Bald Spot vs NW3

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
which is worwse

a bald spot

or a jude law NW3 hairline (but quite pronounced), more liek wayne rooneys hairline if you will.

B

Beingbaldsucks

Bald spot = your bald. Norwood 3 = your hairline is receding. And Rooney is Norwood 4.5-5 at least

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
lol bald spot isnt your bald, my brother had a bald spot at his wedding he still didnt look bald from the front at the photo.

nah wayne rooney @ 22-24 was Norwood 3 with heavy diffusing, like he had a little island crown, not sure what thats called but he was never NW4-5, if e was no one would see any hair!

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think it depends. I believe to most women an NW3 is not a big deal, but a bald spot is the start ofthe descent of being considered a balding man.

However, if you dont really give a toss about what women shallow enough to care about hairloss think then an nw2 hairline with bald spot may be better, you never see the back so what do you care, plus you can always use concealers on your crown and still have the ability to style the front however you wish. It may also be easier to restore hair at the back than at the front.

Still i personally think a strong NW3 still gives you plenty of styling options so long as you embrace it by wearing it shortish.

seb

Reaction score
I don't believe women who don't the sight of a bald/balding man are shallow.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im afraid we will have to disagree on that then Seb, I know a couple of women who are losing there hair and I dont find them any less attractive for that at all.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Depends if your looking from the back or front!

But there are plenty of guys who look good with a NW3, there are guys my age with one who dont even think they're balding.
Funnily enough I only seem to see the bald spot/no recession combo on middle aged guys.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
For young ladies its better to be Norwood 2 - 3.5, then having a bald vertex spot.

T

TravisB

I think bald spot is better than recession (I'm talking about above NW3 recession). When you have bald spot you can just shave the hair very close and you'll still look good because you still have frame to your face. When you have recession no more that NW3 (and the rest of hair must be thick), you can still style it and don't look balding at all to the normal people.

The worst type of hairloss is in my opinion recession + diffusion all over the top (whick I have). I can't even grow out my hair and style it because it's too thin and will look ridiculous. I'm condemned to ultra short cut.

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
NW3 > bald spot > NW4+.

With NW3 you can still style your hair in a way it looks decent in most cases. Bald spot is worse than that but better than NW4 which is too heavily redeceded. At least with the bald spot you have a hairline to frame your face which makes a lot of difference.

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
Maystor said:
NW3 > bald spot > NW4+.

With NW3 you can still style your hair in a way it looks decent in most cases. Bald spot is worse than that but better than NW4 which is too heavily redeceded. At least with the bald spot you have a hairline to frame your face which makes a lot of difference.

G R E A T COMMENT.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
All depends on the size of the forehead.

I see plenty of those 3/4 finger forehead guys and they can pull off the slick back NW3 look very well, however if you're in 5 finger forehead territory then all frame and proportion goes out the window with that style and you'd almost be better off with a bald spot and a solid NW2 hairline.

B

Beingbaldsucks

Primo said:
All depends on the size of the forehead.

I see plenty of those 3/4 finger forehead guys and they can pull off the slick back NW3 look very well, however if you're in 5 finger forehead territory then all frame and proportion goes out the window with that style and you'd almost be better off with a bald spot and a solid NW2 hairline.
I sew people with almost no forehead and bald and it's ugly, Jason stathem also has a big forehead and it sits well on him

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Rather than having a Nw3,i would easily take NW7..or shaven look.
When you lose hairs,like in NW2,3,4..

you cannot have hairstyle.
All hairs stict to the scalp in a single layer.
Many friends told me that i look better now than when i was before two years..because as a NW6 is closer to shaved look,my face get more attention then my scalp.

I am not tall but still my face saves me but problem comes that they see me as a older person and thats causing me trouble,
people think i am married person.