Balding is such a mind****, isn't it?

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I mix gym with home. I have a few things home but my fav is my bowflex. I have started suplimenting the weights in the gym every few week with my p90x at home to shake it up. it works.
Just wish something could grow back hair.

Me and my brother used to go out together and RACK up girls. Now we go out and they are only interested in him. Its ****ing depressing. I Want to just die as of late.
Hate looking in the mirror. HATE trying to do my hair. I hate spending 30 mins + just to step outside and have a hard wind hit me.
I was happy with no dealing with my hair shaved, but hated the looks people gave me and staring myself in the mirror.

I hate going out with my brother and having 3 girls talking to him while i stand there with my thumb up my ***. He has perfect brown hair, what little I Have is grey, which I wouldnt mind if it was just there!

woman DONT Like a shaved head, maybe older lonely women who are barely physically attractive but young, fun pretty girls dont. they want someone esle who looks young and fun. Unless they are trying to land a husband and kids, which I am not. Or I get flirted with by girls with kids, cause yeah I want to be your kid's rent a dad, Im sure his real dad had a nice thick head of hair which is why he didnt stick around.
Man you can't say woman don't like a shaved head and say things like you can't get any because of your hair because I doubt that's true, since I've been shaving my head this summer I've met a couple little hotties who were all over me and they didn't seem to care about my hair

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man you can't say woman don't like a shaved head and say things like you can't get any because of your hair because I doubt that's true, since I've been shaving my head this summer I've met a couple little hotties who were all over me and they didn't seem to care about my hair

I honestly don't know whether to take things you say seriously. Your posts and mindset has changed quite a bit since your first post.
In your first post you have super long thick hair and claim it's falling out, then you change it and you have a shaved head, then it all disappears completely.
Tell you what, where are you located, why don't you Skype someone and prove you're really all you claim.
Also perhaps your version of a hotty is not really that hot..... You may be scoring a 3 and thinking it's off the charts.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I honestly don't know whether to take things you say seriously. Your posts and mindset has changed quite a bit since your first post.
In your first post you have super long thick hair and claim it's falling out, then you change it and you have a shaved head, then it all disappears completely.
Tell you what, where are you located, why don't you Skype someone and prove you're really all you claim.
Also perhaps your version of a hotty is not really that hot..... You may be scoring a 3 and thinking it's off the charts.

This human rating system that many of you use just makes me puke. Where the **** are we going as a species? How shallow can we get?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
+1 on the Bowflex. Been using one for years.

Yeah I bought a used one from craigslist. Best purchase ever. Its a completely different style of weight resistance and I Can really feel the difference in my muscles after a workout with that after being in the gym with weights for a week. Also works great with my p90x vids.

This human rating system that many of you use just makes me puke. Where the **** are we going as a species? How shallow can we get?

Going?
We have been there since the beginning. We all have a gauge for what we find beautiful and thats what we want. Then again his 3 could be my 10, my 10 could be his 3...... on average we are all usually on par with each other though. This is not being shallow, there is nothing shallow about liking something attractive and wanting to be attractive to others. If thats the case then there is no reason to be here whining about hair loss.
In the words of the great Eddie Murphy.... "I don't wanna **** no funny ugly b**ch": Eddie Murphy Raw

amigoingbald

Established Member
Reaction score
No bro trust me this girl I was with the summer was beautiful man , beautiful face amazing body everything I look for and most look for , at least a 8 I'm not kidding, I know pretty girls man haha I would never get with a three come on so. Haha, but as for being who I say I am I can assure u I'm a 21 year old dude going bald, it's just not ruining my life, and I never posted a picture with a full head of long hair because it was shaved before I joined this forum, and all you guys asking me to post pictures and skype with u seems super creepy to me so it probably won't happen even though when I joined I put up at least five pictures haha

- - - Updated - - -

That's just the way it is . You might not say it out loud but you know a ten when u see one , you also know a 3 when u see it haahh

Searching71

Reaction score
I honestly haven't experienced a single moment of happiness without it being overshadowed by the fact that I won't probably ever be truly happy again b/c of hairloss.
Indeed. It's such a shame (time for the woe is me rant) -

Just two years ago, age 17, I had a near-perfect thick head of hair that gave me a ton of confidence. I was able to get any guy I wanted and I had people frequently telling me I should model - even strangers sometimes would comment on my looks. I couldn't wait to get older and become more successful. I knew my good looks would enhance my life in an innumerable amount of ways.

Now I'm turning 20 in a month and I've had very aggressive hair loss. I'll probably be fully bald in four years or so, just like my older brother. I hate looking in the mirror, my confidence and self-esteem are in the tank. Really don't know how I'll get past hair loss mentally. But looks like I don't have any other options as I'm not willing to risk taking the drugs. *sigh*

/rant over

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score

THANK GOD. Finally someone with a little sense left.

- - - Updated - - -

THANK GOD. Finally someone with a little sense left.

