Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

wislow9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take some orally in the morning and then I apply it topically at night covering my entire scalp. I expect to see positive results at 2-3 months. There should be others showing improvement before me. Today is only my 4th day, others are over 2-3 weeks.
I read that you had stopped using most of the products of your regime started in august
Are you currently with something more than SMI ¿?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read that you had stopped using most of the products of your regime started in august
Are you currently with something more than SMI ¿?
I'm just doing SMI KY RU and WAY-316606. It will be easy to tell if the SMI and KY are working

Dontworryabtit

My Regimen
Reaction score
From just a few studies I have read currently (not that this topic would be given enough focus in the past) I understand, that men with low prolactin usually have a really high testosterone. That would explain, why you can have a high test chad full of DHT with perfect hairline, but a "incel" type of guy with bald head and low dht. If the prolactin is to blame, than it would even explain the increase of balding at young age. I read in some study, that they suppose that hormones in drinking water from birth control pills and/or microplastics are to blame for high prolactin levels in young men. Does anyone here tried Bromokriptin?
That would make sense. We know from environmental groups that wastewater treatment facilities can't filter out those particles due to their size. And when you consider the process of bioaccumulation, it's entirely possible that eating certain seafood as well could inversely raise someone's exposure to those hormones and microplastics. God, Alex Jones would have a field day with this...

Reaction score
I would love an invite to the discord group to! Would definitely be interested in trying this out next time its available, if that is an option!

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[ ... ] Does anyone here tried Bromokriptin?
I don't, but I was curious and I came across these two studies:

Increased hair loss as a side effect of bromocriptine treatment

Alopecia: an adverse effect of bromocriptine

What's interesting about these two cases though, is that it only affected women (maybe just coincidence).

However, cabergoline, a dopamine agonist like bromocriptine, also causes hair loss (also a woman):

So maybe its just the mechanism ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So maybe its just the mechanism ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes, it's the mechanism. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23176199/

Dopamine agonism is the wrong way to go about targeting PRLR. There is a positive correlation between D1R and PRLR expression. D1R antagonist, fenoldopam, is actually patented to treat alopecia. D2R antagonist fluphenazine is shown to promote hair growth, particularly when combined with iloprost. Intriguingly, D1R antagonism was more effective in treating murine breast cancer than was PRLR antagonism.

SST agonists, particularly SST5, could work through this pathway as well. SST downregulates both PRLR and D1R. I'd be interested to know if the SST5 agonist in trials shows hair growth as a side effect. I asked Crinetics if they have noticed this in phase I, but of course they didn't answer. I would expect hair growth except that it also downregulates the GHR and thus IGF-1, which is vital for hair growth.

Capture.PNG

previous research demonstrated that the neurohormone somatostatin[SST] was strongly expressed in human HF epithelium and had a significant immunosuppressive effect using allogeneic co‐culture cell assays.36 Somatostatin suppresses T cell activity,205-207 inhibits expression of activation markers and proliferation of T cells208 and decreases IFNγ release by leucocytes

Furthermore, dopamine has been shown to downregulate Wnt target genes. It induces IL-6 secretion, a potent STAT activator. Dopamine antagonists could be a useful adjunct therapy to BAY/SMI.

A-comparison-of-DAR-expression-in-human-pituitary-P-striatum-S-and-sc-adipose.jpg

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you see any potential risks in HMI-115 such as tumor or cancer?

Unlikely. There's a little conflicting data about prostate cancer and PRLR, but prolactin is a proliferative hormone and generally cancer promoting. It's being/been tested against several forms of cancer including prostate cancer.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
How is the minitherapy group doing? Anything to report?
I don't think anyone is doing minitherapy, we are all doing full therapy or gigatherapy. Positive side effects reported mostly, too early for hair growth yet.

Numerous_Bet_3027

My Regimen
Reaction score

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I stupid or have they removed the information that clinical trials will start this Summer?

I also noticed that there isnt written anymore „Summer“
I thought it was a translation Problem But i don’t know

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I stupid or have they removed the information that clinical trials will start this Summer?

It doesn't mention summer but it mentions "soon"

At present, the monoclonal antibody drug, has received the global rights and interests of Bayer for all indications of this product, is in full development stage, the drug in Australia, the United States and other international multi-center phase II clinical trials will soon be carried out, the results are promising.

I don't know if it mentioned summer before but there might have been a delay. Still looks on track to start this year though.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So they're expecting to start phase 2 trials in the US as well this year?