Balding Since 18, Now 26, Started Propecia 12/12/2016

CrazyFrenchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
La photo de 2016 c'était au bout de + de 3 mois de minoxidil, donc le peu que j'avais perdu avait déjà repoussé. sur les 7-8 pulvérisation j'en faisais 2 sur le vertex

CrazyFrenchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Little update to say that i just buzzed my hair at the same length that i had at day one of my journey with finasteride in december.
And i took the same photo at the same place with the same lighting and i can now say that finasteride has a good effect, not exeptionnal but it clearly works.
Fina 4 mois+.jpg

On the left, day one finasteride and on the right, more than 4 month.
It just looks healthier in my opinion
My skin also looks better lol but that's because i'm back to serious sport since 2 month, and the sun is starting to kicking in where i live so i think it helps a lot :)

still no sides

CrazyFrenchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fina 5 mois+.jpg

Little update : 5 month
Pic on the left : day 0 finasteride + minoxidil + nizoral
Pic in the middle : almost 4 month : finasteride + minoxidil + nizoral
Pic on the right 5 month : finasteride + minoxidil + nizoral

Still no sides.
Baby hair starting to become bigger hair.
The head feels fuller since a long , long time.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
we started finasteride and nizoral on the same day and same norwood, I do not use minoxidil tho

you have baby hair on the NW0 hairline, lol

CrazyFrenchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
we started finasteride and nizoral on the same day and same norwood, I do not use minoxidil tho

you have baby hair on the NW0 hairline, lol

I've noticed them since a little while. I hope this is a good sign.
But i had a very bad normwood 0 originally. I've been at my best a norwood 1.5/2 i think ( when i look my youngest photos)

How your regimen is going ?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@CopeForLife and it's most probably going to stay that way. What I found with finasteride is that it's wonderful at maintaining and absolute garbage at regrowth expect in the lucky few. The one proven treatment that will give you insane regrowth is minoxidil but comes with the kick of stopping working when it chooses and sending you on a fast trip back to baseline.

CrazyFrenchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@CopeForLife and it's most probably going to stay that way. What I found with finasteride is that it's wonderful at maintaining and absolute garbage at regrowth expect in the lucky few. The one proven treatment that will give you insane regrowth is minoxidil but comes with the kick of stopping working when it chooses and sending you on a fast trip back to baseline.

Agreed 200% on that.
With minoxidil, before i use finasteride, i had a lot of regrowth but they would always go away.
Minoxidil do the regrowth, finasteride and nizoral maintain them !

finasteride also helps for the regrowth but it is way slower that minoxidil.

A friend of mine did a PhD on all the treatments available for hair ( not only baldness, but all pathologies)

For alopecia he had access to a lot of studies including some for minoxidil and finasteride.
Minoxidil works for almost everyone for the regrowth and has no real sides compared to finasteride.

For finasteride he had access to a study that took photos of multiple area on the scalp and they counted all the hair in it. The patient were taking only finasteride.
The study took 5 years and year after year, there were more and more hair in those areas( front and back) .
But the regrowth process is very very slow.

Last edited:

CrazyFrenchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fina Miroir mai.jpg

Photo taken in my bathroom, two month comparison. I've got lights on my back but also in front of me.. So full light on my scalp lol
Hair length is almost the same

To add what i said before, i've looked again what was the results for finasteride.

in multiple area of 5.1cm², here was the number of hair : year 1 : 126 , year 2 : 170 : year 3 : 183 : year 4 : 219, year 5 : 277
42% of the patients are stabilized ( no loss, but no gain)
48% got significant gains
10% got worse.

So you can see that finasteride is for 90% at least a stabilizer for your baldness. Bad luck if you are in the 10%
Libido is affected for 1.8% of the patient but tend to disapear for most of them during the time. ( they are reversible two weeks after the treatment is stopped)

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey man can you link me this study ? is this the 10 year Rossi finasteride study ?
super résultats en tout cas t'es chanceux! tu appliques toujours minoxidil sur ton vertex ?

CrazyFrenchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone, little update after one year on the big three.
I've basically maintained all i had and gained in term of thickness. But where i didn't had hair anymore, there were no miracle. No regrowth on my temples.
Still happy with the results though, when i was using minoxidil only, i was still balding, way slowly but still.
minoxidil 1 an.jpg
left.jpg
right.jpg

CrazyFrenchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Little update, after almost 3 month of dermaroller, looks like a small improvement to me. Can't be sure it's finasteride continuing it's job or dermaroller helping, i'll keep using it for at least 3 month to have a real idea about it.
Hair is a little bit shorter on the left than on the right.
dermaroller.jpg

Still no sides at the moment, i feel like eating healthy and doing exercise helps a lot.

CrazyFrenchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before dermaroller, hair pretty long : 6-7cm
Before derma roller.jpg

4 month : i just cut my hair :3.5 cm
Derma roller 4 mois.jpg

The light is way more agressive on the second picture but i can see the improvement.
For the moment i can say that my head feels way thicker, i don't think i had a lot of regrowth yet (i have a lot of baby hair now though), but i can just see that it looks way thicker than it used to.

Reactions: Oro

CrazyFrenchie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Little update, i found a 16 month old photo of me and i'm now sure that i've had some regrowth.
First picture is 16 month ago(just started finasteride after 1 year of minoxidil), and second picture is now( minoxidil, finasteride and dermaroller) , same hair length, bight light right on my head.
osz___size__.jpg

and now
IMG_20180525_220800.jpg

In my opinion, my hairline just look wider.