Asmed - Dr. Koray - Istanbul - 5500 Grafts Megasession - 10/2018

heckenpenner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking promising dude. Im at 2 months post surgery right now, shedding and hating life, but seeing your results at 116 days gives me some sense of hope :D

i can understand - stay strong! :) have a look at my photos from day 48 - ugly duckling phase :D from day 100 on there was a big change...

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i can understand - stay strong! :) have a look at my photos from day 48 - ugly duckling phase :D from day 100 on there was a big change...

I'll try my best to stay positive, thanks!
Just out of curiosity...your latest photo shows all your hair lengths rather even across the scalp. Have you had it buzzed to keep the same length?

heckenpenner

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll try my best to stay positive, thanks!
Just out of curiosity...your latest photo shows all your hair lengths rather even across the scalp. Have you had it buzzed to keep the same length?

yes! i go to the hair stylist every 2-3 weeks to keep the same length. The recipient gets cut by scissors and the donor only by clipper / machine. Asmed recommends not to use clipper on the recipient.

heckenpenner

My Regimen
Reaction score
photos from day 160. i am really happy and hair is growing... The crown is still taking time and not that fast like the front. I hope empty spaces will fill up in the next months... I guess it is normal?

day-160-1.jpg day-160-2.jpg day-160-3.jpg

I.said

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes many great results from doctors in turkey but i heard with Dr Koray it is all about which tech team you get, it is like playing russian roulette. i guess heckenpenner was fortunate to be in the good tech team. your results so far looks great mate .

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any updates?

I am scheduled for surgery with Asmed in a few months and I am a bit worried to be honest.

Chriswaun

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello mate

Can you post photos of it from
Above in harsh lighting (such as outside )

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you post more photos?

I have been browsing a few forums lately and all I have seen is average results from Asmed and a lot of unhappy people, not trying to be negative but am I missing something here? is it maybe because the people that are not happy usually are the ones that complain are rightfully so, but if someone has a good result maybe they forget about their hair and move on with their lives

I am so lost, I don't know where to go for a transplant now honestly..

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you post more photos?

I have been browsing a few forums lately and all I have seen is average results from Asmed and a lot of unhappy people, not trying to be negative but am I missing something here? is it maybe because the people that are not happy usually are the ones that complain are rightfully so, but if someone has a good result maybe they forget about their hair and move on with their lives

I am so lost, I don't know where to go for a transplant now honestly..

My personal opinion: if you see multiple sub-par results from the same surgeon, question whether they are genuinely poor results. Is it too early to tell? is it in fact realistic in line with their circumstances ? Does it look natural or pluggy? (consider hair type, donor hair, design and angulation, number of grafts considering the area that needs coverage etc). If the answer is they are genuinely poor results, look elsewhere.
In Dr. Koray Erdogan's case, I would say there are enough posts to suggest his quality has gone downhill in the recent times (and the quality now seems to be pot-luck depending on the technician). It is not to say you won't get great results from him (as the OP seems to be enjoying), but there are simply better options out there in my opinion.

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
My personal opinion: if you see multiple sub-par results from the same surgeon, question whether they are genuinely poor results. Is it too early to tell? is it in fact realistic in line with their circumstances ? Does it look natural or pluggy? (consider hair type, donor hair, design and angulation, number of grafts considering the area that needs coverage etc). If the answer is they are genuinely poor results, look elsewhere.
In Dr. Koray Erdogan's case, I would say there are enough posts to suggest his quality has gone downhill in the recent times (and the quality now seems to be pot-luck depending on the technician). It is not to say you won't get great results from him (as the OP seems to be enjoying), but there are simply better options out there in my opinion.

Great response, I agree with everything you said, with the results I have seen most of them are post 8 months, and the common thing is the lack of density, I agree with you I feel like there are better options out there.

I.said

My Regimen
Reaction score

Thats genuine opinion. I couldn't agree more. Please post some examples of better options?

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats genuine opinion. I couldn't agree more. Please post some examples of better options?

I personally only had one experience, it was with Dr. B-sanga at BHR clinic in Brussels. Feel free to see my thread:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/fut-with-dr-b-sanga-3567-grafts-today.119007/
While the growth is nowhere near as rapid as @heckenpenner , I am feeling quietly positive. I think it really comes down to individuals and their hair characteristics. The experience was all positive, but obviously the difference in price compared to Turkish clinics is a huge factor for many.
From what I read so far, I would say if I was going to Turkey I would be inclined to consider Demirsoy (there are a few other names which escaped my mind), but this was limited to the forum posts I read.

I.said

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for replying back.
You have so much knowledge about this subject and your results look great congratulations. I made my decision to go to dr koray. Hope it's the right choice.

heckenpenner

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now it is day 229 - 7,5 month post surgery. My hair did grow a lot in the meantime and I am really happy with the current status. My life did change a lot and i would always do surgery again. The crown is stil not perfect and i hope that more hair will come - but also with current status i am more than happy.

229.jpg 229-1-web.jpg 229-2.JPG 229-3-web.jpg 229-4-web.jpg