Balding Patch After 6-7months After Giving Birth

Eviep26

My Regimen
Reaction score
I gave birth 6 nearly 7 months ago and at around 3months post partum my hair started comig out in clumps. I know its normal to loose hair after giving birth but i didnt realise how bad this would be to the point i know have next to no hair and a bad balding patch on the front of my head. Iv noticed it gets severly itchy where if i scratch it doesnt do anything and then the next day i loose big clumps of hair and then i cant touch my scalp cause it hurts really bad. I have tried all the hair loss shampoos with no luck and scared to use regaine incase i end up loosing more hair. Just wondering has anyone else experinced this or if anyone might think its something else. (Pictures show when hairs wet or dry or in any shade of light)

Attachments

• 20181013_152641.jpg
    20181013_152641.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 316
  • 20181013_152625.jpg
    20181013_152625.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 335

Sam1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So sorry you’re going through this I think people/ dr’s etc. underestimate the distress thar hairloss causes. I actually Had the opposite effect for me pregnancy did wonders for my hair and I never noticed the shedding phase after I gave birth. Did you try Nixoral shampoo? You mentioned itchy scalp. This shampoo has been known to calm down inflammation. Maybe your hormones are off and need sometime to readjust. Hair grows in cycles so it may take time to grow back in. Are you nursing? I don’t know I would try Rogaine unless you think it’s a hereditary type of Hairloss. All the best

Charlotte BAMbeautiful

My Regimen
Reaction score
I gave birth 6 nearly 7 months ago and at around 3months post partum my hair started comig out in clumps. I know its normal to loose hair after giving birth but i didnt realise how bad this would be to the point i know have next to no hair and a bad balding patch on the front of my head. Iv noticed it gets severly itchy where if i scratch it doesnt do anything and then the next day i loose big clumps of hair and then i cant touch my scalp cause it hurts really bad. I have tried all the hair loss shampoos with no luck and scared to use regaine incase i end up loosing more hair. Just wondering has anyone else experinced this or if anyone might think its something else. (Pictures show when hairs wet or dry or in any shade of light)
Hair loss after giving birth is super normal and you should not feel bad about it. Almost half of all new mums will experience hair loss or bald patches. Just make sure you're eating well, staying hydrated and are using gentle products for a happy scalp is the most important next to looking after your little bundle of joy.