At what age did you start going bald?

At what age did you start going bald?

• Total voters

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Receding hairline throughout my 20's though more obvious to me in my late 20's. Crown lost quite a bit in my early 30's, I noticed it when I was probably around 32 (now 39).

Reaction score

started feeling the need to use a thickening shampoo at like 19, i didnt think i was balding but my hair just didnt feel "right"

started seeing actual thinning last summer at 20, am 21 now and have been on propecia and nizoral for like 4 months....still losing hair

hairfin

Established Member
Reaction score
my hair had been falling out in the shower since i was 17ish ( i thought it was lack of vitamins!) but it really didnt become noticable until i was 21, when I had to cut down to 2. since then its gone downhill fast and now im going to have to buzz it down to 0/1.

like the original poster i hadnt ever thought i would go bald at such a young age, my hair was awesome before and i looked a great, ive totally become introverted socially now, hardly go out without a cap, but im trying to accept it now and shaving it off will be my liberation!!

also using propecia for a while gave me man boobs, so another headache im looking to sort out with an op soon

newton

Reaction score
About 31/32 I noticed lots of hair coming out everytime I washed it.... but I had waist length hair and loads of it so I wasn't worried

Over the next year or two I realised I was losing more until I was about 35 when I cut it shorter to make it look thicker... it worked but over the next couple of years I got more and more concerned

My girlfriend said it looked good and didn't think it was getting worse.... but it was driving me mental so I clippered it off to a zero

For all the guys that started to lose their hair in their teens, that sucks! I feel for you, I'd have been devastated.

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
unlucky number 22, when It showed its signs.

U2V

Reaction score
30 was the magic number for me. Magic as in my temple hair did a disappearing act! I was astounded at how quickly it went. It was there a month before, because I used to get my hair cut every month, but suddenly....GONE! Leaving me with a thick central bar where my hairline used to be. I was sure that it was all going to go since this first lot had been so quick, but that was now 12 years ago, and it really hasn't changed a great deal since....weird.

MoHairMoBetta

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it started when I was 18-19. I'm 23 now and I'd say I'm a NW3v. I made the classic mistake of waiting way too long to try to save my hair.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
17 :/