Bald men = mediocre men?

base10

Reaction score
You guys ever wonder if bald men are born to be mediocre?

Most successful men, in whatever career. Even with slight recession, 80% of "successful" men will maintain a pretty good head of hair. Musicians, actors, artists, business men etc..

Of course there are the rare few who have accepted it and gone on to lead rewarding lives.

What are your thoughts on this?

Hoskins

Reaction score
Mick Jagger has all his hair left, his brother has a little bit less, it's always the same story with famous guys and their brothers. Almost sure it's pieces and extensions to some extent on almost all rock an film stars over forty.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking at financial success... i see a lot more bald men with money than men with hair and money.

bald29

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at financial success... i see a lot more bald men with money than men with hair and money.

I think it's a consequence of being bald. Saving money is easier when being bald, even with the cost of finasteride+minoxidil and the occasional prostitute.

With dating out of the equation, there's more time to work and less expenses on going out, dinners, gifts, movies, etc. which can add up to a small fortune in a few years.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it's a consequence of being bald. Saving money is easier when being bald, even with the cost of finasteride+minoxidil and the occasional prostitute.

With dating out of the equation, there's more time to work and less expenses on going out, dinners, gifts, movies, etc. which can add up to a small fortune in a few years.

Yup, this is pretty much what I thought.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
The economics of bald men 101. Lol. College itinerary here we come.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i remember reading one ****ed up hypothesis that baldness cud have evolved as a sort of signal of beta cuckoldry. a woman who is looking for a secure long term partner and provider wud look for a bald man because she knows the bald man has ****ty chances and probably won't cheat as a result. and of course this wud make it easier for her to force the bald man to raise a norwood 1 slayer baby under his nose 0_0

Nope_vs_Nope

Reaction score
The problem is, even after you accept baldness, that does not mean that the rest of the world will automatically accept you as normal. The younger and older you are, the more likely people are to look at you in disdain.

"Oh he must be really sick."
"Oh he must do drugs."
"Oh he must not take care of himself at all."
"Ew, if he's bald now imagine how bad he'll be later! Pass."

That pretty much sums it up. So yes, people assume that bald men are mediocre or worse. Our visual centers are the most developed, so a human's natural instinct is to quickly assess whatever they are seeing. And THEN act accordingly. That is why first impressions make a huge impact, and that usually just pertain to physical looks. Oooor if you make an *** of yourself, then that'll stick to that person's perception of you like super glue.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still, there are some celebrities looking amazing with a bald head. Like Mark Strong, Jude Law

Jude Law is not fully bald and he looks absolutely terrible as a balding man:

Jude-Law-Faded-Thick.jpg

That is the reason why his career has turned to hot garbage...... and that is the reason why women don't desire him at all.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
Those two actors don't look amazing bald. Wtf. They clearly look handsome with hair, however.

shookwun

Reaction score

Jude-Law-Faded-Thick.jpg

That is the reason why his career has turned to hot garbage...... and that is the reason why women don't desire him at all.

It's so easy to forget that at one point this guy was one of the biggest heart throbs in hollywood when he still had hair. He was in a ton of romantic movies, and was always a leading role actor.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score

Jude-Law-Faded-Thick.jpg

Terrible??? No way. He's one of those guys who can pull of the bald look. He's got great features. I'd still hit it.

shookwun

Reaction score
even as a NW2-3 this guy had some of the strongest aesthetics during his prime time.

65bb7bcf902128dfcb68415c3b1db217.jpg

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Jude Law might not be a heart throb anymore but his acting is way ****ing better.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
It's so easy to forget that at one point this guy was one of the biggest heart throbs in hollywood when he still had hair. He was in a ton of romantic movies, and was always a leading role actor.

Now he couldn't even get a gig in an adult movie...as a stunt man.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
even as a NW2-3 this guy had some of the strongest aesthetics during his prime time.

65bb7bcf902128dfcb68415c3b1db217.jpg

I know, and that's why all the "stop the negativity" posts come from people who are an NW3 or less. A person can still look great as an Norwood 2.5 or so, and no one will consider them to be bald. An NW6 is an absolutely different story.