balding man takes photo of himself daily for 6 years

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
i never said this video was about balding, i am just relating the balding in this video

powersam

Reaction score
i didnt notice any recession. i think you people are imaging things.

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it true that if you stay on finasteride for over 5 years, your body will produce a lot more dht than someone who didn't take finasteride at all?

HARM1

Established Member
Reaction score
jay2K6 said:
Is it true that if you stay on finasteride for over 5 years, your body will produce a lot more dht than someone who didn't take finasteride at all?
It will make more the id did before you were on finasteride, And I do that in much less then a 5 year to my opinon

G

jay2K6 said:

huh? your body produces more dht while you are on finasteride for 5+ years? can you explain?

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
I heard that our body gets used to 1mg of finasteride or whatever you take so it starts to produce more dht.... and thats why there is no improvement after 5+ years on finasteride. correct me if i am wrong.

G

Probably not. If Finasteride is a competitive inhibitor of the enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT, then no, unless you start producing more and more testosterone after 5 years and outcompete the finasteride.

If Finasteride is a noncompetitive inhibitor, then even if you start producing more testosterone, it wouldn't matter, unless your body made more of the enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT.

Does anybody know if finasteride is competitive or not?

powersam

Reaction score
if i understood bryan and oldbaldy, you wouldnt actually be producing more dht but your body would have generated more androgen receptors while your dht levels were lowered. so you wouldnt be producing more dht than if you had never had finasteride but you would be far more sensitive to the dht in your body. or something like that.

G

powersam said:
if i understood bryan and oldbaldy, you wouldnt actually be producing more dht but your body would have generated more androgen receptors while your dht levels were lowered. so you wouldnt be producing more dht than if you had never had finasteride but you would be far more sensitive to the dht in your body. or something like that.

I guess I can accept that. But thats only because I can't think of anything better right now.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
he went from 22 to about 28. you guys with most likely bushy thick hair that think he's losing his hair must be really young and don't undersand that it's normal for men to recede abit to have mature hairline like he does now. he's going to have hair for a long time.

G

Ams99 said:
he went from 22 to about 28. you guys with most likely bushy thick hair that think he's losing his hair must be really young and don't undersand that it's normal for men to recede abit to have mature hairline like he does now. he's going to have hair for a long time.

Seriously I agree with that. Some of us just have norwood paranoia and see it norwoods everywhere.