Also, us women NEVER use this human rating system 1-10. There are probably exceptions but I've never come across any female using the system. It makes me feel uncomfortable knowing that guys do this all the time, even when I was once called a "perfect 10" it made me uncomfortable. Now with hair loss giving me a hard push towards the lower numbers of the scale of course it makes me even more uncomfortable. Why can't you just call a woman "pretty" or "beautiful", instead of labelling her with a stupid number. It does nothing for the confidence of the millions and millions of girls who are not an 8+

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Aren't you the one bemoaning the loss of being a "perfect ten" DWI? I know it wasn't self applied, you modestly rated yourself a seven, but you have mentioned it more than once... I still can't work out if you are an elaborate troll....

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know any men in real life who use this rating system. I guess it is more popular on the internet.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Aren't you the one bemoaning the loss of being a "perfect ten" DWI? I know it wasn't self applied, you modestly rated yourself a seven, but you have mentioned it more than once... I still can't work out if you are an elaborate troll....

I don't think so when I haven't called myself a 10? I am against the rating system and I've also mentioned that more than once (I think).
An elaborate troll?
Ask yourself this, what person would join a hair loss forum and post as many detailed and personal posts as me, for FUN? Really?
Do you think I come here with the purpose of fooling everybody, just because a young woman with hair loss is rare doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
If I wanted to troll I'd go some place fun, not this god forsaken place???
I don't need you to believe me, but I wonder what person in their right mind would do something like that.
I'm here cause I am balding, and I have no one to talk to that understands me, take it or leave it! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I use it with a friend, but it's mostly for joking. Like "Oh my god, you dated this girl, she was like... a 3!"

Why do you guys keep mentioning "3"'s as the bad thing? Is 2 and 1 so bad they don't see the light of day??

- - - Updated - - -

Because looks don't matter that much to women in the end, I know I may get flamed for saying that here but when a man meets a girl, his friends ask him "is she hot?". If a woman tells her friend she met a guy, her friend asks her "what does he do?".

Women could still come up with a rating system based on the guy's ambition, sense of humour and perceived value.

You know, maybe we should just turn it around and use the rating system on your looks too, see how you'd feel? Maybe I should have a look at you guys' pics (for those who have one out) and rate you? How would you like being called a 3?? or worse??

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DWI, believe it or not, we have had trolls on here before. I get the impression you had no problem with the ratings system, until your hairloss started. You know when guys were buying you lunch etc. You have mentioned on a few occasions about others calling you a perfect ten. You say noone understands you and how you have it worse than us. I would wonder why a woman would be so eager to post on a male part of the forum, rather than seek out a women's hairloss forum where you may get some useful advice. Anyway I won't give you my true opinion of you, as I'd have to ban myself!!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and by all means start rating, but have the balls to put your picture up first. You won't even post a picture of your hair!! I know all my flaws, so wouldn't come as a shock :p

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I have never used the "rating system" im either attracted to someone or not and i dont know anyone who uses this "rate system" either.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think so when I haven't called myself a 10? I am against the rating system and I've also mentioned that more than once (I think).
An elaborate troll?
Ask yourself this, what person would join a hair loss forum and post as many detailed and personal posts as me, for FUN? Really?
?

"AmIGoingBald" pretty sure he would lol

And actually PLENTY of women and girls rate guys looks. They are not so high and mighty and non shallow. I used to have TONS of female friends and they are the same IF NOT even more vicious than men.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ultimately it is all subjective. What I find attractive, somebody else won't. As a short guy, a girl's height is important to me, but two of my long term girlfriends have been an inch taller than me!

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure that no one with a "naturally" balding/bald head is truly happy with the way they look. They all would like to have hair, no matter what they say.

If hair is the only issue you have with your life, you are a lucky man.

I hate so many other things about me. My height, my round baby face, teeth, being weak, allergies, other medical issues....

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have never used the "rating system" im either attracted to someone or not and i dont know anyone who uses this "rate system" either.

lol i see youre still continuing your crusade to prove looks/hairloss doesnt matter to you by posting constantly on a support forum.

the only people who can say they truely dont care dont even know sites like this exist, nevermind contribute regularly.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
lol i see youre still continuing your crusade to prove looks/hairloss doesnt matter to you by posting constantly on a support forum.

the only people who can say they truely dont care dont even know sites like this exist, nevermind contribute regularly.

Thats true they probably dont know it exists but then again they are not trying to help others unlike myself...i never found this site cause i was feeling down about my hairloss if i remember correctly but i understand you trying to make me feel down cause you still "down" or whatever it is with your hairloss...and on a support forum? keyword here SUPPORT what im giving or at least trying to give others sorry for having a heart.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
If hair is the only issue you have with your life, you are a lucky man.

I hate so many other things about me. My height, my round baby face, teeth, being weak, allergies, other medical issues....

Haha, actually it's far from being my only problem. But I think I've ranted about my other issues more than enough. Hairloss was just the icing on the cake, the last problem I encountered that pretty much crushed me mentally.