bad hair transplant at THE HOSPITAL GROUP ENGLAND

cowells42

Reaction score
:shakehead: this is becoming funny but the post started was not funny.
That poor fellow 99 sounds like he had a bad nightmare surgery,even though he shouldnt have gone there in the first place,we all make mistakes.A lot of guys wont show their photos because they are embarresed that they made a bad decision.Im sure Dr.Goldstone who did his surgery knows that its a crap surgery,but he works on turnover only,not care and attention to detail as he should.i know that because i had a consult there and the dodgy photos they showed me and the trick flash salesmen and the fact that they cant answer direct questions and they want you to quickly sign a contract there and then for a hair transplant saying that if you dont sign you wont get a good deal???what kind of place is that?no honesty there about numbers etc etc,DONT GO THERE PLEASE.
Sure usa has loads of surgeons,seems that theres probably a choice of 10 worldwide who all seem to have great results posted with clear pics etc.
The chap with the UK BEST HAIR TRANSPLANT,well good luck to you that he seems happy with his results,personally i dont see any density there,ESP AFTER 2 OPS,he got only under 4000 graphs and im sure his scar is huge?but what can you expect from The Hospital Group,they are amateurs,money grabbers and just work on turnover,the more the merrier.Im sure theres 9 out of 10 who go through them who are not happy as i dont see many delighted ones posting there success,do you?
:sobbing: still feel sorry for that guy 99 who started the post and i hope that he gets a good 2nd surgery done and cn post the difference between a good top quality job and an amateur job done by hacks.As people keep saying,research more,save more and get it done at a professional clinic,dont use The Hospital Group.

Reaction score
DrakeWeAreLEAVING! said:
hellojames99 said:
:shakehead: its obvious to me that your working on behalf of THE HOSPITAL GROUP because you want to know where i am and if i have photos so u can identify me,sorry mate.
if you know about hair transplants then you know what a bad one looks like .
WHY DONT U SHOW ME YOUR PHOTOS

PUT THE REEFER DOWN,BACK AWAY FROM THE REEFER...... :smoke:
lm chilled who rattled your cage ,is this for passing on comments about h/t or some kind of jokeland.

s.a.f

Reaction score
best-uk-h/t said:
Boondock said:
I don't "go on about" US surgeons. It's just a fact that there are no world-class hair transplant surgeons in the UK. There are 9 or 10 such surgeons in the US. Therefore, if you want a world-class procedure, you have to go to the US.

Of course the majority of US docs are still below-par. I'm not telling you to fly out and hold out a placard saying "take me to a hair transplant surgeon, asap." I'm asking you to do your research and find someone good there. The costs of flights and accommodation are negligible to the overall cost, and more importantly negligible to the difference in quality you'll get.
ok then how would you know who's a good surgeon for you or not, this is about individuals my hair will be totaly different to yours in gentic make up so how can you generalise,you might have 2000 grafts and only lose 5 % l could have the 2000 grafts and lose 60% and l did 5 years reasarch thanks and i doubt l could of had a better result anywhere else than here , why dont you point out that most clinics in the usa are franchises and that means mcdonalds to me fast turn over,l will say it again show me a surgeon that puts all 2000 to 5000 grafts into your scalp himself (strip method )l will use his clinic,have you got any names for me???

Well TBH hair characteristics (calibre, colour ect) do play a part in the final outcome but if its a good surgeon you should'nt lose hardly any grafts (maybe 5-10%) getting poor growth comes from poor surgery not hair characterists.

I'm sorry but places like Hassan and Wong have manged to get 12000k+ from NW6 patients and given them both coverage AND density. The top clinics regularly get 7/8k+ in one sitting. I cant believe that anyone who did 5 yrs of research would opt for a place that struggled to get 3800 grafts from TWO surgeries. Even a run of the mill clinic should be able to get 5000 in one go unless you had the absolute worst donor characteristics imaginable.
And as for Franchises what is the Hospital Group if not a 'faceless' franchise employing dozens of have a go surgeons who try their hand at everything lipo, nosejobs, facelifts ect.
Everyone knows that decent surgeon will put his actual name on the clinic door and will have his staff trained personally so that they too are upholding his reputation.
And I really dont mean any offense here but you may be happy with your result because you are (how can I put this?) 'an older gent' so the limited amount suits you but can you imagine what a guy in his 20's/30's would feel having your result?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Avoid the hospital group like the plague!!! They may strike it lucky and get an average result then and again, but these people leave victims behind, not happy people.

