BarcaFan's Story - (18yrs old - already a Norwood 2.5 Pix)

newton

Reaction score
Your head shape suits it buzzed so don't worry, it looks cool.

You've only receded a bit that doesn't mean you'll lose it. My pal Neil receded when he was early 20s but he's still got all his hair and he's late 40s now.... but if you start to thinning on top then yeah do something about it.... I don't think you've got anything to worry about, but keep an eye on it.

barcafan

Reaction score
Yeah i think im thinning ever so slightly on top....

Reason im being paranoid is because my dad went completely bald at like 25, and pretty much every male in my family (Except my 24 year old brother, who's still got all of his hair so far) lost some of their hair (or all).

No one was ever a NW1 past 30 so im quite sure im fucked in the grand scheme of things.

antonio666

Reaction score
barca fan ,

I agree with the other posts that you do suit the shaved look,
but understand your concern because of your age and your family history of balding.I would say you are defintley a norwood2 and nowhere near a norwood 3 as you seem to think you are.

By the way real madrid is the true team

barcafan

Reaction score
New 'natural' picture added. It kind of brought my spirits up; a frontal shot that didnt even look that bad (my problem area)

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to reiterate what others said that you look good buzzed. You've got dark eyebrows and could pull off the unshaven facial hair look if you ever shaved your scalp to the skin.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
blondeguy said:
Just to reiterate what others said that you look good buzzed. You've got dark eyebrows and could pull off the unshaven facial hair look if you ever shaved your scalp to the skin.

what do you mean by unshaven facial hair?? like face stubble?

What does dark eye brows have to do with that?

G

you look like a nw1.5 to me. and anway, who cares? nw1, Norwood 1.5, Norwood 2, who the f*** cares? there are so many people without any balding who got their hairlines since puberty who got the same hairline like barcafan.

temples are NOT something bad in my opinion. as long as they look "normal" - so like the normal guy recision. you dont want a girls hairline which is rounded and has the opposite of temples. girls hairlines go from the sides to middle rounded but the opposite of guy's temples.

who wants that? and who needs nw1 as there are so many guys with nw1.5 or nw2. thats just normal for guys.

though its up to discuss if a Norwood 1 or Norwood 1.5 or Norwood 2 looks better. i posted a thread in the general discussion forum. maybe you can post your opinion there about the topic.

im not completley sure what i would choose - nw1, Norwood 1.5 or nw2 .

what would you choose?

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
neo1234 said:
you look like a nw1.5 to me. and anway, who cares? nw1, Norwood 1.5, Norwood 2, who the f*** cares? there are so many people without any balding who got their hairlines since puberty who got the same hairline like barcafan.

temples are NOT something bad in my opinion. as long as they look "normal" - so like the normal guy recision. you dont want a girls hairline which is rounded and has the opposite of temples. girls hairlines go from the sides to middle rounded but the opposite of guy's temples.

who wants that? and who needs nw1 as there are so many guys with nw1.5 or nw2. thats just normal for guys.

though its up to discuss if a Norwood 1 or Norwood 1.5 or Norwood 2 looks better. i posted a thread in the general discussion forum. maybe you can post your opinion there about the topic.

im not completley sure what i would choose - nw1, Norwood 1.5 or nw2 .

what would you choose?

There doesn't seem to be much of a problem at all. The hairline is thick, and it is the same texture as the sides. It is rare for people to keep a Norwood 1, especially as they move toward their 20's. Prime example are my grandfather and uncle both of whom would instantly be branded horrific Norwood 3's, and yet, they have perfectly thick hair everywhere. I myself am a Norwood 1.5, that considering as teen I barely had a forehead at all.

I do not believe this to be "balding". Just a mature hairline, which looks good.

barcafan

Reaction score
So it's been like 4-5 months since ive started finasteride/minoxidil (but only 2 of those months have i not missed a single dose -- was really lazy before). And i *think* things are getting better.

I dont yet see any cosmetic results but no longer do i have that extremely annoying tight red scalp accompanied with INSANE itching. My scalp is now pretty stretchy (lawl) and i never get the urge to scratch it other than once in a while. I think this means things are picking up with regards to the ammount of DHT poisoning my beautiful follicles and inflaming my head.

The irony here is that i think finasteride actually reduced the greasiness of my hair, which in turn made my hair quite fine which *makes* it appear to be thinner (i know it's not actually thinner per se, just less greasy). I thought that was a kick in the pants though.

I honestly dont even hope to regrow my lost temples as i know that they're pretty much dead meat now, but i would be REALLY pleased if my current temples thickened up as i see that they're thinning out which really sucks.

Realistically though, given my ATROCIOUS f****ing family history and the early age of onset i don't think i can do much other than slow down the loss, which certainly isn't very appealing but i guess it's better than nothing (unless i go on like avodart+ru+spironolactone and insane $#iT like that). I just hope that maybe i have immense levels of dht and that my follicles arent severely sensetive to it, which if i have any idea what im talking about, would mean that the ~70-80% inhibition that finasteride provides would give me great results.

Will post new pics soon.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
good news indeed, looking forward to see some updated pics.

TheDude

Reaction score
Barcafan, IMO the buzz works for ya. I didn't comb through the entire thread. So excuse me if this has been asked. But are you hoping to grow your hair out? If not, even if your hair keeps receding. You look good with a buzzed look, you're a good looking guy.

The only thing I can tell ya is I wouldn't worry about it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
with buzz cut like that, nobody will think your balding.

barcafan

Reaction score
I will eventually probably plan to keep my hair longer than buzzed length. I never really cared about my hair when i was young so im not THAT hurt that i'm losing it, but its still a bit painfull.

I can only imagine what other, more attached people feel when they start to thin out... Anyways back on topic: Reason i would want to grow it out a bit longer is that it's simply more accepted in pretty much any job market, to be taken more seriously you have to look reasonable, whatever the hell that means...it's retarded but im sure it affects your job status.

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
I understand about the job market. When I shaved my head when I was younger everyone thought I was some punk kid coming in for a job. Your hair looks great though. I don't think it would look bad at all if it were to grow out a little bit. You really only need about an inch of hair to loose that 'street punk' look.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Primex said:
I understand about the job market. When I shaved my head when I was younger everyone thought I was some punk kid coming in for a job. Your hair looks great though. I don't think it would look bad at all if it were to grow out a little bit. You really only need about an inch of hair to loose that 'street punk' look.

I got a call from HR soon after i shaved my head.

Now I am leaving it at the medium length. lol

G

Dude, your head shape is made for the bald look, I think you should be happy.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
bro, you look damn hot with a shaved head.

if I were you, I will keep it shaved.

Girls love that look trust me.