bad hair transplant at THE HOSPITAL GROUP ENGLAND

s.a.f

Reaction score
I hope you dont need a lot of work done then. Because if you do then better forget about it.

TheDoctor

Reaction score
Well as I said I'm not intending to be pressured into anything, and I'm only meeting the surgeon. Plus I'll be meeting Dr Farjo later in August so we'll see. Luckily my loss has been incredibly gradual over 20 years and it's more a
'filling in' on top as I thin over time as I've always had that receding temple look since my mid 20s and I'm happy to just 'keep what I've got' and thicken it back to what it was.

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
When I was 19, I made the mistake of starting transplants. Thankfully, my hair loss was so rapid, I only had temple fill-ins before I realized transplants were not going to work.

However, I was left with a scar on the back of my head, and the implants in my temples. It tooks years of Electrolysis, Lasers, Surgery,Peels, Retin-A to correct an afternoon's mistake.

For anyone considering a translant - I say don't. There is stuff out there that works. Topical Dutasteride and Azoles have done what nothing else before has doen for me. I am excited about the prospects of Bitamoprost and believe that Dutasteride plus Keto plus Bitamoprost will prove a highly effective treatment, especially for those in the early stages of hair loss .

Rutt

Established Member
Reaction score
Why didn't you get the hair FUE'd out? Several of the reputable hair transplant docs do repair work like that

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
kathrinrich said:
I know one thing
you should try ILHT,
its a perfect for hair transplant.

Thats the 2nd time you've posted that in different threads i've read.

Mods can we please ban this spammer???

:spam: :spam: :spam:

TheDoctor

Reaction score
Hi guys. Well I had my consult with Dr Art Katona over at Zeiring Medical at the Hospital Group. Overall it went pretty well and I had a frank discussion with Dr Katona who was very forthcoming and genuine. I'll post up complete details later, but as a first consult I thought it was went far better than I feared.

I have a consult booked with Dr Farjo in August, and hope to set one up with Dr Rogers in May/June so I can make truly informed decision about the best path to take then. So... Update later but I'm feeling positive so far for the whole experience.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did you see any before/after photos of his patients?

TheDoctor

Reaction score
Before and after photos? Yes I did. They were pretty good. Not over e top and represented a realistic result.

My consultation was better than ai thought it was going to be.
I got to the clinic in Hammersmith. Coming from South West it seemed a bit of a grotty place, but I found the clinic easy enough. Inside was clean, stylish and welcoming. I was greeted by two receptionist and I was shown to a waiting area that looked like something out of Habitat. I was offered coffee and waited for about 10 minutes until Dr Katona came out. He was drinking a Starbucks coffee and dressed in 'scrubs' as he was working on a client that day in for about 2000 grafts.

I was shown to a small, very White clean office. Nothing fancy but well equipped.
He was a welcoming guy, seemed easy going and he told me he was from Florida.
Talked though my experience so far with the Southampton 'advisor' who I wasn't impressed with at all. He was genuinely interested in my opinion and I did grill him with difficult questions including why did he come to UK from US to work for a place with a bad rep like THG. He said that Dr Zeiring had linked up with THG in a sort of take over, and the name was meant tocbe changing. I did note on the clinic entrances there were more 'Zeiring medical' signage than hospital group.
He said that the UK was very far behind US in terms of hair surgery and wanted to 'make a difference' here.

He asked me all the right questions concerning what I wanted to achieve, my current regime etc. He then examined my head and I showed him photos of my hair taken over the last 20 years from holiday snaps etc on my iPad. He liked my style! :)
He was honest and said that I couldn't achieve the the density but could get the illusion of it, and we discussed what would be the best way forward for me.

I asked about Propecia but he didn't think I needed it, advising I continue with Regaine as it seems to be working on the crown, and he advised a 2000 graft FUT to replace my front hairline and fill in the front top area.

I asked many quesrions about aftercare and what my long term plan would be, and he advised that I had enough donor area for 3 procedures, but that I shouldn't rush anything, seeing how I felt with the first procedure results, and maybe moving to Propecia in a years time.
While there we also discussed the entire procedure and I also met on of the surgical teamcresponsible for graft cutting.