Also, best h/t-uk - None of the top docs put the grafts in themselves, this is a statement of ignorance on your part, and anyone that knows anything about hair transplants knows why that is the case.

I'm glad your happy with your H/T, for the HG it's an amazing transplant considering the vast majority are left with less hair and ugly scars, selah!

Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Avoid the hospital group like the plague!!! They may strike it lucky and get an average result then and again, but these people leave victims behind, not happy people.

Also, best h/t-uk - None of the top docs put the grafts in themselves, this is a statement of ignorance on your part, and anyone that knows anything about hair transplants knows why that is the case.

I'm glad your happy with your H/T, for the HG it's an amazing transplant considering the vast majority are left with less hair and ugly scars, selah!
well done you have answered my point (so we can agree two of the most important parts of any h/t are carried out by non qualified staff!! the surgeon cuts out and stitches back up and pops small slits in the scalp of which the number is given by his staff on the amount of grafts they have dissected!( not wanting to show my ignorance) the staff transplant every graft at no time does the surgeon even touch the grafts so l think you can take it the non qualified staff actual do the Transplant,the only time a surgeon transplant follicle grafts is if he's doing F.U.E of which the price becomes much higher ,may i point out l have never mentioned HG

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="best-uk-h/t":36e09ryy]
Boondock said:
I don't "go on about" US surgeons. It's just a fact that there are no world-class hair transplant surgeons in the UK. There are 9 or 10 such surgeons in the US. Therefore, if you want a world-class procedure, you have to go to the US.

Of course the majority of US docs are still below-par. I'm not telling you to fly out and hold out a placard saying "take me to a hair transplant surgeon, asap." I'm asking you to do your research and find someone good there. The costs of flights and accommodation are negligible to the overall cost, and more importantly negligible to the difference in quality you'll get.
ok then how would you know who's a good surgeon for you or not, this is about individuals my hair will be totally different to yours in genetic make up so how can you generalise,you might have 2000 grafts and only lose 5 % l could have the 2000 grafts and lose 60% and l did 5 years research thanks and i doubt l could of had a better result anywhere else than here , why don't you point out that most clinics in the USA are franchises and that means McDonald's to me fast turn over,l will say it again show me a surgeon that puts all 2000 to 5000 grafts into your scalp himself (strip method )l will use his clinic,have you got any names for me???

Well TBH hair characteristics (calibre, colour ect) do play a part in the final outcome but if its a good surgeon you should'nt lose hardly any grafts (maybe 5-10%) getting poor growth comes from poor surgery not hair characterists.

I'm sorry but places like Hassan and Wong have manged to get 12000k+ from NW6 patients and given them both coverage AND density. The top clinics regularly get 7/8k+ in one sitting. I cant believe that anyone who did 5 yrs of research would opt for a place that struggled to get 3800 grafts from TWO surgeries. Even a run of the mill clinic should be able to get 5000 in one go unless you had the absolute worst donor characteristics imaginable.
And as for Franchises what is the Hospital Group if not a 'faceless' franchise employing dozens of have a go surgeons who try their hand at everything lipo, nosejobs, facelifts ect.
Everyone knows that decent surgeon will put his actual name on the clinic door and will have his staff trained personally so that they too are upholding his reputation.
And I really dont mean any offense here but you may be happy with your result because you are (how can I put this?) 'an older gent' so the limited amount suits you but can you imagine what a guy in his 20's/30's would feel having your result?[/quote:36e09ryy]
your talking hairs not grafts 12000 hairs if you took 12000 grafts from the back of your head you wouldn't be able to bend your head forward ,work on 20000 to 25000 hairs at the back of the head likewise the sides and top l lost the top and full crown unless i had body hair implants it would be imposable to gain density over such a large area,lm not defending anyone in my comments and what i wrote before was for Cowell who ever that might be, there are young guys who are as bald as i was and trust me they would be more than happy to gain a result like mine trust me lve spoken to loads over the years,on the subject of franchises most of the big outfits are owned by adventure capitalists and other off shore money nu/hart as 30 or 40 clinics the real problem is there's loads more one man band clinics popping up loads in London lots of eastern block etc any doctor registered here with the gmc can do h/t, and no offence was taken

Boondock

Reaction score
I'm not being harsh, because there's nothing wrong with your hair transplant, but it does sound like you're being defensive because you want to think you made the best decision. You invested a lot of time, and in the end a lot of money in this; it would suck to know you made the wrong decision.

