bababa's Story - (Aussie looking for advice)

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
Great hair man.

Foam should thicken it up. But I am thinking do you really need foam?

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
Personal choice. I could handle putting the stuff on my temples. I'd really love to be able to have the best hair I can during my 20's. After that, hopefully I can chill out, and let it go slowly. I'd just love to be able to grow it out properly again. I starts looking weird when it gets long because my hairline is uneven.

Peace...

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I look forward to your progress.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
i think finasteride made your hair thicker.

CHL24

Reaction score
I think you're hair looks great :freaked:

evildude

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 12 Month update

bababa said:
Was lookin good, but alas there is a little tiny trail of miniturised hairs down my part. Not very visual, but they kind of stick up out of it while the long hair parts to the side. Lame, but we'll have to see what will happen over the next year or so. Most a concertrated at the very front. Other than that, no real sheds accept around exam time a few weeks ago.

sure they're miniaturized? could just be hairs that have recently begun to grow again after being in a resting period(don't remember the technical terms) and wasn't cut the last time you got a haircut...

RaginDemon

Reaction score

evildude said:
bababa said:
Was lookin good, but alas there is a little tiny trail of miniturised hairs down my part. Not very visual, but they kind of stick up out of it while the long hair parts to the side. Lame, but we'll have to see what will happen over the next year or so. Most a concertrated at the very front. Other than that, no real sheds accept around exam time a few weeks ago.

sure they're miniaturized? could just be hairs that have recently begun to grow again after being in a resting period(don't remember the technical terms) and wasn't cut the last time you got a haircut...

I notice the same thing as well...when the new hair first came out, they look a lot like the miniaturized hair. It gets thicken up as it gets longer.

evildude

Established Member
Reaction score

RaginDemon said:
evildude said:
bababa said:

I notice the same thing as well...when the new hair first came out, they look a lot like the miniaturized hair. It gets thicken up as it gets longer.

i think at any given point in time, about 10-15% of your hair follicles are in a resting phase(Telogen?). when new hairs start to grow, after the old one is shed, it will in the beginning look short and maybe even weak, but it'll grow thicker and longer in time. this is something everyone, even those who doesn't suffer from hairloss, goes through. so seeing a few smaller hairs in between the longer hars, might not be a problem at all...

RaginDemon

Reaction score

evildude said:
RaginDemon said:
evildude said:
bababa said:

i think at any given point in time, about 10-15% of your hair follicles are in a resting phase(Telogen?). when new hairs start to grow, after the old one is shed, it will in the beginning look short and maybe even weak, but it'll grow thicker and longer in time. this is something everyone, even those who doesn't suffer from hairloss, goes through. so seeing a few smaller hairs in between the longer hars, might not be a problem at all...

I agree, give it sometime and check your overall density of your hair on the top. If the density is there, then it shouldnt be a problem of miniaturizing.

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: bababa's story

Howdy all... been about 4 months since my last update. Exam procrastination means I have the time and energy to take photos of my hair...

Things I've noticed lately;
Overall hair quality very good - I have been keeping my hair pretty short these days
Hairline - no regrowth.

I've been on proscar for 16 months now, and have been toying with ordering foam to put on my hairline. I keep putting it off, happy with the hair I have at the moment. At the moment i'm thinking when I turn 24 early next year, but we'll see. Still have all the little miniturised hairs along my old hairline, so as long as they're there there's probably a good chance of regrowth (I hope).

The front pic does make it look a little worse than before. But that's because it's shorter compared with previous pics. I think it gives a fairer representation.

Here are some piccies for ya!

Ooo... that top pic makes my hair look almost ginger... :shock:

RaginDemon

Reaction score

hair looks GREAT in the last pic!!!

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score

Thanks man.

The general health of my hair is really good at the moment. However, I don't think I can let go of my hairline just yet. The uneveness just shits me, and the fact that it makes it harder to grow out. I'll keep you guys up-to-date with any changes to the regime (e.g foam additions).

RaginDemon

Reaction score

use finasteride to maintain & thicken your existing hair, and maybe consider hair transplant to fix your hairline.