Bayer Prolactin Receptor Antibody For Male And Female Pattern Hair Loss

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe mucuna pruriens is a good natural alternative to this drug. It wouldnt be as effective, but we lose nothing trying. I used it in the past for gym performance and I noticed better hair quality.
Not going to do anything for follicular prolactin.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you know that? L-dopa lowers prolactin in blood and it crosses bbb.
I think the answer is, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, that prolactin is generated in the follicle and these kind of drugs that lower prolactin systemically won't suppress that or not sufficiently.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any source?

Shows the follicle secretes melatonin. Aka a hormone.

This one https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15946990/
Shows the follicle secretes cortisol aka a stress hormone. Theres more out there

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Shows the follicle secretes melatonin. Aka a hormone.

This one https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15946990/
Shows the follicle secretes cortisol aka a stress hormone. Theres more out there
In addition, how can we forget the obvious? DHT produced within the dermal papilla.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
In fact it does due to fibrosis (it loses capabilities)

Dude Its common knowledge that hair follicles produce and convert hormones. One of the many reasons some of us lose hair whilst others dont is because of over expression of 5ar ... in the follicle, or under expression of aromatase.. in the follicle. Prolactin is produced by your pituitary gland.

This was literally taken off Wiki : 'Ultimately dopamine, extrapituitary prolactin is controlled by a superdistal promoter and apparently unaffected by dopamine'

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok quote me an in vivo pair reviewed study showing prolactin is produced within the follicle. I am not against this theory, i am just asking for proofs. I like to read studies also, i am a phd candidate in stats, so i am used to read studies...
Heres the thing. In vivo and vitro yes may bring about different results. But the fact the follicle has been shown to secrete prolactin in at least one study shows it has that function. Which means its likely it uses that function in the body. Why else have that function.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know, but thats how science works buddy. Ex vivo means literally nothing. To get something approved for the market you need in vivo studies, double blind,... you need to get decent p values and t values, and a fuckload of statistical tests.
Lol bro. If ex vivo didnt mean anything. Then they wouldnt ever do vitro or ex vivo studies. Ur saying billions of dollars have been wasted. Because by ur standard they mean nothing.

all data means something. Even badly done studies. In fact ex vivo are pretty powerful studies.

Btw i am not saying this bayer sh*t works. I am actually very skeptical

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really doubt that a follicle could be able to produce hormones. Even in that case, we could use topical mucuna if it has less than 500 daltons (i havent researched that)
Please stop posting