I don't think you did badly, especially given the money you put in. But you did get lucky. The UK guys are a major risk, and surgically - in terms of quality and regularity of results - the best American surgeons sh*t all over them. I'm not saying all American surgeons are better than all British ones. I'm just saying that if you want a top surgeon, you have to go to the US. I don't think this is even controversial really.

s.a.f

Reaction score
best-uk-h/t said:
[your talking hairs not grafts 12000 hairs if you took 12000 grafts from the back of your head you wouldn't be able to bend your head forward ,work on 20000 to 25000 hairs at the back of the head likewise the sides and top l lost the top and full crown unless i had body hair implants it would be imposable to gain density over such a large area,

No look up H&W case 'London lad' over 11,200 GRAFTS not hairs or 'NicNitro' 9000 GRAFTS or 'JOtronic' over 8000 GRAFTS.
These guys were NW6 and now have full heads of hair that look to the untrained eye like they've never had any m.p.b at all.

[attachment=1:33ljm85o]london_lad_4_m.jpg[/attachment:33ljm85o]
Before

[attachment=0:33ljm85o]london_lad_78_m.jpg[/attachment:33ljm85o]
1 year growth

http://www.nicnitro.com/index.php/before-after/

Dr Feller NW6 7200 grafts 2004:
http://www.fellermedical.com/hair_trans ... ticle&id=7

It sounds to me like the surgeons at HGroup spent plenty of time lowering your expectations and giving you reasons for getting a limited result.

best-uk-h/t said:
there are young guys who are as bald as i was and trust me they would be more than happy to gain a result like mine trust me lve spoken to loads over the years,

Really? :shock: well from what I see on here everyday most young guys are looking for nothing less than perfection. I've seen plenty of cases of guys who's hair looks great to me complaining about it.

best-uk-h/t said:
on the subject of franchises most of the big outfits are owned by adventure capitalists and other off shore money nu/hart as 30 or 40 clinics the real problem is there's loads more one man band clinics popping up loads in London lots of eastern block etc any doctor registered here with the gmc can do h/t, and no offence was taken

Not true at all I think most of the dodgy Drs are working for chains such as the HGroup hiding behind the company brand moving from clinic to clinic doing different styles of procedure like a feild engineer.
I've never seen any backstreet operations setting up simply because its not exactly something that you walk in off the street to get, to attract customers you either need major nationwide advertising - magazines ect (like the Hgroup) or you need to consistantly produce good work and slowly earn a reputation from word of mouth (like the big names of the U.S and Canada).

Attachments

• london_lad_4_m.jpg
    london_lad_4_m.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 2,044
  • london_lad_78_m.jpg
    london_lad_78_m.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 2,063
Reaction score
its obvious you work for a u.s.a. clinic ,so please save me the bullshit,l thought this site might be for real h/t patients is there no were free of you lot.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
eehm i think you can ask around on many forums ... HW is pretty good at strip.
I dont think SAF is working for them, i think he is just trying to help out people to make better choices.
Travel to get youre work done, dont take the easy fast way to the closest.
Yes there are allot of good hair transplant drs in the US, UK used to have a good hair transplant DR it was armani when he did strip, he only does fue now with mega sessions and i would say his work is 50% chanse to get a good result.
Belgium has about 2 good fue drs, think they might be the best choises in europe for fue now.

Just some tips from a Norwegian
And i work in Finance over here, no hair transplant salesman :D
PS i would never get a hair transplant in Scandinavia, butchers over here as well :p

Boondock

Reaction score
The game's up SAF, you better tell him you work for the clinics.

It's not SAF's fault. He had no choice. They said: if you don't spend 5000 posts warning about the dangers of hair transplant in England and boosting sales for our clinics, we won't give you the hair transplant repair surgery. Some people believe that if he says a good word about UK clinics, the US surgeons have a button to press which will instantly de-ionize the implanted follicles and make them drop from his head. There are conflicting views on this.

s.a.f

Reaction score
best-uk-h/t said:
its obvious you work for a u.s.a. clinic ,so please save me the bullshit,l thought this site might be for real h/t patients is there no were free of you lot.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well thats twice in a week I've been accused of this so I guess I've been rumbled.

OK I admit it for the past 4 yrs I've been working on behalf of the U.S hair transplant tourist board. Thats why I dont push one clinic in particular because I'me on the payroll of all the big names.

Feller, Rahal, Hassan and Wong, Shapiro ....

I'm paid specificly to troll HairLossTalk.com posting in response to the 2/3 UK hair transplant threads that we get each month. As part of my infiltration though I must post on about 20 other threads in various sections so as to keep up the disguise of an average poster.
There is one of us on every one of the major hairloss sites and were paid commision as to how many UK people we can get to cross the atlantic.

