Avodart Rash? Anyone Experienced This?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
My skin all over tends to get itchy and sort of dry as well
this is how my skin often felt all winter. I didn't have the red bumps though. I think it mightve been the oral minoxidil cause I was using 10mg a day, but now I take every other day and my skin is not so itchy anymore but maybe its just because the weathers getting warmer that my skin is less dry now. winter was dry and Im probably not making hardly any sebumn cause of the antiandrogens. the itching would happen in certain areas and would come and go to a different area.
There is a condition called pilaris keratosis which causes small itchy bumps at follicles from over keratization of hair follicles. so maybe its that?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long do your shedding cycles last? Mine has been going on for 3 and a half months and is getting progressively worse. I counted 33 hairs by rubbing my hair in the sink for a few minutes, worst its ever been and its heartbreaking.
As for your rashes, I think its androgen related, I don't think minoxidil could cause rashes like that? Or at least I've not seen any reports of that. It could be the dutasteride, but it could also be the enza.. Have you considered trying 50mg Androcur instead of dutasteride?
My no growth periods last for 9-13 months. I’d be doing cartwheels if I only lost 33 hairs right now. I lose around 150-200.

I have tried cpa and spironolactone and they don’t work for me. These rashes are a mystery

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ur doctor didn't do a swab or biopsy? I'd see a derm
It was just a gp. I also asked my dad and sister who are both doctors and they said it looks like an allergic reaction to meds. It’s just about identifying which one. I’m leaning towards minoxidil at this stage.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is how my skin often felt all winter. I didn't have the red bumps though. I think it mightve been the oral minoxidil cause I was using 10mg a day, but now I take every other day and my skin is not so itchy anymore but maybe its just because the weathers getting warmer that my skin is less dry now. winter was dry and Im probably not making hardly any sebumn cause of the antiandrogens. the itching would happen in certain areas and would come and go to a different area.
There is a condition called pilaris keratosis which causes small itchy bumps at follicles from over keratization of hair follicles. so maybe its that?
That’s a good suggestion. They are almost like ingrown hairs but they’re itchy, and only appear to pop up on my body and never my head or scalp. They also began in the summer, so it can’t be cold weather.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s a good suggestion. They are almost like ingrown hairs but they’re itchy, and only appear to pop up on my body and never my head or scalp. They also began in the summer, so it can’t be cold weather.
well, my skin feels pretty good now that Im on minoxidil every other day. rubbing coconut oil on it helped some. and not taking a hot bath or shower too often.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Any news ?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
But it shouldnt go away if you take the minoxidil every day
I keep telling everyone, minoxidil works only part of the time for me. It will grow hair for a bit, then totally stop working. Around and around in cycles. My guess is that the rashes and facial bloating happens when I kicks back in again.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I keep telling everyone, minoxidil works only part of the time for me. It will grow hair for a bit, then totally stop working. Around and around in cycles. My guess is that the rashes and facial bloating happens when I kicks back in again.

The half life is 22hours, its always in your blood so if you are allergic it shouldnt go away. The effects on your hairs its another thing. I think its normal because its the hair that grows in cycle..if dont change the dose it should stabilize after 1 year

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
The half life is 22hours, its always in your blood so if you are allergic it shouldnt go away. The effects on your hairs its another thing. I think its normal because its the hair that grows in cycle..if dont change the dose it should stabilize after 1 year
I’ve been on it since July 2015 and it’s not changed. Its effects seems to just switch on and off. The sides, the hair growth - all of that. Comes and goes. Ps I beleive the rashes are starting again because my shoulder is flaring up once more.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well my skin is actually very dry and itchy all over and my pimples are gone so I would have thought that my androgens are Lower atm

Hypoandrogenism can definitely do this if your skin is dry and itchy all over. The antiandrogens are basically causing your sebaceous glands to dry up and stop producing any lubrication for your skin so you're developing eczema.

You are way overtreated at this time on antiandrogens. Should settle down at least a bit once you drop your cyproterone.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hypoandrogenism can definitely do this if your skin is dry and itchy all over. The antiandrogens are basically causing your sebaceous glands to dry up and stop producing any lubrication for your skin so you're developing eczema.

You are way overtreated at this time on antiandrogens. Should settle down at least a bit once you drop your cyproterone.
Actually i'm considering adding in bical or flut.
I get the feeling that these rashes are actually minoxidil. They tend to be localised to shoulders, sometimes legs and forearms. Tends to coincide with increased shedding and mild to quite increased hair growth (around temples/forehead *eyeroll*)

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually i'm considering adding in bical or flut.
I get the feeling that these rashes are actually minoxidil. They tend to be localised to shoulders, sometimes legs and forearms. Tends to coincide with increased shedding and mild to quite increased hair growth (around temples/forehead *eyeroll*)

Not sure how you think that's going to help when no other combo of antiandrogens has. But have at it. You know my opinion.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure how you think that's going to help when no other combo of antiandrogens has. But have at it. You know my opinion.
well, unlike other anti androgens, those actually increase lutinizing hormone, at least in men

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Flutamide increases aromatase activity which is a key player in frontal hairless as we know. It's listed as one of the "pro-estrogenic" drugs because of this. The only reason i haven't added it in is because i wanted to try the "harder" stuff first, but it was one of my first options initially because of how effective it's been for female hairloss.