bald truth talk

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
I tried creating an account at bald truth but it says my account still needs to be activated. I can't edit my profile or post on that site yet. It has been a few weeks since I made the account, and still nothing....

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd create a new account, sometimes the system is screwy. Did you receive an activation email?

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
I'd create a new account, sometimes the system is screwy. Did you receive an activation email?
Yeah it says my account is activated but is in the moderator que or something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to keep my diffuser44 profile so that people know it's me on both sites.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard it can take a while, but a couple of weeks seems like a long time. I think I was good to go within a couple of days. Can you email them or something?

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
Still not able to use my account. I did email them a week ago and haven't heard back. I want to join that forum because I believe it has more long term users. Some of which might be in the same boat as me. Where they took finasteride a long time without sides. Quit without sides. I want to know if any of them went back on it again without any problems. Or if they went back on it again, quit, went back on it again etc. Ryan55s story is almost
identical to mine except the neurological problems he has whatever those might be. I'm guessing seizures. Probably not induced by finasteride. I definitely need to talk to this guy though since his situation is so similar
to mine.

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
I've also created an account there a month ago, but still in the moderation queue. Haven't emailed them and gave it up!
It's like they are tired of moderating the forum and have stopped allowing new members to join.

- - - Updated - - -

I've also created an account there a month ago, but still in the moderation queue. Haven't emailed them and gave it up!
I would rather be on that forum. It has more active long term members.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus this site is sponsored by Merck. Anyone know if bald truth and the hair loss
association are also sponsored by Merck? Does it matter if they are?

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like there are independence issues and conflicts
of interest by accepting a sponsorship from a pharmaceutical. Even if there if they have no control in the operations of the site.

IDeveloper

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't see any advantage this forum can give except for hair transplant consultations, They're focusing more on hair transplant as it's their number one source of income!

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't see any advantage this forum can give except for hair transplant consultations, They're focusing more on hair transplant as it's their number one source of income!
Yeah I have no interest in a hair transplant. I've got an appointment with my doctor and see what he has to say. He's been prescribing the stuff since it came out and specializes with families and birth. I trust
his judgement on the matter.

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing in junk/spam.

BeardedOne

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried to register for Bald Truth Talk in late 2012. Numerous times. Waited, waited, waited.... emailed them... waited... emailed them again... waited. Then I gave up.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I have no clue what is going on with your account. They are still allowing new guys to join all the time. It seems as if there is more activity on this forum and that is why I joined. No BTT is not sponsored by Merck or any other hair loss treatment. There is a hair transplant section on that forum but I usually don't post there unless there is something interesting going on.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
There are many fine and knowledgeable posters on TBT forum and I have no reason to doubt that members of it continue to benefit from the shared communication exchanges. I've been tuning into TBT for several years now yet I have never been a member. I have noticed as a quiet bystander though in the past year or so, a disturbing change developing. I have an increasing sense of disappointment that the individuals pulling the strings there have displaced/replaced? their original altruistic function or mission of the show for less honorable interests or rather more profitable interests. I understand Kobren and company have got to make a living and that's ok. I suppose it's not at all uncommon for a show that has allegedly gained as much popularity as TBT to temporarily lose sight of it's "purer intentions," but for me the talk show has been gradually smacking of nothing more than another disingenuous infomercial. Sure they are cleverly rotating the same cast of players along with occasional script revisions, but can someone kindly tell me, what show seriously concerned with progressively educating it's members or listeners needs to flagrantly solicit so discriminative a caliber of guests ?Guests that are more or less cut from the same material that is? Surgeons and/or surgeon's hair consultants. Either Kobren's salary increase has made him lazy or he's become complacent. If he is both, then sadly the quality of the show is in even more grave trouble. If I seem too one-sided I am sorry. In fairness I will say with respect to it's past and present members, the posts are far superior to the show.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
There are many fine and knowledgeable posters on TBT forum and I have no reason to doubt that members of it continue to benefit from the shared communication exchanges. I've been tuning into TBT for several years now yet I have never been a member. I have noticed as a quiet bystander though in the past year or so, a disturbing change developing. I have an increasing sense of disappointment that the individuals pulling the strings there have displaced/replaced? their original altruistic function or mission of the show for less honorable interests or rather more profitable interests. I understand Kobren and company have got to make a living and that's ok. I suppose it's not at all uncommon for a show that has allegedly gained as much popularity as TBT to temporarily lose sight of it's "purer intentions," but for me the talk show has been gradually smacking of nothing more than another disingenuous infomercial. Sure they are cleverly rotating the same cast of players along with occasional script revisions, but can someone kindly tell me, what show seriously concerned with progressively educating it's members or listeners needs to flagrantly solicit so discriminative a caliber of guests ?Guests that are more or less cut from the same material that is? Surgeons and/or surgeon's hair consultants. Either Kobren's salary increase has made him lazy or he's become complacent. If he is both, then sadly the quality of the show is in even more grave trouble. If I seem too one-sided I am sorry. In fairness I will say with respect to it's past and present members, the posts are far superior to the show.

