baldrat's story - (Trying to halt receding hairline)

baldrat

Reaction score
As you can see from the pictures my right temple has started to recede a bit and the thing is that only my right temple has receded but my left temple is like Norwood 1. It's really frustrathing and looks silly.

My father is Norwood 6 and my older brother is Norwood 2.5 already on both temples (i'm 18 myself and my brother is 20). Both of them started to go bald at age 17-18 just like me.

I don't try to get any regrow, just trying to keep the hair what I have now.

I have been taking 5mg finasterid cutted in to quarters for almost 2 months now and for myself I haven't seen any singns of improvement yet expect i'm not shedding that much anymore what I was used to be.

What you gyus think ?

Attachments

• 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    901.3 KB · Views: 266
  • 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    689.1 KB · Views: 262

baldinglikeamofo

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Trying to halt receding hairline

Stop all the drugs immediately!!!

You waaaaaaaay to young to be starting this stuff.

Your messing with your hormones and your gonna end up stunting your growth and being a midget.

Males keep growing into there 20s. I would at least wait until your 25.

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
It's kind of true though... I always was the tall guy when I was around age 17~ 18, but not so much anymore now I'm 21 and have taken finasteride and dutasteride for longer periods.

Luckily it hasn't effected my growth (or lack thereoff) down 'there' like some people would expect but yeah, I feel some peeps have grown taller than me in the meanwhile.

I'm Dutch, and we are naturally tall people it seems, so for me it's no problem but still... It could indeed mess with your growth. Or I just stopped growing earlier than the rest. There is no way to tell anyway.

The choice is up to you though. I took finasteride when I was 19, and dutasteride when I was 20 till now (21), and even though I've experienced sheddings, I haven't lost more hair since. Though, I initially started of with just 2% minoxidil alone (just remembered this while posting), but added finasteride a couple of months after.

Good luck to you. Remember to take pictures every once in a while to see how you progress, and report back here if you have problems with anything. As for your hair right now, can't tell that your losing anything from those pictures yet. Why don't you make some better pictures of your hairline?

baldrat

Reaction score
deadlocks said:
It's kind of true though... I always was the tall guy when I was around age 17~ 18, but not so much anymore now I'm 21 and have taken finasteride and dutasteride for longer periods.

Luckily it hasn't effected my growth (or lack thereoff) down 'there' like some people would expect but yeah, I feel some peeps have grown taller than me in the meanwhile.

I'm Dutch, and we are naturally tall people it seems, so for me it's no problem but still... It could indeed mess with your growth. Or I just stopped growing earlier than the rest. There is no way to tell anyway.

The choice is up to you though. I took finasteride when I was 19, and dutasteride when I was 20 till now (21), and even though I've experienced sheddings, I haven't lost more hair since. Though, I initially started of with just 2% minoxidil alone (just remembered this while posting), but added finasteride a couple of months after.

Good luck to you. Remember to take pictures every once in a while to see how you progress, and report back here if you have problems with anything. As for your hair right now, can't tell that your losing anything from those pictures yet. Why don't you make some better pictures of your hairline?

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    704.4 KB · Views: 239

baldrat

Reaction score
Anyone interested in my situation ?

Attachments

• 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 266
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 224

baldrat

Reaction score
How common is to stop the temple thinning and recession with Finasteride only ?

I'm hoping that i don't have to add minoxidil later on and ofc hoping also to see if fina is working for me.

baldrat

Reaction score
My hair color is changing to darker and hairline is thickening, no regrow but thickening and not so many hairs falling out anymore.

I experienced some shedding during the first 2 weeks but it's maintained too. I have little side effects, but they are very mild and i think they are going away

baldrat

Reaction score
Some update..

I don't know about you but I think there is some improvement in that temple :punk:

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    973.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 217

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Your in between a NW1.5 and a NW2, which is a perfect mature hairline. I wouldn't worry if I was you. Especially now you're on finasteride.

Cook

Reaction score
are you sure its male pattern baldness? your sides seem rather thin , wich isn't a normal androgenic patern.Did you get it confirmed ?
If you did keep us updated on your progress.. I almost made the decision myself to get on finasteride :D so i will follow this

baldrat

Reaction score
Cook said:
are you sure its male pattern baldness? your sides seem rather thin , wich isn't a normal androgenic patern.Did you get it confirmed ?
If you did keep us updated on your progress.. I almost made the decision myself to get on finasteride :D so i will follow this

Yes,

my father had the same pattern and his mothers father had the same pattern. Also my brother has the same pattern so it's coming from my fathers side because there is almost every man bald expect his father and my mothers father has a thick and full head of hair and he is 70 year old.

Also my friends were pointing on my right temple and said hey "you're going bald!"..

Sorry about my bad english :jackit:

Now my hair is shedding pretty badly, but I'm pretty sure that it will maintain soon, well see..

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 233

baldrat

Reaction score
Not good, not good at all..

My right temple is shedding like CRAZY

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 259

baldrat

Reaction score
Been 10 weeks on finasteride now and I'm shedding alot. :shakehead:

What you guys think, should I keep going with Fina and ketoconazole or add Minoxidil to my regimen too ? It just would be so annyoing to add some stuff in your scalp 2x times a day. :dunno:

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
It is very possible you might shed from Minoxidil as well, so best would be to simply wait out this shed, and see the results. Minoxidil is a hassle to apply 2 x a day though, I agree, but it's a 'safer' treatment than finasteride, cause it doesn't change your hormones.

baldrat

Reaction score
Some update again.

Shedding is stabilizing now.. What do you think, is my hairloss very noticeable ?

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 187
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 198