Bald Reddit Group. Lots Of Interesting Threads.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
For all my balding brothers and thinning sisters - I found this group on reddit that has many people embracing the bald look.

You may groan, you may grumble, but some of them look a damn sight better than they did with thinning hair.

Its worth taking a look:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bald/?count=75&after=t3_8i0x86

Examples:

zu5jP-mGrOG7524UJDswV9am-zH1g4iORQLfvZalc58.jpg

pcgoy9Q.jpg

JfA6rS-tn5GIbNWATCxWDMi5PPOJmUarOaPkLAxjKEc.jpg

GrOqWkh2VhPh_oQ_0LfGzpfWHoULraMVbS-Islqba5Q.jpg

Some don't look great no matter what though :(

ef9vOlvkqX1Whxvx2cFzk_Qe_C39BSKTvc0GZZRNfcE.jpg

Anyway - its not like the sly bald guys group that encourages everyone to go bald. Nor is it saying give up meds; its more of a group for people who are losing their battle - like many of us - and having done their best at acceptance.

Assemblage23

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They all look better with hair IMO. You may look neat and clean and serious shaved but you will very rarely be handsome and NEVER look better than with visible hair (including stubble) where hair supposed to grow on a healthy young man’s head.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I quite like the shaved receded look:

mens-burr-haircut.jpg

I have lost a bit of density so mine doesn't look as good.

If the finasteride brings back the density then I may shave it.

Sounds odd to say if I grow more hair then I will shave but it does make sense in terms of aesthetics.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically the bald look looks better if you... have more hair

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically the bald look looks better if you... have more hair
100%

The shadow of your hairline helps.

See Ljunberg circa 2004:

swede-fredrik-ljungberg-of-arsenal-talks-at-a-press-conference-after-picture-id50950610.jpg

See Ljungberg circa 2017:

fredrik_ljungberg_and_ki_sung_yueng_celtic_325716.jpg

Still attractive but he's dropped a point or two.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
honestly there comes a point where your hair is just too thin to look good, best thing to do is shave it.
keeping it long while receding honestly looks terrible.

bald2.png

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Most of them look better shaved and with beard. If it wasn't for the beard, that would be a different story though.

Sometimes it isn't a case of looking better though as you probably do look better with your diffuse norwood 4 combover than shaved. it's about looking less pathetic and diseased.

I know in my case I felt a lot healthier with a shaved head than some rats next on top of my head.

Last edited:

LastSamurai

Established Member
Reaction score
They all look better with hair IMO. You may look neat and clean and serious shaved but you will very rarely be handsome and NEVER look better than with visible hair (including stubble) where hair supposed to grow on a healthy young man’s head.

With the selection of photos above, I'd have to agree with you. I've found the problem often is that guys go for the bald look before they need to. To the average person and average girl, a lot of those guys have enough density above. Most of the time people don't really notice I'm NW3 until I point it out. It's not they can't see my recession, its just they don't really care about it unless you draw attention to it.

My recent thinking is therefore not to jump the gun and go slick bald before you need to. The problem is often ourselves; we get so worried and overly concerned by our recession that we are liable to jump the gun too soon.

However Johnson's photo above with the guy with the buzzed head does give me hope. If you have enough density I think buzz is preferable to shaved, every day. Good facial aesthetics with buzzed receding head can look very good. Definitely preferable to a shaved look.

I saw Vince Vaughn in that film where he goes to prison and has to complete a hit for a drug lord. I didn't finish the movie, but wow, he looks so weird with a shaved head. I can't quite get my head around how weird he looks. It doesn't suit him.

Hairloss creates losers and some winners. It will always be difficult to take but some get hit worse then others.

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For all my balding brothers and thinning sisters - I found this group on reddit that has many people embracing the bald look.

You may groan, you may grumble, but some of them look a damn sight better than they did with thinning hair.

Its worth taking a look:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bald/?count=75&after=t3_8i0x86

Examples:

View attachment 89486

View attachment 89487

View attachment 89488

View attachment 89489

Some don't look great no matter what though :(

View attachment 89490

Anyway - its not like the sly bald guys group that encourages everyone to go bald. Nor is it saying give up meds; its more of a group for people who are losing their battle - like many of us - and having done their best at acceptance.
I respect a man who truly accepts their fate & just carries on with life the best they can. The thing is, for men who aren't naturally good looking or don't have the head shape for it, the "just shave it bro!" route is not a viable one. At least, shaving down to the skin like Uncle Fester definitely isn't. The buzzed look with no razor (like #2 and 3 in your post) looks fine, but the skinhead look will never be acceptable IMO. I think the horseshoe is crucial, even if it's just stubble. And honestly, growing a Santa Claus beard with a skinhead will always look retarded. At least you should tone it down, like keep the beard nicely trimmed, and keep the stubble of the horseshoe. Most jobs wouldn't allow a ZZ Top beard anyway, so I guess it's a moot point.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
With the selection of photos above, I'd have to agree with you. I've found the problem often is that guys go for the bald look before they need to. To the average person and average girl, a lot of those guys have enough density above. Most of the time people don't really notice I'm NW3 until I point it out. It's not they can't see my recession, its just they don't really care about it unless you draw attention to it.

My recent thinking is therefore not to jump the gun and go slick bald before you need to. The problem is often ourselves; we get so worried and overly concerned by our recession that we are liable to jump the gun too soon.

However Johnson's photo above with the guy with the buzzed head does give me hope. If you have enough density I think buzz is preferable to shaved, every day. Good facial aesthetics with buzzed receding head can look very good. Definitely preferable to a shaved look.

I saw Vince Vaughn in that film where he goes to prison and has to complete a hit for a drug lord. I didn't finish the movie, but wow, he looks so weird with a shaved head. I can't quite get my head around how weird he looks. It doesn't suit him.

Hairloss creates losers and some winners. It will always be difficult to take but some get hit worse then others.
Totally agree.

I shaved mine two years ago. It looked fine but I did it way too soon because I was a nw3 with full density.

The reason I did it was because I thought I'm going so I may as well embrace it now.

In retrospect I did it far too early, but at least I know I look okay bald. I'd now only shave again if the meds didn't work and I lost more density.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol it's so true.

I might also add that the thinner the hair gets on top the better you look with some facial hair. Little loss on top, little stubble on bottom.
Full blow norwood on top then more bush needed on bottom.

so basically just flipping your head over on the shoulders