Baldness Caused Me Dysmorphia. Just Want To Offload

Temple Crown

My Regimen
Reaction score
has baldness caused anyone else to become body dysmorphic? I haven’t been diagnosed or anything but ever since I shaved my head a year ago I lost much of my confidence with the opposite sex. I started working out to try and regain some confidence, only to find other things I don’t like about myself. I look much older than I am after head shaving, perhaps I did before too.

I’m tall and wide and now starting to look more muscular. It’s a very bold look and I feel like it attracts attention which I don’t want. I want to blend in with the background. I’ve been rejected by a girl for looking scary. Men seem fairly intimidated by me which I’m trying to see as a bright side haha.

I think my body language changes when I’m not wearing a hat. A leave me alone/dont look at me type thing. I don’t really know I’m doing it. With a hat on something lifts off me and I can relax. Girls do check me out. With a hat on I like it, but I tell myself without the hat they wouldn’t.

I feel like I’m pulling further and further away from a social life.

This isn’t really a question. Just wanted to off load, been dwelling on it again. A bad hair day for me now, is psychological.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah oh well, I am in a similiar situation, albeit with more extreme symptoms maybe. I avoid leaving my room and talking to people except for work/ uni. Shaving my head was less stressful than running arround with toppik and norwood 7 thinning, but it caused me to compulsively check for changes in my face up to 60 times a day.

Really dreadful stuff. Lost all my gains as well because of insomnia and no appetite. 3 months ago I was a vibrant, handsome young man, f*** this gay earth and f*** premature hairloss.

max310

Established Member
Reaction score
Relax. Try being 5'8 with thin hair. I'm not complaining though.. it's all cool with me.

inmyhead

Reaction score
You were born with sh*t hair. So now nature just takes it back what it gave to you. You shouldn't be sad about it.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
We were born with a hole in our skull as well, doesn't mean we are to be unaffected when physical degeneration takes us back to that stage.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea my hair issues have caused me severe Body Dysmorphia. I didn't even know it was my hair at first. But I went from a normal functioning person, to now I can't go in public or work. Just living is hard cause I'm so dependent on people near me to do things like grocery shop for me. I almost committed suicide. It's been really tough. I've been going to therapy, but the hairloss has effected me so much it's hard to imagine living a normal life again. But I do have a good dermatologist now so hopefully she can help me.

Javell

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dysmorphia is a bs (cope) disease.
Looks have impact on how people view you, their opinion of you is often solely based on looks.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dysmorphia is a bs (cope) disease.
Looks have impact on how people view you, their opinion of you is often solely based on looks.

Body dismorphia can make your face literally morph arround in front of your own eyes and is sometimes -not always- completely unjustified for the person experiencing it. There are NW1s in this forum freaking out about their 'receding' hairlines and pretty girls locking themselves up because of a mole. It goes way beyond being conscious of one's own physical flaws. Really fucks with your self-perception, sometimes to the point of psychosis.

You are a bs psychiatrist.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
has baldness caused anyone else to become body dysmorphic? I haven’t been diagnosed or anything but ever since I shaved my head a year ago I lost much of my confidence with the opposite sex. I started working out to try and regain some confidence, only to find other things I don’t like about myself. I look much older than I am after head shaving, perhaps I did before too.

I’m tall and wide and now starting to look more muscular. It’s a very bold look and I feel like it attracts attention which I don’t want. I want to blend in with the background. I’ve been rejected by a girl for looking scary. Men seem fairly intimidated by me which I’m trying to see as a bright side haha.

I think my body language changes when I’m not wearing a hat. A leave me alone/dont look at me type thing. I don’t really know I’m doing it. With a hat on something lifts off me and I can relax. Girls do check me out. With a hat on I like it, but I tell myself without the hat they wouldn’t.

I feel like I’m pulling further and further away from a social life.

This isn’t really a question. Just wanted to off load, been dwelling on it again. A bad hair day for me now, is psychological.

Well I'll put it this way I'm now pretty sure monks become hermits after they lose their hair not the other way around

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yea my hair issues have caused me severe Body Dysmorphia. I didn't even know it was my hair at first. But I went from a normal functioning person, to now I can't go in public or work. Just living is hard cause I'm so dependent on people near me to do things like grocery shop for me. I almost committed suicide. It's been really tough. I've been going to therapy, but the hairloss has effected me so much it's hard to imagine living a normal life again. But I do have a good dermatologist now so hopefully she can help me.
Is your screen name a reference to the old Transformer?

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Body dismorphia can make your face literally morph arround in front of your own eyes and is sometimes -not always- completely unjustified for the person experiencing it. There are NW1s in this forum freaking out about their 'receding' hairlines and pretty girls locking themselves up because of a mole. It goes way beyond being conscious of one's own physical flaws. Really fucks with your self-perception, sometimes to the point of psychosis.

You are a bs psychiatrist.

Yea, before I realized what was going on and started going to therapy I could literally watch my face warp and distort right in front of me. I'm glad that stage is behind me.

Is your screen name a reference to the old Transformer?

Yea it is! :)

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol @ complaints about being 5' 8". I'm so happy to be that, short to average, and not 5 5 midget.

Now balding on the other hand

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
[...] 5 5 midget.

You'd think baldness would drive people to introspection and help them become humbler and less judgmental individuals but I guess there is no cure for the human condition.

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You'd think baldness would drive people to introspection and help them become humbler and less judgmental individuals but I guess there is no cure for the human condition.

Sorry just referring to societal attitudes. I don't find height attractive or unattractive personally.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really noticed this trend going on. It seems that balding causes BDD