I was also told I could have telephone numbers of people who had had procedures.
Dr Katona also gave me his personal email and mobile number,

I left after about 90mins of talk and planning, and was left feeling confident with Dr Katona. Either it was a very clever soft sell or a genuine care of not overdoing it and care for clients. To be honest, after reading the horror stories about THG I felt that I had visited a totally different place.

My next consult will be with Dr Rogers, hopefully in May, and then in August with Dr Farjo, after which zi'll make a final decision on who to proceed with. But as a first consult with an actual surgeon, I feel much more confident about going ahead with my plan, even if it's possibly with Ziering medical (at the Hospotal Group).

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
TheDoctor said:
Before and after photos? Yes I did. They were pretty good. Not over e top and represented a realistic result.

My consultation was better than ai thought it was going to be.
I got to the clinic in Hammersmith. Coming from South West it seemed a bit of a grotty place, but I found the clinic easy enough. Inside was clean, stylish and welcoming. I was greeted by two receptionist and I was shown to a waiting area that looked like something out of Habitat. I was offered coffee and waited for about 10 minutes until Dr Katona came out. He was drinking a Starbucks coffee and dressed in 'scrubs' as he was working on a client that day in for about 2000 grafts.

I was shown to a small, very White clean office. Nothing fancy but well equipped.
He was a welcoming guy, seemed easy going and he told me he was from Florida.
Talked though my experience so far with the Southampton 'advisor' who I wasn't impressed with at all. He was genuinely interested in my opinion and I did grill him with difficult questions including why did he come to UK from US to work for a place with a bad rep like THG. He said that Dr Zeiring had linked up with THG in a sort of take over, and the name was meant tocbe changing. I did note on the clinic entrances there were more 'Zeiring medical' signage than hospital group.
He said that the UK was very far behind US in terms of hair surgery and wanted to 'make a difference' here.

He asked me all the right questions concerning what I wanted to achieve, my current regime etc. He then examined my head and I showed him photos of my hair taken over the last 20 years from holiday snaps etc on my iPad. He liked my style! :)
He was honest and said that I couldn't achieve the the density but could get the illusion of it, and we discussed what would be the best way forward for me.

I asked about Propecia but he didn't think I needed it, advising I continue with Regaine as it seems to be working on the crown, and he advised a 2000 graft FUT to replace my front hairline and fill in the front top area.

I asked many quesrions about aftercare and what my long term plan would be, and he advised that I had enough donor area for 3 procedures, but that I shouldn't rush anything, seeing how I felt with the first procedure results, and maybe moving to Propecia in a years time.
While there we also discussed the entire procedure and I also met on of the surgical teamcresponsible for graft cutting.

I was also told I could have telephone numbers of people who had had procedures.
Dr Katona also gave me his personal email and mobile number,

I left after about 90mins of talk and planning, and was left feeling confident with Dr Katona. Either it was a very clever soft sell or a genuine care of not overdoing it and care for clients. To be honest, after reading the horror stories about THG I felt that I had visited a totally different place.

My next consult will be with Dr Rogers, hopefully in May, and then in August with Dr Farjo, after which zi'll make a final decision on who to proceed with. But as a first consult with an actual surgeon, I feel much more confident about going ahead with my plan, even if it's possibly with Ziering medical (at the Hospotal Group).

Sorry but if you are considering using these guys still then you deserve to be butchered!!!

Yeah they might have been taken over, and they might have employed new staff... or they might just be rebranding themselves!

There is plenty of evidence on here NOT to go to them!!!!

You are taking a massive gamble with your hair and mental health... why go to somewhere that has a shocking reputation? Even if its been taken over, where are the years of sucess after sucess that has made this clinic worthy of you allowing them to slice you up?

It doesnt matter if they seem like "they care", just because someone seems like they do, it doesn't mean they ACTUALLY do!

I live in the UK, I am not trying to promote any hair transplant doctors anywhere in the world, and I would never consider having a hair transplant myself. But believe me if I were to do it I'd damn well make sure I went somewhere that would guarantee the best possible result!!! I wouldn't take a chance and hope for the best!

