Bald Reddit Group. Lots Of Interesting Threads.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Correlation =/= causation. Gaming is a refuge for these shut-ins because they have a feeling that they are chanceless in todays society in general and in competition for women in particular. That's their words not mine, people don't just forget how to have a fullfilling live because of video games.

Whats wrong with playing and enjoying video games? It seems like just another hobby to me, nothing to be ashamed about, maybe i have misunderstood your post.

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats wrong with playing and enjoying video games? It seems like just another hobby to me, nothing to be ashamed about, maybe i have misunderstood your post.
Nothing wrong with playing video games or watching Netflix, I do it myself.
I was just talking about the obsessive ones, who barely leave their house to start some kind of social life.

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Correlation =/= causation. Gaming is a refuge for these shut-ins because they have a feeling that they are chanceless in todays society in general and in competition for women in particular. That's their words not mine, people don't just forget how to have a fullfilling live because of video games.
Sure it is, but what where you like with 14,15?
Normally you just start to develop your social skills in your teenage years.
When I compare myself now to back in the day, that will make me cringe too.
But these guys often don't even try, they just stick with it.

Last edited:

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
And it's not like these guys have never been asked to join a party or a night out, they just struggle with the decision of going or staying at home.
So they stay at home because they don't wanna leave their comfort zone.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really think a key factor for that is that more and more people tend to be less socially active.
It's not only based on the way you look.
For example, I know a lot of guys who just started gaming as soon as they reached teenage age.
They came home from school and went straight to their computer, on the weekends the same, instead of meeting their peers and just hanging out.
So do they still when coming from work...
They never learnt to flirt or have a healthy social live.
I mean you don't have to, nowadays.
Who needs to have a burger and a movie in the cinema on a Friday night, when you just can order a pizza and watch Netflix all weekend long.
It's up to you, if you stay in your comfort zone or try to make some new experience.
I always found it way more nice to meet a girl when going out than trough dating apps, although you can have a nice date with that, too.
For example, where I live there's some event for free every spring, where they make a skateboarding competition and concerts in the evening on a very nice location.
It's just about having a good time, meeting people and stuff, but there are only the same 100 people every year and I bet there would have been lots more 30 years ago.
People just didn't have the opportunity to get this much entertainment when staying home alone.
This is a big game changer I think.
Nowadays people don't want to risk getting rejected or leaving their comfort zone, so they never even tried and with age, its a lot more difficult to get back in the game.

Great insight! Listen to this man.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
We are talking about who do it excessively here. People who completely give up on their social life to play video games.

Sure it is, but what where you like with 14,15?
Normally you just start to develop your social skills in your teenage years.
When I compare myself now to back in the day, that will make me cringe too.
But these guys often don't even try, they just stick with it.
Back then, addicted to WoW to be honest lol. Still had a girlfriend.
That's not my experience, it's always rather unattractive men who fall in that trap for a reason. It's not that video games are not available and popular all over the world, yet the phenomenon is just prevalent in Western countries.

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
We are talking about who do it excessively here. People who completely give up on their social life to play video games.

Back then, addicted to WoW to be honest lol. Still had a girlfriend.
That's not my experience, it's always rather unattractive men who fall in that trap for a reason. It's not that video games are not available and popular all over the world, yet the phenomenon is just prevalent in Western countries.
Haha, nice.
Maybe it's not the Brad Pitt lookalikes but often just the normal guys who would be totally fine when losing a few kilo and dress a little bit nicer.
A guy I know from school is one of those.
6 feet, nice and funny guy, but he's stuck with WoW for at least ten years now and therefore missed a lot of social life.
Last year we were at a music festival and he was into the barkeeper girl and asked me if he should go for her number.
I asked him, if he's ever done this before and he said no, I still encouraged him to go for it.
Of course he didn't, but that's the point.
You can't go for the beautiful blonde waitress who gets approached a lot and expect that she is immediately into you , especially If you have no idea what you're doing.
I mean what can go wrong?
You get a smile and a nice rejection or at worst a harsh comment... So what?
That's part of the dating life.
But these guys give up before even trying.
Just a little example of what I meant.

Moreover I think it's hard to compare the western society to others in terms of that.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The thing that's bringing down the west is hate.

There's not nearly enough hate.

INT

Reaction score
The left needs the right and the right needs the left for balance. It is not a matter of what would be better: a conservative or a progressive society. It is about balance. The past and the present have shown that when that balance shoots more to one side than the other, societies start to crumble. People pick an ideology based on their upbringing, moral foundation and personal fears, hopes and dreams. However, if you truly care about the quality of life in your country, and have the ability to look at it from a rational point of view, you will see that being too overly identified with one side of the spectrum is not an optimal place to be at.