Balding diffuse - What to do?

Reaction score
I am 26 years old, and have this diffuse thinning on top. When hair is fresh and dry, it looks ok, but my confidence goes down when it's wet. Its very thin on top. How can my hair look so thick, when its actualy so thin???
What should I do? Take vitamins, medication or shave my head? I have overall great confidence, but its so low when I see my hair wet, and dont want to swim or go to the beach because of that.
No balding in family. Both sides have full head of hair. (very good hair actually, thick curly).
IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I am 26 years old, and have this diffuse thinning on top. When hair is fresh and dry, it looks ok, but my confidence goes down when it's wet. Its very thin on top. How can my hair look so thick, when its actualy so thin???
What should I do? Take vitamins, medication or shave my head? I have overall great confidence, but its so low when I see my hair wet, and dont want to swim or go to the beach because of that.
No balding in family. Both sides have full head of hair. (very good hair actually, thick curly).
IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg
If you know about the movie Gremlins, you need to learn about the big 3:There are three rules: (1) no bright light, (2) don't get your hair wet, and (3) never apply rogaine after midnight, no matter how much a girl begs. Bright light hurts you, and sunlight can kill you.

Onyx3266

Reaction score
Isn't Finasteride and Minoxidil best for diffuse thinning? I thought that diffuse thinning hairs could be rejuvenated more effectively. I saw the best results from diffuse thinners when I looked, and they still had their hairlines as well even if they did shave.

megatron1234

Reaction score
Get on Finasteride, NOW you can't have nothing in your regimen with that
yeah don't be scared of all the bull**** you hear,get on finasteride, 1mg daily,i'd also do minoxidil 5% twice a day. Don't panic,keep with that regimen and you should see result. You might have mild side effects at the beginning but they should subside! Personally,i had small side effects with minoxidil at the beginning but it went away after. I haven't had side effects with finasteride.

Reaction score
One thing I don't get... I have friends who is balding/bald and the thinning they are dont look like mine at all... The only one who reminds of my hair is womans hair loss, for exemple: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O05FNeMO8hI/VMzIp4NA35I/AAAAAAAADII/ReipGTGlo3o/s1600/photo+1.PNG

Can that mean it can be something else than male pattern baldness?
I mean I have no family history at all. My father have hair, all my uncles have hair (both sides!).All my brothers have hair. My grandfathers had hair, they even died with a lot of hair (more than I have now while I am 26...).

For me there is only 2 options. If I have male pattern baldness, I will accept it and buzz my head really short (like Zidane). And if its something else, I will fight it back ofcourse.

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
male pattern baldness comes in a different ways, yours is diffuse without receding. Take a clear look on your pics, for example here http://www.forumbilder.com/images/2016/05/16/IMG_0096.jpg we can see the bunch of hairs that are significantly thinner and smaller then their neighbors. The thing is called "hair miniaturization"(google it).

Get on finasteride ASAP, i must say.

Reaction score
male pattern baldness comes in a different ways, yours is diffuse without receding. Take a clear look on your pics, for example here http://www.forumbilder.com/images/2016/05/16/IMG_0096.jpg we can see the bunch of hairs that are significantly thinner and smaller then their neighbors. The thing is called "hair miniaturization"(google it).

Get on finasteride ASAP, i must say.
I saw it can be telogen effluvium also. I took a DNA test on 23andme and found I dont have the gene synonyme with male pattern baldness.
Works finasteride better on Telogen Effluvium ??