treatment Maybe 1-2years later it will Show cancer or other side effects?
Considering the drug is being developed to treat cancer I'd say that's not likely.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
@John Difool thought I'd answer your simple question here:View attachment 172853
View attachment 172869

Yes - a control group of monkeys would have been really helpful. It's not because the goal is to trick some animals

You get some monkeys, randomize them into treatment/no treatment groups, and blind the humans so the results aren't tainted by any bias on the part of the researchers. This is called single blinding

In this case, that would likely (but not necessarily) mean giving placebo injections to the control group monkeys (so the humans don't figure out which of them are on the real treatment). This makes it double blinded

The point of all this is to control for things like food, temperature, lighting, human interactions, prior living conditions, selection bias on the part of humans, etc. - the possible sources of bias here would be a gigantic list

Then at the end the study (which now has high internal validity) you'd be able to show a statistical cause-effect relationship by comparing the untreated monkeys to the treated ones, and also establish effect size. And then finally results can be generalized to humans (this is called external validity)
Do you feel smart now?

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering the drug is being developed to treat cancer I'd say that's not likely.
Thats good.
But @pegasus2 wasnt you the guy who Said months ago that For you this 3 months human Test wouldnt be enough? Would you participate in the Phase II trials or would it be to risky For you?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats good.
But @pegasus2 wasnt you the guy who Said months ago that For you this 3 months human Test wouldnt be enough? Would you participate in the Phase II trials or would it be to risky For you?
I would pay thousands of dollars to be in the trial.

surfer9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
phase 2 not officially started yet? or could it have, but they not mentioned it?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
if the value of proper study controls can be openly mocked, then I view it as an opportunity to go over some of the basics of the scientific method

these exchanges matter more for 3rd parties reading them - I know I probably can't convince you of the importance of tools like peer review

the killer is that I think there's a decent chance HMI-115 works to some degree in humans, and maybe even works really well...
but that it's prudent to see if this works at least once in humans before cancelling my hair transplant procedure
I told you to stop quoting me. You say the same stuff over and over. I'm tired of this harassment every time I post. Perhaps I need to get the law involved

Johnson40

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I told you to stop quoting me. You say the same stuff over and over. I'm tired of this harassment every time I post. Perhaps I need to get the law involved
Lmao, send a SWAT team this guy is being quoted on a hairloss forum

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

surfer9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if the value of proper study controls can be openly mocked, then I view it as an opportunity to go over some of the basics of the scientific method

these exchanges matter more for 3rd parties reading them - I know I probably can't convince you of the importance of tools like peer review

the killer is that I think there's a decent chance HMI-115 works to some degree in humans, and maybe even works really well...
but that it's prudent to see if this works at least once in humans before cancelling my hair transplant procedure

If you only need 1 hair transplant procedure then I'd just get that done instead of cancelling and hoping on something else that maybe at best is coming in 2024.

But for me hair transplant is not an option. If it was I'd go get it done now.