At My Wits End, Anything Else I Can Do?

Powerglide

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wondering if you have any suggestions about additions to my regimen
Currently using

RU 5% 1 ml once daily
Finasteride 1.25 mg daily
Minoxidil max 1 ml once daily (15% minoxidil, 0.1% finasteride, azealic acid) +/- Minoxidil 5% 1 ml on days when I can
Nizoral 2x/week
Dutasteride 0.5 mg 1x/week
Dermaroll every 1-2 weeks at 1-1.25 mm depth with Dr. Pen A7

Still having ongoing loss, particularly now in the middle of my scalp and along the hairline. I've done daily Dutasteride for 6 months (Jan-June) prior to this with no improvement and what feels like acceleration of my hair loss now. I'm back now on Finasteride and was on Finasteride for a year prior to experimenting with Dutasteride. I added RU fairly recently. I started dermarolling/minoxidil again as well, but previously tried it for a 6 month period without results.

Basically, I'm still losing lots of ground despite everything I tried. Nothing has even slowed things down. I'm about a Norwood 2, but just very thin on top and at the temples. Feeling pretty defeated and have been fairly depressed for the last 6 months. Should I just throw in the towel? I've thought about adding CB, but I don't see how that will make much of a difference given what I'm already on. Any suggestions would be helpful, but I do sense that there's not much else I can do and I'm not interested in using something like cyproterone.
Thanks in advance.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems like you’ve already thrown everything at it. HRT seems like the last resort. Perhaps oral minoxidil.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You might have the technical term in the scientific community known as you'refuckeditis.

gman3

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did you quit Duta?

I was on duta for 6-8 months EOD and had massive shedding for a long time. It took at least 6 months before I saw a reduction in shedding, but unfortunately it came with sides and I had to quit. Duta takes quite a long time to work for some, and my hair seemed like it was thinning even faster in the beginning. If you didn’t have sides I’d recommend staying on it. Nothing to lose.

I was also on finasteride during that time.

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, how many mg per 1ml of RU58841 are you using?
Your regimen is about as good as it can get...... Just give the regimen time because you are doing everything that is humanly possible.
Good luck mate.

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
Also I think finesteride is better than dutasteride for a lot of people, the 99% spike in scalp testosterone sort of defeats the purpose of the extra dht inhibition.
That said RU58841 should in "theory" sort that out but who knows.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You may not be getting worse, you may be maintaining, and you just don't realize it. You have to take consistent pictures to monitor it, or you'll see things that aren't there.

Last edited:

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
That is the best regimen you can be on, nothing else you can do mate.
Unless you use transgender drugs, which obviously you can't if you want to remain a man.

xaragedom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I were you I would also add low concentration tretinoin like 0.01 or 0.025% to enhance minoxidil effect

Powerglide

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did you quit Duta?

I was on duta for 6-8 months EOD and had massive shedding for a long time. It took at least 6 months before I saw a reduction in shedding, but unfortunately it came with sides and I had to quit. Duta takes quite a long time to work for some, and my hair seemed like it was thinning even faster in the beginning. If you didn’t have sides I’d recommend staying on it. Nothing to lose.

I was also on finasteride during that time.

I quit dutasteride because I felt like my hair only got worse, including recession of my hair line, over the 6 month period I was on it.

Powerglide

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, how many mg per 1ml of RU58841 are you using?
Your regimen is about as good as it can get...... Just give the regimen time because you are doing everything that is humanly possible.
Good luck mate.

1 ml of the 5% RU (50 mg) once daily