Interesting point of view.

Reaction score

Interesting, I check out the show and read TBT posts sometimes. It seems to be one big marketing gimmick for hair surgeons and they have marketers posting on the behalf of the surgeons.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think he's got his interests elsewhere... as in, NOT really for a hair loss solution. He's making a ton of cash from advertising on his site from hair transplant doctors. When the Bald Truth Talk forum spoke about sending him to Scotland for the Hair Congress last year, he denied... EVEN WHEN we pitched the idea to pay for his costs, he still denied. Thankfully we're sending a forum member to the Hair Congress in South Korea ourselves, see here for details: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...go-to-World-Hair-Congress-2014-in-South-Korea!

I don't think he really cares about helping to find a cure. I know if he reads this he'll give an opposing response but really, what has the hair loss community really benefitted from his actions? He hasn't done ANYTHING other than talk. Sure he's interviewed researchers and CEOs like David Hall from Replicel... but as a somewhat of an ambassador he's not doing a good job. With his reputation I'd be fighting for FDA reform to loosen the ridiculous and bull**** regulations that are detrimental to our cause or pushing for a crowdfunding project working with other media outlets to gain awareness. Hell no, he's not doing anything like that... NOTHING that actually MATTERS.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Your analysis is on the mark. Mr. Kobren has never offended me personally and I don't wish to suggest otherwise. I believe he has helped people improve their general awareness of hair loss disorders. I also believe that he is unwisely utilizing his unique position of influence and persuasion few of us will ever possess. I can only conjecture that his true ambitions lie elsewhere in some less lofty and uncomfortable business realm. Were this not the case I presume I would witness a more selfless and aggressive advocate or frontman fearlessly pushing forth the proverbial envelope in order to affect the necessary change he supposedly is earnestly working on so regularly to promote and see realized. We need a champion that is neither complacent nor obsequious and sadly I don't believe Mr. Kobren's my man.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your analysis is on the mark. Mr. Kobren has never offended me personally and I don't wish to suggest otherwise. I believe he has helped people improve their general awareness of hair loss disorders. I also believe that he is unwisely utilizing his unique position of influence and persuasion few of us will ever possess. I can only conjecture that his true ambitions lie elsewhere in some less lofty and uncomfortable business realm. Were this not the case I presume I would witness a more selfless and aggressive advocate or frontman fearlessly pushing forth the proverbial envelope in order to affect the necessary change he supposedly is earnestly working on so regularly to promote and see realized. We need a champion that is neither complacent nor obsequious and sadly I don't believe Mr. Kobren's my man.

You know what the problem is with having someone be an open ambassador for hair loss? They have to go public... as a man... for hair loss.

You're DEFINITELY going to get ridiculed. By friends, family, strangers, trolls online, the media.... everyone. There is very little sympathy for men's health issues, and nearly ZERO sympathy for balding men. Now, balding WOMEN on the other hand... you've got a shot.

Getting men their identity back, their self esteem, confidence, etc. through hair follice generation is an uphill battle because it extends beyond just the research.

If you wanna tackle hair loss on a larger platform, you need to be ready to deal with heavy, HEAVY public humiliation.

In short: society is scum.