The fact one or two people popped up on here who clearly were trying to restore this companies rep without any proof of "good transplants" to me just goes to show how bad the decision you're making is!

But its up to you... I think I can speak for everyone on here when I say we hope you get an ok result, but I doubt anyone on here would expect you to :smack:

pauljason

Reaction score
In 2007 I decided to go for the strip with the Hospital Group in England at their latest new Hospital.

I was told in my case I would get a fixed price and they would be able to get 1500 grafts at least. I would not be able to have my hair cut any shorter than its current length. ( that was stage two on my clippers) If I did then the 2-3mm scar would be on display.

I have the strip done and they inserted 725 grafts and not the 1500 I was told. The scar as you can see in my recent photos, is over 7mm and I'm not able to use clippers at all. If I did then the scar would be on display.

I wrote to complain that I had not had the amount I was told and got legal advice. They hid behind the expectation document that I signed. I was told this was a letter saying that everything could not be guaranteed etc.

The issue with that is that I was told this letter was not written for everyone individual. Its a standard letter and IN YOUR CASE we are going to get 1500 grafts. Don't worry that it says these are estimates only.

In fact if I had paid for the 725 that I actually got that on their price list was £500 less than what I paid!

All in all a poor service and was misled in so many ways

DHI Group in London had the latest FUI that they founded. No pain a lot more grafts but I had to have my head shaved. this is when I got to see the full mess of my scar.
Straight to Spain the next day to keep away from people I know for a while. Three months on it's starting to look thicker. I will need one more next year to finish with.

jessie1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is my first post on here, although I am a contributor on another hair loss forum.

What better thread to chime in on than this, given that I am one of the many victims of The Hospital Group.

I had a 1000 graft strip procedure with Dr Goldstone in 2007. Its the worst decision of my life. I was barely a NW1.5!!! 27 at the time, not on meds and basically got sucked into some very unethical advice from Tarquin Blandford (or Mr. Blandford as he prefers!).

This may seem dramatic, however this decision has changed my whole outlook on life. It was a terrible result and I have been trapped in the 'tunnel' since, trying to recifty all the wrongs from this initial surgery. 3 hair transplants on and I am still not where I want to be. (I can not attribute my two latest procedures to the Hospital Group of course)

I received nowhere near the amount of grafts paid for.
The yield was poor.
Doubles and trebles were placed in and around my hairline which have since been removed as they looked ridiculously unnatural.
I suffered shock loss in the recipient area and a significant instability in my hairline and frontal zone following this hair transplant. I put this down to several reasons including transected native hair when planting inbetween follicles.
The hairs that did survive were poorly placed and I was left with infections in my hairline. Confirmed by another hair transplant Doctor as ingrowing hairs.
The strip scar was excessively wide, about 4-5 mm in places.

Based on my experience I could never recommend The Hospital Group to anybody. I failed in the research department.... and then some!!!!!!

Nobody deserves a bad hair transplant though. What i would say though to anybody consdering a hair transplant with The Hospital Group is that if you opt to still go with them after reading posts like this, which are in their droves by the way, then you are (respecfully) naive and I urge you to continue with your research.

It pains me to say that this is not the only mistake I have made in my hairloss/ repair journey. I have made others, which I will happily share with this forum in time in the hope that others can do some 'distance learning' rather than realise their mistakes when looking in the mirror.

All the best,

Jessie1

1000 strip Dr Goldstone 2007
500 strip Aesthetic Beauty Centre 2009
1000 FUE Dr Feller Sept 2010

TheDoctor

Reaction score
Latest update from me. Saw Dr Farjo and blown away with him and what he offers in comparison to Hospital Group. In summing up, I'm scheduled for next Jan with Farjo, and won't be going anywhere near a hospital Group.

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously aint read all these pages, just feels like we need to goto America or europe and actually steal a decent hair Doctor and force him to perform hair transplant for us Brits for 2K and throw in a girl or 2 every now and then to keep him happy....

If us brits all add some money im sure we can do it !