Award for the fastest Hairloss ever? I AM AWESOME's story

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link mate, but it's for the US only (I'm not US :p).

Anyway I just couldn't take it anymore and FINALLY got an appointment with a derm coming up in a few weeks.

Let's see how it goes now.
Oops, my bad!

That is good. You will be able to fight it better if you know whats going on. Good luck~

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
BUMP.

got an appointment with a derm next week.

Shall I tell him/her the full story? Or just tell to check for male pattern baldness?

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
Tell them everything and to check for male pattern baldness.
Thanks man for the help.

Fingers crossed it's not male pattern baldness lol.

It's been 2 years now since the initial shed stopped and my hair has remained the same from that time.

If it is male pattern baldness then it sure as hell is a messed up version of it. Sides have thinned as well (Back of the head is normal though).

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
You would know if it was male pattern baldness though to be honest it goes in the typical fashion yours seem to be going on the sides which with male pattern baldness as we know does not...that alone should tell you something is not right but either way IF it turned out it is male pattern baldness its a weird version i have never heard off.

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
You would know if it was male pattern baldness though to be honest it goes in the typical fashion yours seem to be going on the sides which with male pattern baldness as we know does not...that alone should tell you something is not right but either way IF it turned out it is male pattern baldness its a weird version i have never heard off.

Yeah I agree. I mean the whole top of my head has of course lost a chit load of density but so have both sides of my head (Left more so than the right).

What makes me angry the most though is the timeframe in which the hair went. Only took a mere 5 months for my density to drop from 100% to around 35/40%. Still shocked to this day about this.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I mean the whole top of my head has of course lost a chit load of density but so have both sides of my head (Left more so than the right).

What makes me angry the most though is the timeframe in which the hair went. Only took a mere 5 months for my density to drop from 100% to around 35/40%. Still shocked to this day about this.

**** happens if you lucky it might not be male pattern baldness but IF it is it happens sadly it happened to patrick stewart (professor x from x men) his went in a year and some take longer just the way it is mine has been going since i was 16 (im 20 now) and its still going not fully there yet...is what it is.

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
**** happens if you lucky it might not be male pattern baldness but IF it is it happens sadly it happened to patrick stewart (professor x from x men) his went in a year and some take longer just the way it is mine has been going since i was 16 (im 20 now) and its still going not fully there yet...is what it is.
I know man, but I'm just saying I think I was dealt a very big blow to my hair at only the age of 17.

feelsbadman.

Maybe rogain will work for me as I've not lost much if any hair at all after the shedding stopped.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I know man, but I'm just saying I think I was dealt a very big blow to my hair at only the age of 17.

feelsbadman.

Maybe rogain will work for me as I've not lost much if any hair at all after the shedding stopped.

Yeah i know mine started at 16 so i know how you feel thankfully im over it now i dont care about but still it was a b**ch.

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
i added 1kg of mixed vegetables a day to my diet and start doing yoga (just download the yoga for dummies series) to try and regrow hair - hoping it was a lifestyle problem - but i don't think it did much that. The only benefit i got from it was 9 months (and continuing) of no symptoms of anything - no more skin problems, headaches, colds/flu, tiredness, bruising eta.

these two lifestyle choices have the potential to treat/reduce pretty much very disease. if your hair loss is a health problem and not genetic, i would imagine you would see benefit with these two.

hopefully u find out what's going on

and for those who believe pics or it didn't happen; this is what my vegetable mix looks like.

Attachments

• 2012-10-10 20.28.25.jpg
    2012-10-10 20.28.25.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 192

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
i added 1kg of mixed vegetables a day to my diet and start doing yoga (just download the yoga for dummies series) to try and regrow hair - hoping it was a lifestyle problem - but i don't think it did much that. The only benefit i got from it was 9 months (and continuing) of no symptoms of anything - no more skin problems, headaches, colds/flu, tiredness, bruising eta.

these two lifestyle choices have the potential to treat/reduce pretty much very disease. if your hair loss is a health problem and not genetic, i would imagine you would see benefit with these two.

hopefully u find out what's going on

and for those who believe pics or it didn't happen; this is what my vegetable mix looks like.
Thanks mate. I've cleaned up my diet a few months ago and it's basically full of lean meat and vegetables.

I just hope it's some sort of vitamin deficiency lol. Never seen/heard of anyone lose hair as fast as I lost it at only 17.

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
Well just came back from derm.

Have to say it didn't go well at all. She basically repeated what has beeb said about hair loss on the internet. She even said that hair coming off from the sides was normal for male pattern baldness! Just recommeneded me Minoxidil and that was it.

Oh well I at least got a full blood count and zinc/iron blood test from her.

The hair loss is starting to annoy me now. 2 years and no answers.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Well just came back from derm.

Have to say it didn't go well at all. She basically repeated what has beeb said about hair loss on the internet. She even said that hair coming off from the sides was normal for male pattern baldness! Just recommeneded me Minoxidil and that was it.

Oh well I at least got a full blood count and zinc/iron blood test from her.

The hair loss is starting to annoy me now. 2 years and no answers.

Where do you live?

I AM AWESOME

Established Member
Reaction score
Where do you live?
In the UK lol. The worst place for a young man for hair loss to live in, with regards to getting/diagnosing hair loss.

Well I'll go give the blood test tomorrow and let's see what happens.

Have also asked some opinion from close friends ect and they all say that the hair loss isn't noticeable that much, only if you look closely, which has actual blown my mind since the pics clearly show otherwise.

resu

Reaction score
Indians and other people from that region have very different from European hair loss patterns and that includes the sides and back.