I'm not really from the UK and have'nt been multiply butchered there I am infact a NW1 living in Los Angeles my name is Hector Gonzales. :whistle:

Ps Real shills are easily spotted on here but we probably only get a couple a year and they're easily spotted pushing the terrible clinics that cant get custom through reputation and word of mouth. (sound familiar best uk h/t?)

And if you still want proof there are posters on here who've known about me and my situation and people who've actually met me and seen my situation) Can you say the same Mr Hospital group salesman?

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I'm paid specificly to troll HairLossTalk.com posting in response to the 2/3 UK hair transplant threads that we get each month. As part of my infiltration though I must post on about 20 other threads in various sections so as to keep up the disguise of an average poster.

I knew it!

So what do you do for a living? Oh, I troll HairLossTalk.com.

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
SAF, is there any sort of good website or article proving how much worse we have it in the UK for surgeons? I'm not questioning your views, I just want concrete proof to show to my parents!!!

Basically, I'm looking to get some FUE done from either Feller or H&W (or possibly Bauman, wanna do a bit more research on him) within the next year or so (I'm nearly 25, want fue to fill in / reduce the size of my thinning crown area, imagine a less extreme Zidane pattern. I don't want to exhaust my donor, just want to thicken the top a bit and enjoy my 20s, and maybe go back for more if my hairline starts to recede when I'm older).

I'd be keeping it clipped short so I doubt I'd need TOO many grafts as it'll be so short I won't need Russel Brand style locks opf thickness, just to look less obviously balding.

My parents have said they'll help financially, but don't believe me when I say the USA is the only good option for surgery.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Just ask them to look at what gets posted on the forums, try and find a decent British result posted and just see what percentage of UK hair transplant threads are about guys who got butchered.
I know its hard to explain but I guess you could just put it down to the fact that out of the 100's of hair transplant surgeons in the big old U.S there are only about 10 really decent ones whilst there are only about 20 hair transplant surgeons in the UK and none of them are really good its simply a numbers game.
The whole UK cosmetic surgey law is a joke all you need is the most basic of medical certifcates and you can open up your own clinic with no real training or experience.

Petchsky

Reaction score
mr_sparkle said:
Basically, I'm looking to get some FUE done from either Feller or H&W (or possibly Bauman, wanna do a bit more research on him)

Hasson and Woing don't do FUE, and avoid Bauman. Feller does FUE but a max of 1500 a day, Shipiro do FUE also...

mr_sparkle

Established Member
Reaction score
Why don't Hasson and Wong due FUE? Do they more concentrate on NW5-6 types and do megasessions?

What's wrong with Bauman? Any links of anything? Spencer Kobren has nothing but good things to say about him.

I doubt I'd need much more than 1500. It's hard to explain - I'll try and get pictures. I have a thin patch - it's quite large, but it's not slick bald, it's mostly baby hairs which I can't really style. I'd basically like to reduce the size of this area, or thicken the whole area up, so that baldness is only noticeable from the back.

I'm happy keeping it buzzed short. I'd PREFER to go for long emo hair but I'm being realistic and would at least like to pull off the buzzed look as if it's a choice rather than necessity. If it's uber short I wouldn't need a huge amount of grafts and the area could be fairly liberal. I don't mind if I still look balding - I've got enough other decent qualities about me that it shouldn't matter, but I'd like the balding to look less advanced, if that makes sense. If hairloss progresses I still have more donor hair.

Cheers Saf, I had a feeling it was that. Are other UK cosmetic surgical options that bad? I've been toying with the idea of octoplasty to make my ears stick out slightly less. they're a good size but stick out a wee bit.

s.a.f

Reaction score
mr_sparkle said:
Cheers Saf, I had a feeling it was that. Are other UK cosmetic surgical options that bad? I've been toying with the idea of octoplasty to make my ears stick out slightly less. they're a good size but stick out a wee bit.

Well in terms of cosmetic surgery hair transplant's are probably one of the most difficult to master. You're not just altering or reducing something you're taking tiny delicate follicles and relocating them and trying to make them not only grow but grow in a natural looking way.
Octoplasty would be one of the more basic. But after having my botched hair transplant's I'd advise you to do some serious research no matter what cosmetic surgery you're having done dont just trust the surgeon to be competent, do some serious research and see plenty of evidence of their work not just one or two of their best exceptional outcomes.