baldrat's story - (Trying to halt receding hairline)

baldrat

Reaction score
Thx man

Yeah, atleast my shedding has stabilized now and I'm not losing that much hair what I lost/was losing before starting regimen, but that right temple is still very thin and higher than my left and there is one small spot in front of my hairline which is very thin too.

Only time will tell what happens, but I think it's very possible for me to keep what I have now.

baldrat

Reaction score
It's been over 15 weeks on finasteride now.. I don't see any changes myself but I will keep it going.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 287
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 297

baldrat

Reaction score
Fincar18 said:
You aren't even balding man. Any sides from the finasteride?

I had little sides but not anymore.

It might look like that it is not balding but trust me because my big brother and dad had that same pattern.

akki

Reaction score
i m 18 yrs old n dis hairfall is frustating a lot.... guys.... I m on my 4th month on finasteride... I was having horrible hairfall... Bt in first 3 months of finasteride... It gets evn worst... Norwood i dnt losse 20 or 30 hairs when i shower bt still i loose abut 4-5 hairs in shower and i estimate dat i losse around 20 in whole day Norwood.... finasteride has workd n decrease my hair fall... Bt in 2nd n 3rd month i loose horribly much more hair n Norwood i hv much less hair on my head... Still i dosent hv any bald spot when i comb vl evrythng luk normal bt it isnt normal... I really have very less hair and i hv 2 comb it all the time... So anybody here who gone through the same den plz plz tell me that wat vl be the next??? My scalp wld remain lyk dis or vl get worst or vl get better??? I really Norwood have very less hair on my crown and on my frontal scalp.... Plz suggest

baldrat

Reaction score
Okay so I've been on finasteride for about 6-7 months and nizoral 3 times in a week and this is the result. My hair got thicker on right temple and I dont even need to comb the hair to hide receding area. As you can see on the last picture I can even comb all my hair back now and it doesen't look like receding hairline or thinning. There might be some regrowth also, but atleast its very thick now.

Attachments

• 234.JPG
    234.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 248
  • 004 - Copy.JPG
    004 - Copy.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 256

baldrat

Reaction score
Not much regrowth but thinning has been stabilized for now. My only concern is that thinning will start going further in some point. I was thinking about starting rogaine but got concerned about those sheddings which is very likely to happen if using it.

Thinning area lined with red

Attachments

• 435.JPG
    435.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 241

icesensei

Reaction score
Your hair looks thicker :punk: . Hairloss / balding is a gradual progress so it is better to maintain than trying to regain hair after losing it, if you want consider adding topical sprironolactone for the small areas in the hairline-temples and see if you get more vellus hair or thickening there must be no sides when applied topically.This is complementary to DHT blocking which leaves elevated levels of free testosterone, topical spironolactone will address this issue in the sensitive snd difficut (for regrowth ) area of temples.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
baldrat said:
Not much regrowth but thinning has been stabilized for now. My only concern is that thinning will start going further in some point. I was thinking about starting rogaine but got concerned about those sheddings which is very likely to happen if using it.

Thinning area lined with red

Well if you plan to use minoxidil on the hairline, then there is no reason to be afraid of sheds as you will be applying it to bald areas I assume. Also, shedding is not the evil..
minoxidil is a real commitment though, think it through carefully..
Good luck!